Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

MCMLXXXIV
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hopefully the Yankees can pull out another one tonight since they're back at the stadium and managed to grab those 2 wins out in Oakland (shocking, I thought Oakland was gonna sweep the series after the 1st two games.) Also, I saw part of a Roy Firestone/Barry Bonds interview last night where he was asked if he would ever consider going to NY to play and he said "he would play for any team in the US." The point was also made that the Giants are supposedly NOT gonna match any offers the Yankees are capable of giving him.

Last Online

12.13.11 @ 02:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Let's Go Yankees! [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 03:49 PM
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

I heard that Steinbrenner was prepaired to offer Bonds a three year deal worth $30 million and Giambi a four year deal worth $100 million. Steinbrenner is not afraid to open his wallet. Seams like a hell of a lot of money but he will make that back ten fold with his new cable deal. Not sure having therm both at that kind of money is all that wise, with Clemens age he might want to look at getting another ace pitcher instead.

If you had to choose between Bonds at $30 mill or Giambi at $100 mill who would you choose? My choice would be Giambi.
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 10:36 PM
    Liked 962 Times in 384 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by OLO:
    I heard that Steinbrenner was prepaired to offer Bonds a three year deal worth $30 million and Giambi a four year deal worth $100 million. Steinbrenner is not afraid to open his wallet. Seams like a hell of a lot of money but he will make that back ten fold with his new cable deal. Not sure having therm both at that kind of money is all that wise, with Clemens age he might want to look at getting another ace pitcher instead.

If you had to choose between Bonds at $30 mill or Giambi at $100 mill who would you choose? My choice would be Giambi.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

giambi without a doubt. he'd fit into NY perfectly [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

i'm a die hard yankees fan and i would never accept bonds in a yankee uniform, he is a pile of shit. fuck that.

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

MCMLXXXIV
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Is that $30 million a year or $30 million over 3 years equalling $10 million a year? If it's $10 million a year there is no way in hell Bonds would even consider that. He'd laugh at that.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 03:49 PM
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AxeSlinger84:
    Is that $30 million a year or $30 million over 3 years equalling $10 million a year? If it's $10 million a year there is no way in hell Bonds would even consider that. He'd laugh at that.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I heard $10 Million a year for three years with a signing bonus. I cant see anyone giving him much more than that, his age is a factor at this point. Isnt Bonds 38?

Bonds is a prick and will disrupt any club house he goes too, hell his own teamates dont like him now.

My guess is that he will stay in SanFrancisco.
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

MCMLXXXIV
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

What does Bonds make now?? $10 million a year sounds like a joke. ARod makes like $26 million a year. Bonds would retire before he has to stoop to the level of a $30 million 3 year deal.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 10:36 PM
    Liked 962 Times in 384 Posts

did u see that fuckin catch by jeter?!?!?! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Imperial Fascist Overlord Down In Flames's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

@
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Yankees Stadium was rockin' Monday night. The vibe there was crazy. Once Soriano hit the two-run single, I knew we would win.

And Jeter's just the shit. That catch was awesome. He was the MVP of the series, to me. He batted 444. I think, not to mention his defense.

Oakland's a good team. The Yankees are a great team.

I've got to admit... After the first two games, I didn't see us coming back. But we did. [img]smilies/thumb.gif[/img] If the series with the M's doesn't go at least 6 games, I'd be surprised.
    http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/images/avatars/michael3.jpg

"You are the McCarthy of this board. The witch burner." - strungout, on yours truly

"Only Eddymon would claim victory during a FOUR game losing streak." - OLO

"Did I not say, 'I think we should shoot him!' I did. Double rainbow on this end. I require a high five. Out."- track 5, on the delicate art of banning

"If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire..."

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later, Atomic Pu
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JMJ:

i'm a die hard yankees fan and i would never accept bonds in a yankee uniform, he is a pile of shit. fuck that.

JMJ
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I couldn't agree more. I told all my friends that if Bonds broke the record, I'd stop watching baseball. [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]

But then, i realized....I'm a Yankee fan. i can't do that [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ October 17, 2001 at 07:36 PM: Message edited by: Wolfman ]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later, Atomic Pu
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

double post

[ October 17, 2001 at 07:35 PM: Message edited by: Wolfman ]

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

MCMLXXXIV
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

One thing about Barry Bonds though that you gotta remember is that he's a huge cheeseball. What I mean by that is he makes a big deal out of things that are seemingly petty to us. For instance, when Bonds went over to the Giants he was trying to get his Godfather (Willie Mays) to let him wear the retired #24. The fact that he also grew up in SF while his father played for the Giants also contributed to him coming over from Pittsburgh to SF.

What am I getting at here? Although he may have said in the past that he's supposedly really happy to stay in SF, he knows that winning a championship will boost his already HUGE baseball status. Sure he's a HOF shoe-in but EVERY player wants to win the World Series. The "cheeseball" assessment comes in here... his father once played for the Yankees and I'm sure he'd use that as one of the excuses for him to come over and play for NY. To be honest, I'd love to see Bonds here. I might get tired of seeing him on the cover of the Daily News and NEWSDAY but he'd fit like a glove with NY sportswriters. He supposedly can't stand the media - Yeah right, Mike Lupica would be one of his best assets.