Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Last Online

09.04.17 @ 05:32 AM
    Liked 62 Times in 32 Posts

"Gully, watch yourself. I am dead serious." - Brett Norton, Emperor of VHLinks.com

Last Online

Bump.

No one wants to discuss this? Shame.
    "Gully, watch yourself. I am dead serious." - Brett Norton, Emperor of VHLinks.com

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later, Atomic Pu
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Well, what is it you would like to discuss about this, VG? [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Last Online

Come on Wolfman, you know what I want to talk about. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

He'd like to discuss that he's upset there's no child advocacy group he can call in to stop this. Not that he'd actually be man enough to do what he says he belives in...

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Well, VG - here's my take. I think the manner of services they are offering is "convenient" enough to make it cheesy, and they are in no way going to be able to provide the long-term counseling that these women would need after the fact.

Now, in general, I don't like the idea of abortion, but I am pro-choice. That does in no way make me a heartless brute. I bristle at the thought of women having abortions because of the convenience factor, when their pregnancy is the result of poor decisions and planning. However, I would have a hard time telling a woman who is raped and impregnated by someone she has no feelings for and/or had absolutely no intentions of allowing to do that to her, that abortion is a selfish and evil act.

[ June 12, 2001 at 07:42 PM: Message edited by: Wolfman ]

Last Online

Very good post Wolfman.

I just get dismayed when I see something like this. It almost makes me lose hope in humanity. I mean, come on, anyone who spends this much time and effort into making a floating aboration clinic has some serious mental and moral issues going on. I'm sure these people could have thought of better endevours in which to pursue in life. Instead they choose to pursue telling women it's ok to kill unborn babies. Sad.

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think it's a tasteless act by a radical femorrhoid group looking to stir up trouble. The more severe the counter-actions against them, the more they will claim 'opression'.

I disagree with abortion as a form of birth control for the careless. I agree with Wolfman that it's hard to deny a rape victim an abortion, but how many of these women are, indeed, rape victims? And how many were just careless?

Choosing a small boat will make them a vulnerable target to any possible violent attack made on them. If that happens, they'll gain martyr status for their movement and most likely gain more support.

The seafaring baby killing machine. What a pleasant idea. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] I always look into the possible motives for someone doing things like this, and this particular situation looks very insincere. If your goal was to really 'help' these poor, innocent, pregnant women, why would choose the most volatile country as your first port of call? That's asking for trouble, which is what I think is their goal anyway. Stir up controversy and get free publicity for their movement.

Ya know, the mammogram mobile makes sense. They provide a convenient way for women to be CHECKED for disease, they offer quick results, and can direct those women to the proper care facilities. The book mobile is a good idea; they bring the library that much closer to people, and they return on a regular basis. The abortion mobile disgusts me. I disagree with abortion; I've seen what the effects can be on the woman's entire life. But if you're going to offer this kind of "service", and include counseling, they must have one hell of a psychologist on board if they can completely handle the mental/emotional/psychological effects of an abortion in one trip.

Here's a thought: let's say this boat gets caught in a big storm, and the occupants end up shipwrecked ala Gilligan's Island, except in a place that can't sustain life for long. Another boat happens by their new island home, realizes who is shipwrecked, and leaves them there to die. How will those women feel THEN about a boat that goes around and decides whether the helpless live or die?
    Don't bark at me...<b>I</b> didn't name ya.

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 06:15 PM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

Interesting perspective Abe. [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Last Online

Yeah, Abe about summed it up for me.

Baluchitherium
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

New Birth Control:

RU469 [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<br /><br />God Bless the USA!!!!<br />~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ANGEL4U:
    New Birth Control:

RU469 [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

sheesh...who let the dogs out? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] LMAO!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AbeVanHalen:
    I disagree with abortion as a form of birth control for the careless. I agree with Wolfman that it's hard to deny a rape victim an abortion, but how many of these women are, indeed, rape victims? And how many were just careless?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is why I don't care to enter debates like this. Who cares how many are which? If we're that concerned about the "unborn", let's show a little respect for the women as well, OK? [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Soapboxes are a dangerous place to stand, in my opinion. i'm not starting a fight, OK? I just don't like zealous blanket statements.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>The abortion mobile disgusts me. I disagree with abortion; I've seen what the effects can be on the woman's entire life. But if you're going to offer this kind of "service", and include counseling, they must have one hell of a psychologist on board if they can completely handle the mental/emotional/psychological effects of an abortion in one trip.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I disagree with abortion too - fundamentally. But we have to take those "odd" cases seriously too. We spend so much time talking about the unborn, that we don't give a crap about the individuals that are already living. They can feel and comprehend pain and the concept of being "unacceptable" and "unwanted" a lot more than an embryo.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Here's a thought: let's say this boat gets caught in a big storm, and the occupants end up shipwrecked ala Gilligan's Island, except in a place that can't sustain life for long. Another boat happens by their new island home, realizes who is shipwrecked, and leaves them there to die. How will those women feel THEN about a boat that goes around and decides whether the helpless live or die?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, come on, Abe! Isn't that reaching a little bit? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I appreciate and respect your strong feelings about the issue, OK? [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]

Baluchitherium
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I really don't like these threads either Wolfman. Too many living, unwanted, abused kids out there in this world as is. I'll never forget the stories I've heard about these living kids.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<br /><br />God Bless the USA!!!!<br />~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ANGEL4U:
    I really don't like these threads either Wolfman. Too many living, unwanted, abused kids out there in this world as is. I'll never forget the stories I've heard about these living kids.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Word, baby. [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]