Thread: Tough times...

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

TYWH, Humans Being
    Last Online

09.03.12 @ 04:14 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Like JonJustice, I'm going through some girl trouble here.

Ok, I've been going out with the same girl for about three years now, and I think I've met someone else I really like. Now, I'm the type of guy that stops all of my friends from cheating on their girlfriends. But the oppurtunity has occured with me.

Ok, here it goes, I'm a freshman in college, and my fraternity had a Halloween date party. So my girlfriend couldn't come up, so I took this girl I kind of knew just from hanging out and shit (God knows I would never tell my girlfrind about that), but after she asked me to come over to her place. I declined, but I didn't tell her that I had a girlfriend, just cause basically I was to hammered to walk, but I'm really starting to get into this girl. I really don't want to risk my realtionship with my girlfriend since we've been going out with my girlfriend for three years, but she's still a senior in high school, and I'm off at college with nothing holding me back except her.

Now half my friends are telling me to go for it and have a little something on the side, and basically the other half are telling me that they'll kick my ass if I cheat on my girlfriend. Understand that my girlfriend is probably the coolest girl ever, but when you got a junior sororoity chick all over you 24/7, it makes a man question his morals, especially when you're gettting those 3 AM calls to come over to the sorority house to get a little something. God, I'm so fucking confused and drunk, please someone give me some suggestions.
    Light em' up!!!

"You can drink the water, but don't ya eat the ice;
    Take your vitamin "T" with salt 'n lemon slice!"

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

TYWH, Humans Being
    Last Online

09.03.12 @ 04:14 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hope it doesn't sway the group that my girlfriend is a huge VH fan, and this other girl thinks they suck. Man, when I hear some "Finish What Ya' Started and "Can't Stop Lovin' You" I have no idea what to do.
    Light em' up!!!

"You can drink the water, but don't ya eat the ice;
    Take your vitamin "T" with salt 'n lemon slice!"

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Hot for Teacher
    Last Online

10.28.15 @ 05:22 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Donor

Let me put on my "Father Voice"... Son, you're too young to be committed to anyone right now. You need to get it out of your system now so that when you have a nice house and a nice car, your future wife doesn't have an excuse to clean your clock! Trust me on this... Sure it's shitty, but take the opportunities presented, then you can make a decision about what you want from another person, and what you're willing to give, and only experience will teach you that [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] And ALWAYS wear a condom! No excuses! [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img]

[ November 05, 2002, 01:57 AM: Message edited by: el_jalepeno ]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Streets
    Last Online

01.11.12 @ 06:57 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ok, now pay attention, please.

I graduated college six months ago. When I was a freshman, I lived in an all freshman dorm with total of 75 residents. And there were so damn many of 'em that had significant others from high school (myself included). By the time graduation rolled around, ya know how many of 'em still had their high school boys or girls???? NONE! Not a one. I broke up with my girlfriend freshman year, partially because of another girl. Some people took longer, but most didn't make it throught the first year.

My point is, the changes you will go through in college are as much a part of life as losing HS sweethearts is a part of college. I am not saying that nobody has a chance to make it work with a high school flame, but it is early November of your freshman year and you are already having doubts (which is very normal). I don't know your relationship, but I know college...and maybe its time to take that change and move on.

But that's just me talkin
    Gozer the Traveller will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldronaii the Traveller came as a very large and moving Torb. Then of course in the third reconciliation of the last of the Meketrex supplicants they chose a new form for him, that of a Sloar. Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you.
    -Lewis Tully in Ghostbusters

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Can\'t Get This Stuff No More
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

If I were you, I'd bang that sorority chick and just lie to the one still in HS. Chances are that she'll believe you.

Massachusetts by way of the Great State of New Jersey
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Changes with the day
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 12:18 PM
    Liked 545 Times in 326 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

I'm 33 and been married to my college girlfriend for 9 years now. Take it from me, get what you can, when you can, as often as you can. Break up with the girlfriend, but don't burn that bridge, do it nicely.

Last thing you want is to turn this down, then have her go to another college (or even the same one) next year and dump you for some Junior frat boy. And that WILL happen. And then you got screwed, but only figuratively

If you're worried that you might be dumping the girl you're "meant" to marry, don't be. If she's the one, you'll hook up again down the road, and you won't have the baggage of having cheated on her to overcome.

On another note, I STILL kick myself for the girls I turned down or backed off on, or didn't try it with, when I was trying to be a "nice" guy (not while I was dating my current wife - cheating is never a good idea). Man, 5 years down the road, who fuckin cares?

[ November 05, 2002, 08:15 AM: Message edited by: Incredible Edible Dude ]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later, Atomic Pu
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Booty calls aren't the best reason to just up and dump on a long-time girlfriend, but I understand what you are saying. It sounds to me like you are facing the dilemma of having to move on now that you are in college and your girlfriend is still back in HS. It's tough - I had the same thing happen to me when I started to college. College life is very different from HS, and you may find yourself re-evaluating where you are quite a bit.

if you feel like you want to explore new relationship possibilities, do the right thing and break up with your girlfriend first, but don't do it just because you have the chance to get some nookie.

It's very natural for guys to want to get as much action as possible, especially when you are at what experts call your prime. I think you'll find later down the road that keeping a little bit of honor and integrity in your relationships will make you feel better.
    Now, my advice would be different to a guy who was totally unattached, because I'm just the kind of guy who believes in being faithful. Either way, good luck figuring out what you want to do.

So - is everybody going to post each time they have hormone issues? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Geez, you people! Sometimes I wonder if you let your hormones rule your advice... [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img]

Mas, I'm not going to tell you to break up with your girlfriend and tap into the coed or not - that's not my place to decide. I will, however, stress a point.

Shit or get off the pot.

Crudeness aside, what you need to do is sit down and figure out whether you want to be with your girlfriend or be "free" for a time and look for someone else. You can't have it both ways and still be a man. If you honestly feel that you're called to be single and wild for a while, tell your girlfriend that (but break it to her in a way that she knows you care about her but aren't sure where you want to go with your life and need some "me" time to figure things out. Sometimes absence makes the heart grow fonder, sometimes not).

The bottom line, however, is do NOT cheat on your girlfriend. Be man enough to tell her you need to call it off if that is the case. If you're committed to being with her, stop putting yourself in a position where you'll be tempted not to be faithful.

Now, my feelings on the whole breaking up or staying with thing is this... I'm still dating the girl I dated as a senior in high school - that was five years ago.

Good luck with the decision, just make sure you are decisive one way or the other.

[ November 05, 2002, 10:14 AM: Message edited by: Stuff No More ]
    "Just once I'd like to do the right thing and not get punished for it."

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.06.14 @ 12:51 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

If you mess around at all your NOT in a committed relationship. Make sense. Sure it does.

I dated 2 women at one time, 10 years ago. I was pulling it off for a month. One day I was helping a friend build a garage for his house. Girlfriend #1 came over to see if we needed anything to drink. She just showed up out of the blue and lived 30 miles away. As she left to get some beer. 2 minutes mind you. Girlfriend #2 showed up [img]graemlins/scared.gif[/img] and said I couldn't get ahold of you. I'm going out with my friends tonight at such n such place. Come up after your done hear. She leaves and Girlfriend #1 pulls up maybe 30 seconds later.

God was telling me something.

By the way I broke up with Girlfriend # 2.

The Pimp

Bitch! You need to be tappin dat azz playa!

I has offen be known azz a ladies type o' gentleman....n' shit. Word? Now, my gentlemanlynesstis advice would be to tap on boph dey asses like day iz no next day. You be needin to pimp dem' ho's like day needs ta' be pimped. Ho's be needin pimpin and treated like d' ho's they iz.

Dem biatches be all lined up fo yaz right now all 1 - 2 like. Fo me, they be all lined up all 1,2,3,4,5,6,5,7 like cuz I be a gentlemanly pimp and such. You too can be enhancin' yosef' to pimptastic altitudes and stratocosmic pimptom with some serial recognition of bitchtastic application of pimpitude brothaaaaah.

Kick it like this blood:

Ho #1 gots dat sweet honey pot fo sho'. You B kickin' it wit dat azz fo tre' years dawg! Dat puntaki must be the BOMB. You keep slappin' dat ass real good like n' buy her some fresh gold toofs. Dat be da shit you gonnawanna git hooked on lata'. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Ho #2 be havin' that hankerin' fo yo pimp like potential to up n' butta dat rump. Would a gentlemanly pimp be dissn' da ho's needs to be a ho? [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img] Ho's need to be pimped. Pimps need to pimp ho's. Dis be as a natural occurance as farm animals in the crib on saturday's.

I an old pimp. I be needin' to pass down aw ma pimp paths to pimpton to some new playaz' dat haz aspirations of pimptonhoodliness n' all dat.

Cuz Iz'a gentleman n' all yo. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Now get to pimpin demz ho's asses G $ clip! [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img]

[ November 05, 2002, 11:02 AM: Message edited by: The Pimp ]

Last Online

12.07.17 @ 01:08 PM
    Liked 10 Times in 5 Posts

Decide what you will.

But whatever you do, decide when you are SOBER!!!

You'll have less regrets later.

My opinion, break up with the girlfriend ever so gently. Get all the nookie you can. Get it out of your system.

When the time is right, you'll find Mrs. Mas Tequila, have GREAT nookie, get married, then you'll NEVER get nookie.

But don't cheat.

Later
    CR
    [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Massachusetts by way of the Great State of New Jersey
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Changes with the day
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 12:18 PM
    Liked 545 Times in 326 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Originally posted by Stuff No More:

Now, my feelings on the whole breaking up or staying with thing is this... I'm still dating the girl I dated as a senior in high school - that was five years ago.
    None of my business Stuff, but curious - did you both go to the same college, or one close? Man, I would have loved to stay with my Sr year HS girlfriend, but there was no way I could see her 4-5 times a year and do it. She was in NJ and I was in NH. I didn't do it right, I cheated a little (messing around, not the whole 9 yards so to speak), and that was it. Couldn't get her back after college. Now, I'm happy I didn't as I'm good with my wife, but once in a while I still wonder...

Oh, and if I wasn't clear, NO CHEATING. I made a couple of mistakes on that (in college, not since), and it's not worth it. But, if you're unattached, get it while you can, but like Wolfman said, do it with respect. No need to be an asshole about it.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Break up with your girlfriend first. DON'T CHEAT ON HER!!!

If you do you will be another suck wad wasting my oxygen.

Decide what's improtant and stick to it. Your credibility and your charictor are things that you can't buy and can only repair to a point. If you cheat and later your girlfriend finds out - and they always find out - you are fucked, and rightfully so. If you cheat and end up with the new girl and she finds out that you were fooling around on your ex with her than she will loose a fair amount of trust for you and every time you are late getting home from work she's going to be wondering what you are really doing. Then if your marrage ends up in divorce that little mistake will end up back in your face and you will be one broke and sorry mofo.

Have you ever noticed nobody ever feels sorry when some idiot gets caught cheating and gets blown away? That's because they deserve what ever they get.

Don't be a cheat.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Favorite VH Album

VH1, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Top of the World
    Last Online

01.30.07 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You shouldn't risk ruining a 3 year relationship for a booty call. Just ask yourself if you like the other girl because of her personality or because she's just willing to give you some.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 01:27 PM
    Liked 11,578 Times in 4,934 Posts

Probably really bad advice, but if you're a freshman in college, you shouldn't have a girlfriend anyway you're too young. Go out and experience life!
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!