Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later, Atomic Pu
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

God, I hate this crud-sucker!!!!! [img]graemlins/yell.gif[/img]

This guy hasn't been commissioner for a while, yet he still just can't LET IT GO. [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img] Pete Rose is just his bitch, pure and simple. The guy must need a hobby in a fierce way.

Far as I'm concerned, Pete needs to be in the Hall, period. His accomplishments deserve merit on their own, regardless of what he's been accused of. I'm indifferent on the whole lifetime ban from baseball issue. If he bet on baseball, I don't have a huge problem with him not being allowed to coach or manage again, etc; but he still deserves to be in the Hall, and with NO fucking asterisk by his name.

I was never a big Charlie Hustle fan, but I admire his achievements as one hell of a hard-nosed ballplayer. Baseball needs ass-busters like him today. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

Everybody Wants Some!
    Last Online

06.09.16 @ 11:34 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

[img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 967 Times in 387 Posts

word dog!

fay vincent can suck it.

only reason selig is even talking to rose is so people may change their tune about selig and baseball. rose always said when baseball needs something they call him.

pete should be in the hall, end of discussion.

the only reason why pete is out is because people had it in for him.

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 967 Times in 387 Posts

aside from vincent,we can send a nice big cup of shut the fuck up to joe morgan as well

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Unchained
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

vincent just wants to get his face in the papers and watch giamatti's back. he'd make a stronger case if he'd just shut up.

peter edward better hope joe morgan never shuts up, because him, schmidt and bench are the only big players who are really looking out for him. as far as betting goes, pete's always been his own worst enemy. nobody has it out for him, he dug his own fucking hole everytime he went to his bookie.

obviously he was HOF. he could be there, and still be banned from baseball. i think he doesn't deserve it (which gets me crucified as a reds fan), because every day he saw the no gambling signs posted in the clubhouse. everytime he went to bet, he knew somwhere he was doing wrong. is it sad he's not in cooperstown? hell yeah. it's sad everytime someone fucks up their life. but he can go on selling his autograph and knowing he embarrassed the cincinnati reds.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by Ikeda:
    i think he doesn't deserve it (which gets me crucified as a reds fan), because every day he saw the no gambling signs posted in the clubhouse. everytime he went to bet, he knew somwhere he was doing wrong.
    His gambling pasttime does not change number 4,192.

Anyway, everyone assumes he bet on baseball (which I'll admit, I do as well), but he's never formally admitted to it. Last I heard, chances are any sort of lifting of his ban would probably include a stipulation requiring him to make a statement saying he did bet on baseball.
    "Just once I'd like to do the right thing and not get punished for it."

Unchained
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

his gambling doesn't effect 4192. but it does effect the game, and even 4192, one of the greatest records, is NOT bigger than the game. there's already rose spikes, balls, bats, etc. in cooperstown to commemerate his achievements, while the man himself is outside.

i think an apology is way past due. rose hurt the cincinnati reds and his fans, no matter how many of them follow him come what may. he has never said, "i did it. i was wrong. i'm sorry." and if gambling on ball gets you banned, and he finally admits in public he gambled on ball, how does that get the ban lifted? this is just PR manouvering for bud.

Last Online

10.29.09 @ 12:50 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Rose may have messed up as a coach, but his achievements as a player cannot be denied. You want to keep him away from managing and whatnot, fine. But he was clean as a player, and worked extremely hard.

If Rose gets reinstated, then Shoeless Joe Jackson needs to be as well. Jackson has been dead for more than 50 years, and the ban was supposed to be lifetime, which he served.
    CHICAGO WHITE SOX - 2005 WORLD CHAMPIONS

The Chicago White Sox (1901-present) - The Original SOX - Proof

The Boston Americans (1901)
    The Boston Somersets (1902)
    The Boston Pilgrims (1903-1906)
    The Boston Red Sox (1907-present) - Proof

The Pilgrims/Americans/Somersets whatever you want to call them, have NEVER displayed "SOX" anywhere on their caps, jerseys, or merchandise, therefore they shouldn't be referred to as such. However, the White Sox have used "SOX" since 1912.

The SOX are in Chicago...we just allow the Pilgrims/Americans/Somersets to use the name.

2007 Fantasy Football Champion

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 02:13 AM
    Liked 1,479 Times in 901 Posts

I have mixed thoughts on this whole Pete Rose thing.

First off, his performance as a player was second to none. His 4,192 hits may be a record that stands the test of time. Does he deserve to be in the Hall of Fame on his playing stats? Yes, without a doubt.

If he gambled on everything but baseball, I think he still deserves to go in. I'm sure there are many Hall of Famers who did and still do bet on sports. Can he get a job in MLB? Sure, why not.

Now comes the tough issues.

If he gambled on baseball and bet on for his own team, I think he should go into the Hall of Fame but be banned from ever getting a job in MLB. Betting on your own team, doesn't automatically mean that you have changed the integrity of the game.

If he gambled on baseball and bet against his own team, there is where I have a problem. As a manager, you do have SOME control over a game. I don't mean 100% or even 50% but some control. If he bet against his team and his team has a lead, he does have ways to TRY and 'make' his team lose. He could leave a tired pitcher in longer or give a slow guy the steal sign. He could keep his stud relief pitcher out of the game. Not that all of this is foolproof but he can only TRY to do it. With that said, he would be changing the integrity of the game. That to me is almost has bad as the White Sox throwing the World Series. An apology would be tough to swallow if he did bet against his team. No Hall of Fame.
    On the other hand, if he did bet against his team, that doesn't mean that he would do these things. If he knows that his team is playing lousy and will be playing the number one team, he may assume that they will lose anyway. So why not make a few bucks in the process. I don't condone this, I'm just trying to think why somebody would do such a thing.

I am really interested to see how everything plays out.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com