Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Just went to see Tim Burton's vision of this classic. Looked like Batman sets were stolen and more greenery added. Mark Wahlberg sucked. Seen more emotion from my dog. Kris Kristoferson basically has one line..Oweeeee, then he dies. The only good thing I can say about this film is the visual effects are enough to keep you from walking out. I had to wait for the end credits to figure out who Tim Roth was in the movie. Tim Roth did a great job with his part. He was the only one doing any acting in the entire film. Charlton Heston's cameo is a joke too. Insert classic overused western dying seen here. Once again they relied on special effects without any good writing. Oh and the Surprise ending really just made me more pissed off because they areg going to make another one of these idiotic movies. There I'm done.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"Dirty Movies"
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I saw it too...Didn't think much of it. Then again, in all honesty, I didn't think the original is deserving of it's "Cult Status"...

As far as Sci-Fi movies are concerned: I'll take 2001, Star Wars, and Blade Runner over ANY Planet Of the Apes movie any day!
    "Sorry about the mess..."<br /><br />~Han Solo Episode IV

Last Online

01.24.08 @ 09:30 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

The original is one of my favorites. "Get your hands off me, you damn dirty ape!" LOL! Nobody overacts better than Charleton Heston. I want to see Tim Burton's remake, even though I know it could never take the place of the original. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Last Online

09.26.07 @ 02:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lawchick:
    The original is one of my favorites. "Get your hands off me, you damn dirty ape!" LOL! Nobody overacts better than Charleton Heston. I want to see Tim Burton's remake, even though I know it could never take the place of the original. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same with me. There's no way it could beat the original but I still want to see it.
    "It's so damn hot... milk was a bad choice." --Ron Burgundy, Anchorman

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

All
    Favorite VH Song

Many
    Last Online

05.12.06 @ 06:39 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I havent seen either yet, but I'll probably rent the original soon, then see the new one.
    I am awesome

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

"Dance the Night Away"
    Last Online

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

There is a regular pattern with trying to recapture classics. From Popeye, Little Rascals, Mighty Joe Young, Godzilla, Lost in Space, and Planet of the Apes, one thing stays consistent. You cherish the original more and more! I have heard from reliable sources that there are remake adaptations on the big screen or TV for Scooby Doo, Battlestar Gallactica, and Land of the Lost.

On that note, I would like to add that John Carpenter's "The Thing" was better then the original.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 05:32 AM
    Liked 28 Times in 13 Posts

Donor

Everybody's comparing the new movie with the original, like it's a remake. It's not. It's the same premise (astronaut lands on planet ruled by apes) but the similarities pretty much end there. New story, new characters, lots of comedic moments and even an homage or two towards the classic version.

I enjoyed it especially for the special effects and makeup. Rick Baker really outdid himself and is a shoe-in for an Oscar.

As far as acting, Tim Roth made Bonzo the chimp look like the Devil himself. Michael Clark Duncan stood around and growled alot, and I'm really glad Dirk Digler didn't drop his britches again.

But what about that weird ending? I guess they just threw it in there to mess with everyone's head, because it makes no sense at all. [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img]