Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Last Online

09.04.17 @ 05:32 AM
    Liked 62 Times in 32 Posts

The U.N.; the bastion of Globalist and Socialsit thinking. Have they gone to far. Check out these two articles:
    www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,18855,00.html
    www.cato.org/dailys/05-15-99.html
    "Gully, watch yourself. I am dead serious." - Brett Norton, Emperor of VHLinks.com

Baluchitherium
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

this thread needs some help [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
    heard about this on the radio so consider it news:perks

[ May 01, 2001 at 04:52 PM: Message edited by: ANGEL4U ]

I have post dyslexia tonight!!
    [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

[ May 01, 2001 at 05:45 PM: Message edited by: ANGEL4U ]
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<br /><br />God Bless the USA!!!!<br />~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last Online

WOW!! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] Very interesting. Not exactly where I was hoping this thread would go but, what the hell. Why fake nipples? Can't women just wear really shear bras and let things naturally perk up? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/devil.gif[/img]
    "Gully, watch yourself. I am dead serious." - Brett Norton, Emperor of VHLinks.com

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

09.15.15 @ 08:40 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

um, first of all, i agree with VG about the nipples. i don't think fake nipples are the most wonderful invention of the century. :rooleyes:

about the UN articles:
    the first one: i am all for the idea that women should have equal rights as men. i think that in a tolerant society we should understand that. if people believe that women belong barefoot in kitchens all day, that is truly sad. i'm sure that VG doesn't believe that women are only good for keeping the house tidy and putting food on the table.
    at the same time, mothers day should still be celebrated not as a traditional family holiday, but to celebrate mothers (hence the name). not a crazy concept...

the second article: aside from the fact that it looks like it was written by a kid in grade 9 (who did do alot of research, i'll give him that), has some valid points which i blaitantly disagree with. well, not blaitantly, any forced abortion is assault, and should be dealt with. it's just that china os overpopulated as it is, and i don't think that the person who wrote this understands the possibilities of an even more overpopulated world. i know that it sucks to have these limitations placed on them, but the future holds grave possibilities. as far as i know, people are allowed to have more than one child in china, but the government does not "sponsor" the child per se, as in pay for education, health care, and the like.
    i should also mention that the stats at the bottom of the page are somewhat inaccurate.

Last Online

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by laner:

about the UN articles:
    the first one: i am all for the idea that women should have equal rights as men.

Thats not the question being posed. The question(s) is: Does the U.N. have the right to enforce it's brand of morality on the world? Is the U.N. overstepping it's bounds? If anything the U.N. is taking away the rights of women in certain countries.

i think that in a tolerant society we should understand that. if people believe that women belong barefoot in kitchens all day, that is truly sad. i'm sure that VG doesn't believe that women are only good for keeping the house tidy and putting food on the table.

Shit, sounds like a good idea to me. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Now, if only I could find a woman to go along with that train of thought.

at the same time, mothers day should still be celebrated not as a traditional family holiday, but to celebrate mothers (hence the name). not a crazy concept...

Mother's Day was never a traditonal holiday. It was the brain child of the greeting card companies this past century. This is off the subject, though. The question: Does the U.N. have the right to impose it's will, especially concerns of the family, on the world?

the second article: aside from the fact that it looks like it was written by a kid in grade 9 (who did do alot of research, i'll give him that)

Now why do you have to slag on this guys writing? There is absolutely nothing wrong with his writing technique. This guy wrote this article for the Washington Times. It was published by the Washington Times. Thus, his writing style must be ok to pass the scrutiny of a professional editor to be publish in a large, well known newspaper. Please, just because you don't agree with someone's research, don't resort to attacks on their abilities.

, has some valid points which i blaitantly disagree with. well, not blaitantly, any forced abortion is assault, and should be dealt with. it's just that china os overpopulated as it is, and i don't think that the person who wrote this understands the possibilities of an even more overpopulated world.

I think he does know the possibilities. the question is: Does the U.N. have the right to impose it's will, especially concerns of the family, on the world?

i know that it sucks to have these limitations placed on them, but the future holds grave possibilities. as far as i know, people are allowed to have more than one child in china, but the government does not "sponsor" the child per se, as in pay for education, health care, and the like.
    i should also mention that the stats at the bottom of the page are somewhat inaccurate.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok, if the stats are inaccurate, then where is your proof(other stats) to prove them wrong? Don't try to discredit this writer's work and research with an unsubstantiated comment. You may say it's your opinion but at least back it up with facts and/or references. This writer did.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

The day the UN becomes anything but a powerless joke that it is is the day I actually concern myself by thinking about the UN [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
    "Just once I'd like to do the right thing and not get punished for it."

Last Online

Maybe that's what they(U.N.) wants you to think until it's too late... [img]smilies/devil.gif[/img]

[ May 02, 2001 at 08:27 AM: Message edited by: Van Gully ]

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

about the UN articles:
    the first one: i am all for the idea that women should have equal rights as men. i think that in a tolerant society we should understand that. if people believe that women belong barefoot in kitchens all day, that is truly sad. i'm sure that VG doesn't believe that women are only good for keeping the house tidy and putting food on the table.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

laner,

If I didn't know any better, I'd swear your girlfriend/mother was over your shoulder as you wrote this! [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
    LIGHT 'EM UP!! <br />Smoke 'em if you got 'em!<br /><br /><a href="http://vhstrungout.com" target="_blank">StrungOut</a> Administrator<br /><a href="http://ClassicVanHalen.com" target="_blank">ClassicVH</a> / <a href="http://diamonddavidleeroth.com" target="_blank">Diamond Dave</a> Moderator

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

09.15.15 @ 08:40 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

NE169: well think about it. we do have to be tolerant. i'd be the first to admit that women aren't as physically equal as men (we're way stronger, and it's a fact). i know many girls that piss the hell outta me. i get so mad at them i want to beat them over the head with something so they wouldn't say such stupid things. you better believe that most girl's personalities really suck ass. but ethically, they're people right? that's like saying they shouldn't be able to vote. and yes, that was the case back in the day. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

anyway, whether or not mothers day is a traditional holiday or not, i still think that it's a nice way to celebrate mothers. sorry, i guess. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

i slagged on the guys writing because although it was a biased essay, his style was very unprofessional. using words like "I" in a formal style of writing such as one to be published in a newspaper really takes away from the overall effect on the essay. i also felt that if the author took more of an objective approach, he would have been more successful in getting his point across. if i was to submit that essay as a high school social studies assignment, i would have gotten 75 at best. this is because his style was poor, however his content was well developed, with proof. regardless of whether the editor liked it or not, doesn't mean that it was well written. in my city last year, many columnists went on strike because the editor didn't have the same beliefs as the editorialists, and the editors didn't want their work to be published. the newspaper is biased towards right wing elitists and if some staff member didn't have satisfactory writing to suit the political stance of the publisher, too bad. the same deal here. the editor liked what he saw politically, so he gave it the green light. i wasn't slandering his abilities either. i'm sure he has the ability to write an awesome essay. anyone who can write for the washington post must have some kind of talent. that essay really blew though.

anyway, does the UN have the right to enforce it's brand of morality on the world? in some ways i don't see why not. everyone has an opinon, even me. i don't think that they should take abusive action to achieve that however.
    the fact that you even started this thread was because you obviously didn't agree with the UN's stance on women. that's why i took the position that i did.

some of the stats at the bottom of the page i found were inaccurate. this doesn't have to do with the essay, but off the top of my head i can say that there were at least 10 million jews murdered in the holocaust. the chart said 6. some i don't have numbers for, but it caught my eye, that's all.

Baluchitherium
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

[img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Women rule, doncha know???

I shave my legs,
    I sit down to pee.
    And I can justify any,
    shopping spree.

Don't go to a barber,
    but a beauty salon.
    I can get a massage
    without a hard-on.

I can balance the checkbook,
    I can pump my own gas.
    Can talk to my friends,
    about the size of my ass.

My beauty's a masterpiece,
    and yes, it takes long.
    At least I can admit,
    to others when I'm wrong.

I don't drive in circles,
    at any cost.
    And I don't have a problem,
    admitting I'm lost.

I never forget,
    an important date.
    You just gotta deal with it,
    I'm usually late.

I don't watch movies,
    with lots of gore.
    Don't need instant replay,
    to remember the score.

I won't lose my hair,
    I don't get jock itch.
    And just cause I'm assertive,
    Don't call me a bitch.

Don't say to your friends,
    Oh yeah, I can get her.
    In your dreams, my dear,
    I can do better!

Flowers are okay,
    But jewelry's best.
    Would you look at my face,
    Not at my chest!

I don't have a problem,
    With Expressing my feelings.
    I know when you're lying,
    You look at the ceiling.

Don't call me a girl,
    A babe or a chick.
    I am a WOMAN,
    Get it, you prick?!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<br /><br />God Bless the USA!!!!<br />~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

NE169: anyway, whether or not mothers day is a traditional holiday or not, i still think that it's a nice way to celebrate mothers. sorry, i guess. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

anyway, does the UN have the right to enforce it's brand of morality on the world? i don't think that they should take abusive action to achieve that however.
    the fact that you even started this thread was because you obviously didn't agree with the UN's stance on women. that's why i took the position that i did.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

laner, I was just bustin' your balls a bit, trying to inject a little bit of levity in the thread. I wouldn't do it if I couldn't take it.

No need to apologize for your views on Mother's Day. I don't see anything wrong with it either.

As far as the UN & morality goes--that can be a forum unto itself--God knows we get enough political threads here--all I'm gonna say is that I understand why the US has been reluctant to pay debts/dues/whatever to the UN all these years.

Oh shit--I just read the part where you stated that I started the thread. Me & VG have the same lion icon, and we happen to agree on a lot of things, no surprise there, but VG posted this thread.

Between VH- and Stern-related boards, and work (on occasion [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]), there's not much spare time left for me to browse the news sites [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img].

's all good, bro.
    LIGHT 'EM UP!! <br />Smoke 'em if you got 'em!<br /><br /><a href="http://vhstrungout.com" target="_blank">StrungOut</a> Administrator<br /><a href="http://ClassicVanHalen.com" target="_blank">ClassicVH</a> / <a href="http://diamonddavidleeroth.com" target="_blank">Diamond Dave</a> Moderator

Last Online

i slagged on the guys writing because although it was a biased essay, his style was very unprofessional. using words like "I" in a formal style of writing such as one to be published in a newspaper really takes away from the overall effect on the essay.

Not if it's an opinion editorial.

Really??!!?? [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img] What do you think is my opinion on women? Because I don't recall making any statement about women. I think you're missing the boat entirely about why I started this thread. I started this thread because I don't think that the U.N. supports women rights. While for some reason you do. I posed the question: Is the U.N. overstepping their bounds when it comes to the family? I posted two articles on how the U.N. supported abuses towards women. Yet somehow you construed the opinion of the writers of these articles as proponents of anti-women rights, when in fact they are supporting women and their rights.

some of the stats at the bottom of the page i found were inaccurate. this doesn't have to do with the essay, but off the top of my head i can say that there were at least 10 million jews murdered in the holocaust. the chart said 6. some i don't have numbers for, but it caught my eye, that's all.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry boss, every book and/or article I've read always put the Holocaust at around 6 million. Now Stalin, his psycho ass, killed 10 million.

[ May 03, 2001 at 08:45 AM: Message edited by: Van Gully ]

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

A Different Kind of Truth
    Favorite VH Song

As Is
    Last Online

10.09.12 @ 02:50 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I hope you guys who are ripping on the UN are keeping watch for black helicopters [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
    Delusions of eloquence

Last Online

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jonathan:
    I hope you guys who are ripping on the UN are keeping watch for black helicopters [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's not the U.N. with the black helicopters. That's the good ole U.S. of A. It's not so much the helicopters that are dangerous but what they carry inside. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Last Online

The U.N. bastards are fuckin' with the U.S.A. Bad move, you wannabe superpowers. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] Check it out:
    www.cnn.com/2001/US/05/03/us.human/index.html