Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Right Now
    Last Online

05.18.09 @ 11:19 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Well, seeing how the old Dirty Faced Kids thread is probably gonna die after a few more replies (and is so buried no one would want to grab it anyway), I figured I might as well start the next chapter. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

So now I'll shut my trap and let everyone have at it [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
    I'm one of those crazies on your block.

writing

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

09.15.15 @ 08:40 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

yeah, this time DIF's not allowed in, because he's 22 now.
    lets do a roll call...i can't remember very many, but here's who i know of.
    me (almost 18)
    JWS_5150 (17, right?)
    lead synth (18, or 19 yet?)
    dan halen (15)
    Unchained Wolfie (14)

if these ages aren't right, let's fix em. we gotta keep this thread better than we did the last one. [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Right Now
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Yep, 17.

I think UW turned 15, too.

writing

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

cool. i shall fix that.

(due to my not wanting to edit)...
    Unchained Wolfie (15) [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Right Now
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Summer vacation's here...I know one thing's for sure; I've become a slug. LOL. Haven't wanted to do much. Guess I want to relax for the first couple weeks; a good thing.

That, and I've been perched over my email waiting for a girl to write me. Damn, I need my license so I can drive to them...LOL. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

writing

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

dude, i have a while to wait before i'm done school. we're done at the end of june, but then i have to finish a course in august, just the way my timetable worked out. the good part is that once that's done, i'm done for good. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

dude, i was so bad in getting my license. we're allowed to get them when you turn 16, and i didn't get mine till a couple months ago. i turn 18 at the beginning of november. (notice how i wrote almost 18, because i'm anxious to hit the bars, and because alot of my friends are 18 now) that's how lazy i was. oh well, i took care of that. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

fuck, dude, don't wait for your chick to email you. you gotta jump on that. man, i'm so bad at waiting for the right time to talk to chicks. i never get the chance, and the girl that i'm madly in love with is leaving for university next year and the time i have with her is fading fast. we were at our after grad party last week, and i told her i loved her. it slipped out. i was drunk. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
    you what i got in return? she said it back. (she was drunk too) [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
    then i kissed her on the cheek. and boom, i got one back. the moral of the story is to not get drunk and tell people how you feel because when you see each other when you're normal again, people will pretend not to remember. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
    so, i'm SOL again. i still love her though!
    i'm not gonna forget the kiss either.
    call me crazy, but that's what's been going on with me lately, and laner's love situation. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
    i don't really have a point to the story, but i felt like it needed to be told.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Right Now
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Pretty cool story - too bad she's off to uni though, and she won't remember. Oh well, at least you did. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Looks like I'm going to have to "Jump!" (yuk yuk yuk [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]) at this - she's going to be a bit of a Van Halen Conversion Project. I think I can be successful, as well; she hasn't gone hating on Van Halen. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Think I can pull a punk rock person into at least a little VH? I think so. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I should have had my license a year ago...but sometime this month is when it's going to happen, hopefully. 'Bout damn time, I must say. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Your school schedule doesn't seem too bad at all; June will be finished soon, and one more course in August will just top you off. That just rocks. When you're taking that course in August, I'll be likely starting my senior year. [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]

writing

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

hey just because we never talked about it doesn't mean she didn't remember. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] she said she wasn't very drunk, so she most likely did. it's not that though, it's that i'm pretty sure that she doesn't feel the same way about me as i do to her, so it's kinda weird. oh well, everyone else did drunk stupid stuff, so it's all good. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

oh yeah, that conversion will go very smoothly. i've converted a bunch lately. although one got onto sammy stuff before dave, so i'll just make fun of him until he straightens out. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] and then there's the chick that called them "awful". well, you know what happened to her... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
    the school isn't gonna be too bad, but right now is hittin crunch time and i have a lot of stuff to accomplish. in fact, i'm probably one of the few people that wants more time, so i can finish what i need to, and so i can spend more time with that girl. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] i honestly don't know what i'm gonna do with my time next year though. i'm taking everyone's email addresses though, because i'm not gonna let anyone from high school forget about laner (alotta people call me that at school, that's why it was so easy to pick a name when i registered here), the van halen fan. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] many know about my vh love too. in fact, that was the topic of the toast to me at my grad last week. even though i'm not the most well liked person, people know me. oh well, you gotta be your own person. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

where do you live man? aren't you somewhere in the midwest?

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

okay, i'm outta here. i got sleep to get. now i'm thinkin of that girl, so i need some love songs to listen to. i think 5150 will do just fine for an album to play while i go to sleep. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
    later bro. we both gotta keep this thread going. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Right Now
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

I'm in South Carolina, actually. Never lived in the Midwest; always was one for the corners. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I'm gonna try her on Dave-era, first...if all else fails, there is Sammy, who would still work out fine.

Good call on the email addresses - personally, I don't know what I would do if it weren't for email. I'd lose contact with a LOT of people.

People know me for my Van Halen fanship as well...the only guy in our school's recent memory to walk around with a Van Halen t-shirt. It's great [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Good luck with the girl - get as much time in as you can, you'll be glad you did. Keep working hard and get that school over and done with - take crunch time and kick its ass. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Be sure to have a little Fair Warning on in the background, of course. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

writing

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Right Now
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Yep, think I'm out too.

Rock on bro, catch you whenever. [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]

writing

Imperial Fascist Overlord Down In Flames's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

@
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by laner:
    yeah, this time DIF's not allowed in, because he's 22 now. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wa-wa-what? [img]smilies/redface.gif[/img] Ouch!

I remember these guys...

Unchained Wolfie
    NOaverageJOE
    danhalen
    BigBubba
    Top Jimmy84
    JWS_5150
    laner
    evhfan316
    Edeble Ed
    Lead Synth
    Red-Balled Mammoth
    Vic Vega
    crossing over
    redfire
    crashnjump
    bizzatch
    SwissHalen
    Icecream-man
    Aquatic Punk
    WesIsOnFire

and...

DIF (Eternally six years old )

You think you're getting rid of me? Just you wait...

Mr. Cochran's gonna be all over this one!

"If he ain't got a cane,
    Then dammit, don't complain!"

Ageism!! Ageism!!!

Elderly people can contribute!! [img]smilies/cry.gif[/img]

[ June 05, 2001 at 02:39 AM: Message edited by: Down In Flames ]
    http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/images/avatars/michael3.jpg

"You are the McCarthy of this board. The witch burner." - strungout, on yours truly

"Only Eddymon would claim victory during a FOUR game losing streak." - OLO

"Did I not say, 'I think we should shoot him!' I did. Double rainbow on this end. I require a high five. Out."- track 5, on the delicate art of banning

"If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire..."

Last Online

09.26.07 @ 02:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I've only got two more weeks of school.

Tomorrow I'm going to bring Van Halen I to school to let a friend listen to, so it'll be my first Van Halen conversion project in a while. I got my younger cousin to buy 1984 a few years ago because he liked Jump. Maybe I'll buy Fair Warning for him this Christmas just to give him a reminder about them. =VH=

My luck with the girls hasn't been too good, anyone got any tips?? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Hopefully I'll get my license next August, so during the summer I'm going to be practicing driving a lot.

Nice to see this [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img] thread back.
    "It's so damn hot... milk was a bad choice." --Ron Burgundy, Anchorman

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Right Now
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Hey Dan, yep, it's good to see this thread back. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Good luck on the conversion project - should work out quite well, VHI is an awesome album. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

As for tips on girls...uhh...I can tell you what NOT to do! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

BTW - DIF, I'm sure a settlement can be arranged so you can get in on this thread again. Maybe you could be the official Dirty Faced Mentor or something...we'll throw around some ideas. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

writing

Last Online

09.26.07 @ 02:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Just thought Id bring this one back to the top. Well, today I brought Van Halen's mighty debut album to school and gave it to my friend. He said that if he likes it he's going to make a copy of it. So I said, "You're going to like it." [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
    "It's so damn hot... milk was a bad choice." --Ron Burgundy, Anchorman