Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

All 7 of them!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

11.30.16 @ 02:56 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

RAW tonight saw the return of one of the greatest WWE (formerly WWF) wrestlers of all time,

THE HEARTBREAK KID, SHAWN MICHEALS!

nWo leader Kevin Nash came out to give a major announcement that was going to shake the foundation of the WWE! A new nWo member---then HBK's familiar "Sexy Boy" music theme plays and out he comes in all his glory, now sporting an nWo shirt!!

HBK played the crowd like only he can. He and Nash posed for the crowd and then they cut to commercial.

Micheals hasn't wrestled since 1998 because of a serious back injury.
    Since then he was once the 'Commissioner' in late 1998-99 and then disapeared for a year, came back and was a special guest referee in a match between triple H and the Rock in 2000.

Since then, he hasn't been seen.

The question still remains is just how 'back' is HBK. It seemed as though he could no longer wrestle because of an ailing back.

Great to see him return to the WWE.

[ June 03, 2002, 08:38 PM: Message edited by: Vinnie Velvet ]
    EUAS

www.rotharmy.com

*VV*
    ole No.1
    The finest.

"The Showstoppa!!"

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

All
    Favorite VH Song

Many
    Last Online

05.12.06 @ 06:39 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

This will make me start watchin wrestlin again! HBK is great! Rock on!
    I am awesome

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

Bottoms Up
    Last Online

01.23.09 @ 11:26 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I have to think HBK is back more for "show" then for "go". As I recall, his back is pretty messed up
    Plstrcast everywhere else, Smudge NYC here.. so kiss my arse!<br /><br /><a href="http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/smudgenyc" target="_blank">http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/smudgenyc</a>

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Still, seeing him cut promos and serve in a non-wrestling (no bumps required) form will definitely help pick things up for the nWo (assuming they friggin' let them win big matches, get rid of Booker T and turn him face, and SHUT X-PAC UP!!!).
    "Just once I'd like to do the right thing and not get punished for it."

Favorite VH Album

All 7 of them!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Well, his presence alone will certainly help the nWo since they haven't been much of an "impact" since Hogan went face and left.

But I noticed something when HBK was doing his thing and dancing and posing as he came into the ring.

He had that fire again. That "HBK" style and spreading his arms out and then the famnous flexing pose. It seemed as though he was back in a wresting role.

But that certainly remains to be seen. I don't think Nash would've wanted HBK to join the nWo and not wrestle. I'm sure Vince only would want HBK to return if he was able to wrestle some matches.
    Nash currently is recovering from a bicep injury.

Micheals certainly looked to be in great shape and just "seemed" like he could wrestle again.

Maybe we'll see him wrestle a match or two and see how he feels. This isn't 1997 anymore when the WWE was short on big name main eventers as HBK was carrying the load in terms of matches. The roster split will benefit him as well so that he doesn't have to wrestle on both shows.

All in all, great to see 'The SHOW-STOPPA'!! Back.
    EUAS

www.rotharmy.com

*VV*
    ole No.1
    The finest.

"The Showstoppa!!"

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

08.27.15 @ 02:07 AM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

I picked the wrong night to skip RAW. [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img]

Well, I hope HBK has what it takes to revive a dead and floundering nWo angle. First thing to do is dump off Booker T...and I mean lose him from the WWE! He is dead weight and has no "character" that even halfway translates to entertaining.

WWE is in such shambles right now. First they drag Hogan thru the halls behind a Harley then they get a jobber like Booker T involved with the nWo. Oh yeah...and people actually listen to what Sean Waltman has to say! [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img] HE'S A PUNK AND SHOULD'VE BEEN LEFT IN ENGLAND!!
    "Once the final BAN has been completed I will ban myself." -OLO, March 21, 2002
    "The price of the steak sandwich over there is ridiculous!!" -Glenn, March 3, 2003
    "Hang on, I'll go ask everybody and be right back." -seenbad, March 11, 2003

Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

07.07.13 @ 04:40 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I don't know...I was as pumped as everyone else...but I don't know how well it went over.

1. Can anyone see Shawn Michaels sitting as an underling to Kevin Nash? Can anyone see where this is heading? This had to be in the hoppers for the past few weeks with the Michaels interview. I'm guessing he got cleared to wrestle.

2. Can the guy wrestle long term? He's wrestled in the past four years on two occasions in the wrestling fed that he started in Texas. He's always said he could do one shot, but that's it. Of course...four years off can do wonders for your back.

3. Who does he feud with?

4. How long before He falls out with the NWO in favor of a revamped DX?
    EUAS

"I remember those days at the Links when everything you posted on EUAS was like the fucking communist manifesto"--ICON--2002

Favorite VH Album

All 7 of them!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by POJO_Risin:
    I don't know...I was as pumped as everyone else...but I don't know how well it went over.

1. Can anyone see Shawn Michaels sitting as an underling to Kevin Nash? Can anyone see where this is heading? This had to be in the hoppers for the past few weeks with the Michaels interview. I'm guessing he got cleared to wrestle.

2. Can the guy wrestle long term? He's wrestled in the past four years on two occasions in the wrestling fed that he started in Texas. He's always said he could do one shot, but that's it. Of course...four years off can do wonders for your back.

3. Who does he feud with?

4. How long before He falls out with the NWO in favor of a revamped DX?
    My guess is that we won't see him wrestle right away and I'm not sure if he's actually 'cleared' to wrestle full-time. It may take one hard bump on his back to put him on the sidelines again.

As for a feud, I think we won't see him getting in a feud with someone right away since that would mean he'd have to wrestle right away.

I see him coming with Nash and giving some super-kicks here and there. Until HBK thinks he's ready to dance in the ring again, I don't see a major feud heating up with anyone immediately.

I do see an nWo vs 4-horseman (Flair) feud with the nWo as the face faction.

Nash bringing in HBK is an indication that he wants to take over RAW from Flair.

So once Flair's feud with Austin is done (since it has been a dud), I think the nWo thing will start.
    EUAS

www.rotharmy.com

*VV*
    ole No.1
    The finest.

"The Showstoppa!!"

Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I don't know...you don't think the horseman are going to come back?

Who?

Flair...Benoit...certainly not Eddy Guerrero...and who else?

Rob Van Dam perhaps?

I would dig seeing that kind of feud...but we shall see...

Obviously...even if Michaels was cleared to wrestle...and we don't know that he even is...it would take him months to train back into wrestling shape...

I even doubt the superkicks...that's what helped put him on the shelf to begin with...
    EUAS

"I remember those days at the Links when everything you posted on EUAS was like the fucking communist manifesto"--ICON--2002

Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Let's also not forget that Michaels last match was against Steve Austin...

and a feud with the Undertaker right before that led to the injury...which was amplified by a superkick against Austin...

There could be a feud there in the works...
    EUAS

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Runaround
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:01 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Originally posted by POJO_Risin:
    This had to be in the hoppers for the past few weeks with the Michaels interview. I'm guessing he got cleared to wrestle.
    I was shocked when he came out to the ring last night! Now that I think about it they were probobly using that interview to to introduce him to the newer fans because the WWF didn't really take off till Austin was champion the first time and Micheals was already gone by that point.

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

08.27.15 @ 02:07 AM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

Honestly, I hope they DON'T bring back "the Four Horsemen", in so much as name. A collective "stable" is fine with me, but don't screw with the mystique and legend that IS "the Four Horsemen".

The majority of wrestling fans probably don't even know what "TFH" were and how big they used to be. Ole & Arn, Tully & Ric...those were the days. Then they started messin' it up with Barry Windham and Lex Stupor! [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img]

Who else tarnished that 4H image? I DID like Benoit as the Wolverine, but Mongo was a complete joke! I don't know who screwed up a stable more...Mongo as a Horsemen, Duth-tay Rhodes as a Road Warrior or Tugboat on Hogan's team in one of the original "Survivor Series".

Anyway, back to HBK...a quick heel turn into a reformed DX with Triple H (I know it'll never happen but it'd be cool to dream, eh?) then have them square off against what's left of the nWo / Horsemen would rock.

Now if only they could go back in time and never have let Brett Hart leave for WCW, we'd have gotten a way cool bad-boy Hart Foundation w/Brett, DBS, Pillman and Owen...THAT was a cool stable. Too bad "Death" had his finger on that group though.
    "Once the final BAN has been completed I will ban myself." -OLO, March 21, 2002
    "The price of the steak sandwich over there is ridiculous!!" -Glenn, March 3, 2003
    "Hang on, I'll go ask everybody and be right back." -seenbad, March 11, 2003

Favorite VH Album

All 7 of them!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

But he looked better than he has ever since he stopped wrestling.

The 'arms' were there.

You could tell HBK has been working out. He looked like crap back in May 2000 when he guest refereed the match between Rock and HHH, gut and no muscles. Clearly, you could tell he wasn't trying to make a comeback to wrestle.

Yesterday was a different story. He had that 'attitude' and fire going when he came in the ring. And the pysique was good.

We shall see when Micheals cuts his promo next Monday on RAW!
    EUAS

www.rotharmy.com

*VV*
    ole No.1
    The finest.

"The Showstoppa!!"

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The nWo just ain't what it used to be. They should have kicked X-Pac out and put Goldust in.
    "There's a time and place for everything- for everyone."

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Can\'t pick just one
    Last Online

08.20.08 @ 02:53 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, and Hulk Hogan were the nucleus of the NWO. All the other "mid-carders" that WCW added in later were nothing more than filler. With Hogan going face, and Hall going home, there really is no more NWO. I'd like to see Nash reprise his role as "Big Daddy Cool". The first thing he could do is take that wannabe, Test, to school.
    Jim Bailes