Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Last Online

10.29.09 @ 12:50 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

This is a good read, and a lot of these things I was unaware of being a Sox fan.

If you like the "Lovable Losers", then this is for you! HEHE

http://whitesoxinteractive.com/Beatt...leySecrets.htm
    CHICAGO WHITE SOX - 2005 WORLD CHAMPIONS

The Chicago White Sox (1901-present) - The Original SOX - Proof

The Boston Americans (1901)
    The Boston Somersets (1902)
    The Boston Pilgrims (1903-1906)
    The Boston Red Sox (1907-present) - Proof

The Pilgrims/Americans/Somersets whatever you want to call them, have NEVER displayed "SOX" anywhere on their caps, jerseys, or merchandise, therefore they shouldn't be referred to as such. However, the White Sox have used "SOX" since 1912.

The SOX are in Chicago...we just allow the Pilgrims/Americans/Somersets to use the name.

2007 Fantasy Football Champion

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

This is hilarious, and so true! I've been looking for a site like this forever!

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/r...egory=3&id=953

The Pilgrims/Americans/Somersets whatever you want to call them, have NEVER displayed "SOX" anywhere on their caps, jerseys, or merchandise, therefore they shouldn't be referred to as such. However, the White Sox have used "SOX" since 1912.

The SOX are in Chicago...we just allow the Pilgrims/Americans/Somersets to use the name.

Favorite VH Album

1984, Balance, Van Halen, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mike on SGMAD, Baluchetherium
    Last Online

02.12.07 @ 03:44 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

That's some pretty funny stuff. Good article. And I always thought they threw the ball back, shows how gullible some of us baseball fans can be. [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img]
    How to make a “Mad Anthony”

2 oz Cabo WaboŽ Tequila
    1 oz Spicy V8
    Juice from a fresh Lime
    A generous dollop of Mad Anthony’s Hot Sauce
    Combine in a shaker full of ice and shake it up
    Pour into shot glass garnished with
    a dab of salt
    a small slice of lime
    a slice of Serrano or Jalapeno chili pepper

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Nah, as rare as it is to catch a ball at a game, who is gonna throw it back?

I guess you have to be a Chicago baseball fan to know it.

BTW, Cubs fans still think that calling Comiskey Park is a shithole is some sort of insult. HA!

We care about winning. The stadium is nothing more than a material thing. Old Comiskey had the reputation that Wrigley has now. But I would trade the best stadium in the world, to win the world series. When you lose so fuckin much, you'll do it. You think a Cubs fan is willing to trade in Wrigley Field for a world series winner?

Think about it....

Last Online

12.03.17 @ 09:00 PM
    Liked 537 Times in 291 Posts

Premium Member
    Damn Pabs. That's a low blow to us Cubs fans. I see you pulled your shit from sort of Sox propaganda film they showed you in HikeSchool. LOL. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Out.
    Quin-a-se-i-co

You're a dick for putting ian on "ignore" DIF

"You stupid fuck!" Seen

"Well if you saw it, stats and scientific studies be damned!" Lovemachine 97 v. 2.

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

What is "HikeSchool"??

You live in a Texas and you're a Cubs fan? Shame on you.

[ January 16, 2003, 09:34 PM: Message edited by: Pabs ]

Last Online

12.03.17 @ 09:00 PM
    Liked 537 Times in 291 Posts

Premium Member
    Hell yeah I'm a Cubs fan. Rangers first, Cubs second. I can't wait till I make it up to Chicago at least once to watch a Cubs game before I die.

The Hikeschool thing is a local joke that we say almost everyday here. No big deal. Out.
    Quin-a-se-i-co

You're a dick for putting ian on "ignore" DIF

"You stupid fuck!" Seen

"Well if you saw it, stats and scientific studies be damned!" Lovemachine 97 v. 2.

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I've been livin on the South Side for five years, and I've been to a number of Sox games. They ain't all that great. Sox v. Cubs can be fun if you like politics or boxing, especially at Comiskey.

I'd like to see either of these teams win a fucking postseason series before I leave this joint.

FYI the biggest secrets are ones this article fails to address. It's at least an hour into the game from downtown unless you get there before BP starts. Once you get there, you got a crowd of people bottling up the entrance taking pictures with the Harry Caray statue, the ivy, the fucking fire hydrant, the vagrants, or anything else that aint fenced off. If you're the poor sod who bought bleacher seats, I hope you got something to do for an hour because its inevitable that a millon fags somehow got in there before BP and are clogging up the seats.

The beer is dog piss. After what feels like a few days of "first" pitches from guys like the CEO of Southwest Airlines, some actor's kid, and some jagoff who bought a used Cadillac from a guy named Don, the game starts. People are still filling in for the first few innings (for some reason they didnt realize it takes more than a half hour to get here from Joliet). You can't see the fuckin game cause you got a million people milling about, sitting down, getting up, fuckin around, talkin on the cell phone, readin the newspaper, trying to figure out what inning Oprah is going to sing "root for the cubbies" (yes I have actually heard someone refer to it as that). Even if all that shit wasn't going on you'd never figure out what the hell IS going on cause the sight lines from first to third are total shit. The bleachers are worse unless you got binoculars, and that's if you aren't stuck sitting behind a bunch of fucking teenage girls on cell phones.

By the time Oprah sings the Cubs are usually on pitcher #6. Of course they lose. You paid $40 to watch the guy in front of you talk to his buddies on the cell for six innings, you can't ask em to win too. Bleachers? You paid $20 to sit on a fucking steel bench drenched in piss, beer, and vomit for seven, maybe eight innings. After all, before the latest media campaign cranked into high gear these seats cost the average person six fucking dollars. It takes a lot more than winning baseball games to convince people the seats are worth triple what the cost ten years ago. You think the Trib is going to pay for players? They don't fucking have to! No one in this shithole is watching the game anyway. They have the "tradition" and the "friendly confines" to keep them entertained. Peanuts anyone?

You can't go to a bar after the game because the friggin places are loaded with yuppies in Cubs jerseys with the price tag still hanging off who can't tell you if Sammy Sosa plays outfield or is "one of those guys that throws the ball". Besides, the locals made enough money off of your sorry ass on the way in, now they want you out of their cozy little neighborhood, because after all, even though there was this huge fucking stadium across the street, these people never expected that there might be a few more people wandering around than usual during the baseball season. It's two hours out of this hole, unless it's a night game, then it's four.

With all this said, I'd still like to see the Cubs win more than sixty games before I die.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

09.15.15 @ 08:40 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

never been to chicago in my life, but that was a very entertaining post. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 05:35 PM
    Liked 1,350 Times in 926 Posts

Gotta say, though, that ec_anarchy's post could describe just about any place anymore. I don't know why people bother to go to stuff any more - ball games, movies, concerts - seems all they do is everything but watch the game/show. We've totally lost our attention span.
    Now, what was this thread about again...

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by ec_anarchy:
    I've been livin on the South Side for five years, and I've been to a number of Sox games. They ain't all that great. Sox v. Cubs can be fun if you like politics or boxing, especially at Comiskey.

I'd like to see either of these teams win a fucking postseason series before I leave this joint.

FYI the biggest secrets are ones this article fails to address. It's at least an hour into the game from downtown unless you get there before BP starts. Once you get there, you got a crowd of people bottling up the entrance taking pictures with the Harry Caray statue, the ivy, the fucking fire hydrant, the vagrants, or anything else that aint fenced off. If you're the poor sod who bought bleacher seats, I hope you got something to do for an hour because its inevitable that a millon fags somehow got in there before BP and are clogging up the seats.

The beer is dog piss. After what feels like a few days of "first" pitches from guys like the CEO of Southwest Airlines, some actor's kid, and some jagoff who bought a used Cadillac from a guy named Don, the game starts. People are still filling in for the first few innings (for some reason they didnt realize it takes more than a half hour to get here from Joliet). You can't see the fuckin game cause you got a million people milling about, sitting down, getting up, fuckin around, talkin on the cell phone, readin the newspaper, trying to figure out what inning Oprah is going to sing "root for the cubbies" (yes I have actually heard someone refer to it as that). Even if all that shit wasn't going on you'd never figure out what the hell IS going on cause the sight lines from first to third are total shit. The bleachers are worse unless you got binoculars, and that's if you aren't stuck sitting behind a bunch of fucking teenage girls on cell phones.

By the time Oprah sings the Cubs are usually on pitcher #6. Of course they lose. You paid $40 to watch the guy in front of you talk to his buddies on the cell for six innings, you can't ask em to win too. Bleachers? You paid $20 to sit on a fucking steel bench drenched in piss, beer, and vomit for seven, maybe eight innings. After all, before the latest media campaign cranked into high gear these seats cost the average person six fucking dollars. It takes a lot more than winning baseball games to convince people the seats are worth triple what the cost ten years ago. You think the Trib is going to pay for players? They don't fucking have to! No one in this shithole is watching the game anyway. They have the "tradition" and the "friendly confines" to keep them entertained. Peanuts anyone?

You can't go to a bar after the game because the friggin places are loaded with yuppies in Cubs jerseys with the price tag still hanging off who can't tell you if Sammy Sosa plays outfield or is "one of those guys that throws the ball". Besides, the locals made enough money off of your sorry ass on the way in, now they want you out of their cozy little neighborhood, because after all, even though there was this huge fucking stadium across the street, these people never expected that there might be a few more people wandering around than usual during the baseball season. It's two hours out of this hole, unless it's a night game, then it's four.

With all this said, I'd still like to see the Cubs win more than sixty games before I die.
    This post was brilliant. I'm going to show this to George (the guy who wrote the article).