Register
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Last Online

10.22.09 @ 11:47 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Jack Black & Will Ferrell are Motorcycle Cops
    Thursday, February 27, 2003 11:56 CST

Jack Black and Will Ferrell have sold an untitled comedy pitch to New Line Cinema that centers on Los Angeles motorcycle cops, reports Variety. Black and Ferrell will star in the film, with Judd Apatow (TV's Freaks and Geeks) writing the script and making his feature-directing bow.

Ferrell will portray a cop who moves to Los Angeles because there's no crime in Irvine. He partners with Black, who's the youngest in a long line of cops but is unsuited to join the family business.

"Jack, Will and I are old friends," Apatow said. "We've been looking for an opportunity to collaborate on a project, and this idea really makes us laugh. The idea of getting these two comedians to work as a team has always been very exciting to me."

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Guillermo del Toro Helming Wind in the Willows
    Thursday, February 27, 2003 11:46 CST

Guillermo del Toro (Blade II has signed on to write and is attached to direct a new live-action and CGI feature version of The Wind in the Willows for Disney, reports Variety. del Toro will pen "Willows" with Matthew Robbins, with whom he collaborated on his 1997 horror film Mimic.

The production's budget is expected to be extensive, considering the amount of special effects the project will require. The film's talking animals will likely be computer-generated. Del Toro had been involved with supervising development prior to committing to write and direct.

del Toro is in production on his long-in-the-works pet project Hellboy for a 2004 release and is also writing the epic horror pic At the Mountains of Madness for DreamWorks, based on the H.P. Lovecraft novel, which he will also direct.

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Having already frozen hell with their 1994 reunion, the Eagles are lining up another string of tour dates cheekily tagged as the Farewell I Tour, perhaps a barb at the endless farewell outings undertaken by other Seventies classic rock acts. The outing is scheduled to launch on May 16th in Sunrise, Florida, with only nine dates set so far.
    The tour will be the Eagles' second since the departure of Don Felder, who was dismissed from the band in 2001 after serving since 1974. The current lineup includes original Eagles Don Henley and Glenn Frey, along with Joe Walsh, who joined in 1976, and Timothy B. Schmit, who joined a year later. In-fighting amongst members and blossoming solo careers kept the group dormant from 1980 until 1994, when the members buried the hatchet for the Hell Freezes Over Tour, which yielded a live album featuring four new songs.

The Eagles have also been working on a new studio album, but as the tour is expected to run through year's end, it isn't likely to be released in 2003. The band's last album of all-new songs was The Long Run, twenty-four years ago.

The band has teamed with Yahoo to offer fan club members first crack at tickets, available through a yahoo.com pre-sale until March 10th.

Eagles tour dates:

5/16: Sunrise, FL, Office Depot Center
    5/19: Atlanta, Philips Arena
    6/9: San Antonio, SBC Arena
    6/16: Houston, Compaq Center
    6/19-20: Dallas, American Airlines Arena
    7/8: Philadelphia, First Union Center
    7/15-16: Boston, Fleet Center

ANDREW DANSBY
    (February 27, 2003)

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Coming Attractions is reporting that "Hulk" star Lou Ferringo may be playing the body of Vader in the forthcoming "Star Wars Episode 3". George Lucas and Ferringo spent some time in England over the holdays last year to discuss the job, which would only involve doubling his body - not using his fine acting talent.

Good Enough
    Last Online

06.29.07 @ 03:57 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by FH:
    Coming Attractions is reporting that "Hulk" star Lou Ferringo may be playing the body of Vader in the forthcoming "Star Wars Episode 3".
    I guess David Prowse is to old to strap the cape on again.....
    From 3-13 to 10-6 and NFC South Champs.....go Saints!

My Hurricane Katrina pics

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Bob Gale to Adapt CrossGen's Meridian
    Friday, February 28, 2003 7:28 CST

The Hollywood Reporter has an update on CrossGen's Meridian adaptation...

Florida-based CrossGeneration Comics is looking to bring its monthly comic book series and graphic novel "Meridian" to the big screen as a computer-animated feature and has tapped screenwriter Bob Gale to adapt the material. "Meridian" centers on Sephie, a sheltered young girl and beloved only child of the Minister of Meridian who grows up in a world where enormous islands float through the sky. When her father dies, she inherits a sigil imbued with the power to create, but so does her wicked Uncle Ilahn, except that his powers are bent on destruction and domination. Suddenly, Sephie finds herself at the center of a power struggle. When she is kidnapped and taken to the city of Cadador, Sephie's journey home to Meridian puts her in the path of many people, good and bad, who help her grow up and counter Ilahn's plans to take over the world.

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Originally posted by Dennis:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by FH:
    Coming Attractions is reporting that "Hulk" star Lou Ferringo may be playing the body of Vader in the forthcoming "Star Wars Episode 3".
    I guess David Prowse is to old to strap the cape on again..... </font>[/QUOTE]I think I remember reading where Prowse is suffering with some kind of ailment and can barely walk as it is. I might be wrong. Maybe VV can shed some light on the matter, being the huge SW-Geek that he is!

Good Enough
    Last Online

06.29.07 @ 03:57 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by FH:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Dennis:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by FH:
    I guess David Prowse is to old to strap the cape on again..... </font>[/QUOTE]I think I remember reading where Prowse is suffering with some kind of ailment and can barely walk as it is. I might be wrong. Maybe VV can shed some light on the matter, being the huge SW-Geek that he is! </font>[/QUOTE]That blows. I didn't know the man in black was sick. Here's to him recovering. Ferringo would definitely fill his shoes nicely....
    From 3-13 to 10-6 and NFC South Champs.....go Saints!

My Hurricane Katrina pics

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Meyer and Hewitt in Fox's Garfield
    Friday, February 28, 2003 7:36 CST

The Hollywood Reporter says that Breckin Meyer is in talks to star as Jon Arbuckle, the perpetually single owner of Garfield the cat in the long-running comic strip, in 20th Century Fox's big-screen live-action/CGI adaptation of Garfield, with Jennifer Love Hewitt finalizing a deal to play his love interest. Peter Hewitt is directing the project. A March start date is being planned.

The comic strip centers on a rotund orange- and black-striped cat named Garfield, his dull-witted canine cohort Odie and owner Arbuckle. The 27-pound feline, first published in 1978, is known for his laziness, wry remarks and love of lasagna.

The script, written by Toy Story scribes Joel Cohen and Alec Sokolow, focuses on the rivalry between Garfield and Odie. The feature is live-action, with a computer-generated Garfield.

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

A lawyer for Great White frontman Jack Russell said the singer is asking for immunity from prosecution before agreeing to testify to a grand jury investigating last week's tragic nightclub fire in Rhode Island. "We'll be there [Friday]," attorney Neil Philbin, who represents Russell, said. "What happens next remains to be determined."

A grand jury investigating the fire at the Station in West Warwick -- the fourth-deadliest nightclub fire in U.S. history -- met Wednesday at a National Guard compound but no one has yet testified, sources said. Talks among lawyers took place yesterday (Feb. 27), and the grand jury was expected to reconvene today to continue its review to decide if criminal charges should be issued. Great White had just begun playing when flames broke out in the club.

Meanwhile, Gov. Don Carcieri said the death toll from the Feb. 20 fire had dropped by one, to 96, and that all the victims had been identified. The final count was determined after the medical examiner finished examining all the remains; the discrepancy came as investigators were identifying body parts. About 60 people remained hospitalized, including 36 in critical condition.

Fire investigators believe the shower of sparks from the pyrotechnic display ignited soundproofing behind the stage, sending flames through the one-story wooden building.

Those connected with the band maintain they had the nightclub's permission to set off the display, something the club's owners deny. Attorney Thomas Briody said when his client, Great White tour manager Daniel Biechele, met with a "high-ranking club representative" a week before the show, the Station told him the club wanted pyrotechnics.

"Any suggestion that Great White did not have permission to display pyrotechnics is simply false," Briody said.

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

NIRVANA Producer: More Outtakes Left - Mar. 2, 2003

GARBAGE drummer Butch Vig, who produced NIRVANA's classic album "Nevermind", recently told Launch that he was glad the defunct Seattle group's recent single, "You Know You're Right", has finally been made available to the public.

"It's a great song. I mean, the first time I heard it, a chill went down my neck. It's like, I heard Kurt's voice again and, I miss him. I mean, he'd still be making great music if he was out here," Vig said of the Scott Litt-produced track. "It's a shame that there's...that's like, maybe, the last great track. There's still a few raw things that I know haven't come out yet. But there's not a lot of stuff left out there that is as good as that. So I think it's great. You know, I worked on that boxed set that got put on the table and there's some really cool stuff on that — a lot of weird outtakes, some jams, and some acoustic demos — and I hope that comes out sometime in the near future."

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

NEWS - Duff McKagan Talks About Axl's Current Guns N' Roses Lineup
    03/02/2003

(3/2/03, 2 p.m. ET) -- Former Guns N' Roses bassist Duff McKagan has rejoined with guitarist Slash, drummer Matt Sorum, and guitarist Izzy Stradlin to form a band that's basically back together except for singer Axl Rose.

The enigmatic frontman continues on with a current Guns N' Roses lineup consisting of guitarist Robin Finck, bassist Tommy Stinson, guitarist Richard Fortus, guitarist Buckethead, and drummer Brian "Brain" Mantia. The only current member that was around playing with the old band is keyboardist Dizzy Reed.

McKagan was asked his thoughts on the current Guns N' Roses--and Sorum added his two cents. "It's not Guns N' Roses, you know? [Axl] should have probably done his own solo record," said McKagan. "In saying that, also, I do wish him the best. We went through a lot together and I still have a lot of love for the guy. It's a shame that there's a...he's doing a lot to...there's a lot of bitterness..."

"Does Paul McCartney go around calling himself 'the Beatles'?" interjected Sorum. When McKagan answered no, Sorum retorted, "There you go."

"But he's doing what he thinks is the right thing," McKagan continued. "You can't fault a guy for that, but it's not Guns N' Roses."

Guns N' Roses are currently completing their forthcoming album, Chinese Democracy, which the band attempted to tour on late last year. Meanwhile, the rest of the former members--whose band name is under wraps--are looking for a singer. The band has more than 50 songs written and is planning to release an album and then tour.

-- Darren Davis, New York

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

X2 Novelization Already Available in Stores
    Sunday, March 2, 2003 9:03 CST

Hey Hypsters,

Just a heads up that the X2 movie novelization, by Chris Claremont, is already hitting stores. Local Wal-Marts in Houston, Texas have already received a shipment and have it on shelves for you to buy. If you're interested in reading the movie two months ahead of time, then check your local stores. If you'd rather stay clear of any spoilers, then stay far away from this book!

The novelization is also available at Amazon.com in case your area won't be getting copies this week.

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

NIKKI SIXX To VINCE NEIL: 'Have Some Class' - Mar. 3, 2003

MÖTLEY CRÜE/BRIDES OF DESTRUCTION bassist Nikki Sixx has slammed CRÜE vocalist Vince Neil over the latter's overwhelming reliance on CRÜE material when putting together the set list for his solo performances.

"I'm embarrassed that CRÜE members tour and don't stand on there [sic] own musically," Sixx wrote in the "Rock'n'Roll Diary" section of CRÜE's official web site. "I support playing a couple songs, but for god's sake.. try to have some kinda of class and not play 99% MÖTLEY music...someday there just may be a CRÜE tour...isn't that what that's for?"

On the BRIDES front, Sixx wrote, "[We're] speaking with some major acts about having us support, we're close to making a decision. We would have to tour without our album being finished, which is fine with us.

"Music&gt;&gt; We have a nice selection of music mixed and pressed...of course there demos...and looks like a lot of them wont make the record...so we may make them available at www.bridesofdestruction.com.

"Reh.&gt;&gt;&gt; we (BRIDES) go back in tomorrow to turn up the heat...probably play a few gigs around l a to try out the new stuff.

"I signed with Regan Books for my diaries from 86-87. Expect that late 03 early 04."

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

POISON, VINCE NEIL, SKID ROW To Team Up For U.S. Tour - Mar. 3, 2003

POISON, VINCE NEIL and SKID ROW will team up for a two-month U.S. tour beginning in May. Exact dates and venues will be announced soon.

In related news, SKID ROW have released the following statement regarding the GREAT WHITE concert tragedy in Rhode Island that has claimed the lives of nearly 100 people:

"Words cannot describe our sorrow for the families and friends of the 97 who lost their lives at The Station in Rhode Island. As well, our thoughts and prayers are with the survivors who are fighting bravely in New England hospitals. We would like to send our heart felt condolences to everyone involved.

"Since the tragedy In Rhode Island we have received a large amount of e-mail from concerned fans. There were two questions that came up in most of them. The first was: Is the club tour going on as scheduled? The answer is yes. Even though we are having a hard time processing this horrible ordeal, we must continue doing what we do. The second and most important question was: Do you use pyro in your show? No, we do not. There is not much more we can say on the subject without sounding opinionated. We hope this puts everyone at ease during these tough times."