Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Last Online

03.29.06 @ 01:41 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

49ers hire Dennis Erickson
    I'm not a 49ers fan, so I really don't care who they hire, but what has Dennis Erickson ever done in the NFL?
    "You guys never forced your babysitter to put her dirty feet all over your back-bottom while you handled up onto a tattered quilt?" - Fake Greggo
    "I like to put peaches in my panties and dance around until my knees bleed, Chuck." - Fake Billy Tubbs

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Streets
    Last Online

01.11.12 @ 06:57 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

WHAT?!?!?!? holy shit...there's a shocker...he wasn't even mentioned among serious candidates was he? jeez...i need to spend more time on the internet
    Gozer the Traveller will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldronaii the Traveller came as a very large and moving Torb. Then of course in the third reconciliation of the last of the Meketrex supplicants they chose a new form for him, that of a Sloar. Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you.
    -Lewis Tully in Ghostbusters

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hit the ground runnin'
    Last Online

06.03.10 @ 11:18 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

The 49ers organization are a bunch of morons. One would think that if they were to fire a good coach like Mooch that they must have a plan to bring in a better coach. So, they can Mooch's ass and absolutely no one is interested in the job. Even several college coaches turned the job down. They said that Mooch couldn't get them to the next level. Well, how in the hell to they figure some no name with no professional football coaching experience is going to do any better? It doesn't matter to me anyway, I hate The 49ers.
    EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

"Please don't take my teddy bear... Please!!!" - diamondsgirl's Oscar nominated dramatic scene for best actress of 2007

"and by Van Halen, I mean David Lee Roth" - diamondsgirl on Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hit the ground runnin'
    Last Online

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Oops, Erickson does have NFL experience. [img]graemlins/drunk.gif[/img] Who can forget those championship seasons that he had with The Seattle Seahawks before Holmgren got there?
    EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

"Please don't take my teddy bear... Please!!!" - diamondsgirl's Oscar nominated dramatic scene for best actress of 2007

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Streets
    Last Online

01.11.12 @ 06:57 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Ou812max:
    The 49ers organization are a bunch of morons. One would think that if they were to fire a good coach like Mooch that they must have a plan to bring in a better coach. So, they can Mooch's ass and absolutely no one is interested in the job. Even several college coaches turned the job down. They said that Mooch couldn't get them to the next level. Well, how in the hell to they figure some no name with no professional football coaching experience is going to do any better? It doesn't matter to me anyway, I hate The 49ers.
    Max, i completely agree. what the hell were they thinkin? well, i'll be laughin next weason when they're 2 giant steps behind where they were this year.
    Gozer the Traveller will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldronaii the Traveller came as a very large and moving Torb. Then of course in the third reconciliation of the last of the Meketrex supplicants they chose a new form for him, that of a Sloar. Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you.
    -Lewis Tully in Ghostbusters

Sinner's Swing! chewbaccamonkeylunch's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning and Balance (Tie)
    Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights (LWAN)
    Last Online

02.16.16 @ 06:50 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

They look like real winners now. Gonna have to put a muzzle on TO cause you know he is thrilled
    The trashman was my hero.......
    -Seenbad

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 01:36 AM
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

Originally posted by Ou812max:
    Oops, Erickson does have NFL experience. [img]graemlins/drunk.gif[/img] Who can forget those championship seasons that he had with The Seattle Seahawks before Holmgren got there?
    Dont take this as praise for Erikson but he did have the Hawks during a weird time when Ken Bearing owned the team. Bearing wanted to move the Hawks to LA, so he wasnt dumping any money into the Hawks. Erikson's hands were essentially tied, he had minimal players to work with. Considering what Erikson had to work with he actually did pretty well, That MUTHER FUCKER Holmgren has had twice the salary and three times the players and the HAWKS are worse than they have ever been.

My take on Erikson is...he should stay a colledge coach, I think some guys are just better suited for the amature game. He has turned around a few programs. Do I think he will do well in San Fran - NO. Two years and he will be gone.
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hit the ground runnin'
    Last Online

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by Aquatic Punk:
    Max, i completely agree. what the hell were they thinkin? well, i'll be laughin next weason when they're 2 giant steps behind where they were this year.
    No doubt. If Mariucci had trouble controlling Owens, how in the hell is a college coach going to do any better? Idiots. Well, at least now Mariucci is on a team that wants him. Even if it is your team's enemy.
    EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hit the ground runnin'
    Last Online

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by OLO:
    That MUTHER FUCKER Holmgren has had twice the salary and three times the players and the HAWKS are worse than they have ever been.
    I'm sorry OLO. I forgot that I shouldn't mention that fat bastard's name around here. [img]graemlins/brickwall.gif[/img]
    EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Unchained
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

talk about a retread. the sad thing is, that's what the whole deal with interviewing minorities is supposed to prevent. i think the lions snapping up mooch is fine, but the niners could have had at least a half dozen guys better than erickson. i guess he's willing to play the puppet for walsh and co.

Last Online

09.26.07 @ 02:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Well it's definitely a suprise. I heard some college names listed as possibilities but Erickson wasn't one of them. He did a good job with Oregon State but I hope he can be successful in the NFL. Whoever the 49ers chose would have been a step down from Mariucci--it's their own fault for firing him, so they're going to have to deal with it.

The 49ers are going to play the Lions in SF next year, be sure to not miss that one.
    "It's so damn hot... milk was a bad choice." --Ron Burgundy, Anchorman

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

They deserve what they get. Bitchin' about opening up the offense, yea you do that with the 30th ranked D and you'll get blown off the field. Erickson is a very good college coach, but he's not a pro guy IMO. I see this as a step back from Mooch. I'm just worried now that Steve is in the same division with GB, the Lions will get better, he knows how to run a team to its strength and protect weak areas.
    <a href="http://www.vhvault.com/~rebel" target="_blank">The Coolest VH Trade Site on the Net!!</a>

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 08:00 PM
    Liked 20 Times in 16 Posts

Guys, our pathetic sports writers over here haven't really explained what Walsh's problem was with Mooch.

I'm aware of the so-called "power struggles"that irked the Niners' new psychotic owner, but what issues did Walsh have with Mooch's offense, philosophically speaking?

(.......oh, and by the way, watch for Mooch to help Joey Ballgame blossom into a top 5 QB by 2004.)

Eruption
    Last Online

07.10.17 @ 09:12 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 10 Posts

Walsh is an egotistical ass. Sure he helped establish the "west coast" style of play, but I think he has a problem with the success of others. Since he left the 49er's coaching position and then came back and took over an office job, he seems to like to get rid of successful 49er coaches. He helped get rid of Seifert now Mooch. Was he afraid that in time they could actually have a better record,SuperBowls, etc?

**edited to include......Go Cowboys! Be afraid fellas the Star is being polished.**

[ February 11, 2003, 05:55 PM: Message edited by: Limecuda ]

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

02.29.12 @ 05:55 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Limecuda:
    Walsh is an egotistical ass. Sure he helped establish the "west coast" style of play, but I think he has a problem with the success of others. Since he left the 49er's coaching position and then came back and took over an office job, he seems to like to get rid of successful 49er coaches. He helped get rid of Seifert now Mooch. Was he afraid that in time they could actually have a better record,SuperBowls, etc?

**edited to include......Go Cowboys! Be afraid fellas the Star is being polished.**
    Ok, now you're just making things up. Walsh gave his seal of approval when he stepped down in '88 to hire Seifert as his successor. He was not even involved with the Niners when they fired Seifert at the end of the '96 season. Everybody acts like Mooch was a excellent coach when in fact he was average at best. First six years with Walsh = 2 superbowls, first six years with Seifert = 2 superbowls. First six years with Mooch = 0 superbowls. Granted thats a pretty high standard. Bottom line is the Niners needed a change, look for Erikson to throw in some vertical attacks while still maintaining the WCO. By the way, Holmgren(the guy the Niners really wanted)31-33 since joining the Seahawks. Eriksons record with the Seahawks 31-33. And that was with quarterbacks like Dan McGwire running the show, shit 31-33 is pretty impressive considering the talent Erikson had to work with.