Register
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

06.29.12 @ 01:03 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Finally the monkeys in Tri-Star finally did something right. After giving the American audience the infamous "hopping Iguana" in Godzilla, they have now brought the REAL Godzilla back to the big screen where he belongs. The fact that they had a part in bringing Godzilla 2000 to theaters almost makes me forget about the 1998 imposter...almost.
    Godzilla 2000 is a must see for even the most casual of Zilla fan. Granted, the dubbing is a little corny in some places, but it doesn't ruin the movie by any means. Toho used both traditional godzilla effects (man in rubber suit) and the latest computer generated effects in the making of this movie. Personally, I think that Big G looks more realistic in this movie than he did in the American version. (That giant hopping lizard looked like nothing more than a fancy cartoon.)
    Anyway, you guys and gals have got to see this movie. If for no other reason, just to try to convince tri-star to bring future Godzilla films to the big screen.

------------------
    "Honey, arn't you gonna catch a cold dressed like that?" - Dave
    "We're not in the music business, we're in the business of making music." - Edward
    "Yeah, I saw a yard gnome once...it didn't scare me." - Space Ghost

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

"Dance the Night Away"
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

I am a huge Godzilla fan! I have loved Japanese Monster Movies since I was 5. I now own just about all of them . . .to the dismay of my wife.

I agree, Godzilla 1998 was the worst movie I have seen in a long time. It was an insult to an icon. I will be there! I can't wait to see it!

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Actually, it started Friday Georgie. I already saw it twice. The creators of this Godzilla film were obviously influenced a lot by the early 50's and 60's films. You wont see any maser cannons or futuristic robots like there were in the 90's Heisei movies. Nope, lots o' tanks, planes, and missles. Godzilla's look has been changed a little too (but not too much). His dorsal spines are larger, he is about 55 meters (170 ft) tall instead of 100 meters, and his atomic ray is significantly more powerful. He just looks more ferocious all around.
    ...listen to me...rammbling on and on...I must have Zilla-itis or something.

------------------
    "We're not in the music business, we're in the business of making music." - Edward

Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

06.23.17 @ 09:49 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

godzilla freakin rocks !!! i wanna see the new movie....i loved all that good goddzilla shit when i was little...godzilla on monster island, godzilla vs mothra,godzilla vs mecha godzilla, godzilla vs geydrah,godzilla vs the smog monster (a favorite)...godzilla vs king kong which by the way was complete bullshit ,how could king kong beat godzilla? what was the one where godzilla fought together with the robot that loooked like ultra man?

------------------
    eddie vanhalen , there is no substitute. member of the G4

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

"Dance the Night Away"
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

That was Godzilla Vs Megalon! ( The robot was called Jet-Jaguar.) Ultra man and the start of the power Rangers were very reminiscient of Jet Jaguar.

Alchemy- I was not able to see it yet but I am working on it between now and Sunday. I am with you about King Kong VS Godzilla. That fight is like Van Halen VS Trixter musically. No match!

Extra Honorable mention to you Japanese monster movie fans. A few more classics for ya:

Gamera Vs Guiron
    Gamera Vs Gaos
    War of the Gargantuas
    King Kong Escapes
    Rodan
    Mothra
    Ghidrah- The Three Headed Monster
    Destroy All Monsters
    Yongary-Monster of the Deep
    Gappa

If you have not seen them, try to rent them or purchase them if you can.

Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

ohhhh shit War Of The Gargantuans !!! isnt that the one with the two giant ape like fuckers and one is good and one is evil ? and which one is the giant turtle that has jets come out of the back of his shell? this is great you guys are really bringin back some kick ass memorys !!! ok i got one please tell me someone remembers Johnny Soko And His Flying Robot !!! my favorite show when i was 8 god i wanted to be johhny soko so bad.....

------------------

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Speaking of old Japanese T.V. shows...what ever happened to Spector Man??! I use to love that show. You know, the one where the guy turned into a giant golden robot looking thing. Anybody seen that lately?

My only problem with the Gamera movies was that the little kids were somehow always given command of the military. You know like:
    Annoying little kid: Gaos only comes out at night.
    Military guy: Oh, we did not know that! How would you like to become general?

Then again, I used to love Gamera movies when I was a little kid. The new Gamera series isn't bad.

BTW, I think that the MST3K versions of the old Gamera movies were the best.

------------------

Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

dude i think you mean goldar ,at least that was the name of the show here on the east coast......i actually remember the last episode where goldar dies lol.......hey anyone here a manga anime fan? now thats my shit !!!! anyone remember marine boy? astro boy? star blazers?

------------------