Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
    Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

10.22.16 @ 07:39 PM
    Liked 811 Times in 559 Posts

Premium Member
    I'm a relatively mild-mannered individual, don't ask for a whole lot, but I'm starting to get a little irritated about the stuff that I'm perceiving as being taken away from me on the internet.

First there was the whole Napster deal and that seems to get worse every day - glad I downloaded all those Van Halen demos when I did 'cause it's a lot harder to find 'em now. Then it was announced that Major League Baseball was going to take the lead of other sports and start charging for listening to internet broadcasts of games near and far. Now I go to listen to "Bob & Tom" this morning as I do darn near every day and i'm greeted with this:

Due to continuing uncertainty over rights issues related to the streaming of radio broadcast programming over the Internet, including issues regarding demands for additional fees for the streaming of recorded music and radio commercials, we and our advertisers are forced to temporarily disable our streaming. We apologize for the inconvenience of this interruption. We are working with both our advertisers, the Recording Industry Association of America, and others, to find a solution to those problems as quickly as possible so that we can resume our streaming.

What next, charging me to get the ball scores or the local weather? Make me pay to visit a band's official website because there might be a clip of their music on their? Ugh!

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

09.15.15 @ 07:40 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i know it sucks bro. nowadays, it's all about the dollar though. which is sad. i'd blame it on bush!!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
    people have realized that there is a lot of money available from the internet, and now the big cheeses of the companies felt that they were losing too much money, where in actuality, it brings more of the population towards the the company, which could potentially give them more business. that's how i see it anyway. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Right Now
    Last Online

05.18.09 @ 10:19 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Seems like you can't get anything for free anymore.

Driveway shut down, FreeDrive limits you to 20 MB before you sign up for their paid service. Quickdot became a paid service. My message board provider has stated that we might want to consider voluntarily paying for their "Gold" upgrade because if we don't, the free boards could go by the wayside.

The economy has to turn around somehow, I guess. 'Net advertising really has gone to shit; that's why all these places are charging.

I sure hope my Web host doesn't follow suit. Luckily, my host is in England, so maybe I'll be okay. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
    I'm one of those crazies on your block.