Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

A link to the God-awful "Daredevil" trailer can be viewed here. That DD costume is really bad-not to mention Ben Affleck inside of it!

[ June 25, 2002, 03:52 AM: Message edited by: FanHalen ]
    ".....and Harry Potter and all of his wizard-friends went to Hell for practicing Witchcraft. The End." -Ned Flander's version of reading "Harry Potter" to Rod and Todd.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Kim Delaney Investigates CSI: Miami
    Sunday, June 23, 2002 11:57 CDT

Emmy-winning "NYPD Blue" star Kim Delaney will join David Caruso in "CSI: Miami," the Jerry Bruckheimer spin-off of the hit "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" on CBS.

The Hollywood Reporter says she will play a senior crime scene investigator at the Miami-Dade police department who locks horns with the forensic team's leader, played by Caruso.

Emily Procter, Adam Rodriguez, Rory Cochrane and Khandi Alexander co-star in "CSI: Miami," which was introduced as a "CSI" episode this May.
    ".....and Harry Potter and all of his wizard-friends went to Hell for practicing Witchcraft. The End." -Ned Flander's version of reading "Harry Potter" to Rod and Todd.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Can't you just admit that your record sucks?

Can't you just admit that your record sucks........

NEWS - Moby Attributes Sales Slide To The 'Pearl Jam Effect'
    06/23/2002

(6/23/02, 10 a.m. ET) -- Moby recently shared his ideas on record sales, charts, and the role technology has on the industry. Moby's new album, 18, is currently at Number 35 on the Billboard 200 album chart, selling approximately 32,000 copies last week. The album was at Number 15 two weeks ago, and has been decreasing in sales. Moby says 18 is suffering from "Pearl Jam Effect."

"I described the 'Pearl Jam Effect' as being a phenomenon wherein bands who have very technically savvy fans will see their records do poorly in the charts, whereas bands/artists who have less technically savvy fans will do quite well on the charts," explained Moby in a recent journal entry on his website. "This is owing to the fact that bands/artists with technically savvy fans will have a lot of fans who will end up downloading music or burning CDs where as less tech-savvy fans will end up buying their CDs."

Moby says Weezer is also suffering from the "Pearl Jam Effect." "Weezer sold a lot of records in their first week of release, but since then their sales have dropped off considerably, even thought they have radio hits. Even though they have a very loyal fan base, even though they've made a record their fans really like, even though there's good press coverage on the band and their new CD. I would be very interested to know not how many Weezer CDs have sold, but how many copies of their record are actually in existence."

"I'm not saying this is a good or a bad thing," he added. "I'm not writing this to voice my opinions. My concern is the way that the industry looks at the success of a musician or of a record that sells or doesn't sell. Popular artists traditionally sold a lot of records. In the future that might not be the case. In fact, even now that might not be the case. Pink outsells Weezer in the States not so much because she's more popular, but because her fans are more likely to buy, as opposed to burn, her CDs."

-- Darren Davis, New York

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

NEWS - Springsteen's 'Rising' Leaked In New York
    06/21/2002

(6/21/02, 6 p.m. ET) -- New Yorkers tuned in to top 40 station WPLJ on Friday morning (June 21) got a preview of the upcoming Bruce Springsteen album, The Rising, when the title track was debuted at 8:15 a.m. ET. Springsteen's label, Columbia Records, immediately served the station with a cease-and-desist order.

According to the station, listener response to the song was just as immediate, with a flood of positive phone calls. DJ Scott Shannon shouted over the air: "Bruce Springsteen, if you're listening, welcome back!"

Springsteen and the E Street Band tour rumors continue, with August 9 now circulating as the start of a North American jaunt, followed by European dates continuing through mid-December.

In the works for a potential fall release is another Springsteen tribute album, which would benefit the Kristin Ann Carr Fund and the Parkinsons Disease Foundation. Though artists and songs have not been announced, contributions may possibly come from Springsteen pal Joe Grushecky, Dan Bern, Elliot Murphy, and Matthew Ryan.

Springsteen's official website, brucespringsteen.net, has posted details on a special limited-edition version of The Rising, which will include a 40-page full-color booklet with photos and handwritten lyrics by Springsteen.

-- Darryl Morden, Los Angeles

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

ALICE IN CHAINS, PANTERA, NICKELBACK, DEFAULT Members Discuss Possible Collaboration - June 24, 2002

Former ALICE IN CHAINS guitarist Jerry Cantrell, PANTERA guitarist Dimebag Darrell, NICKELBACK guitarist/singer Chad Kroeger, and DEFAULT frontman Dallas Smith have had reportedly had discussions about a future all-star collaboration. However, the combo hasn't gotten past the talking stage, according to Cantrell.

"Chad and I have talked about doing something, but we haven't really taken it any further than that," said the guitarist. "So, of course I'd love to do something with Darrell, anytime."

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

GEOFF TATE: Seattle Set List Revealed - June 24, 2002

QUEENSRŸCHE frontman Geoff Tate performed the following tracks during his live appearance at the EMP (Experience Music Project) in Seattle on Saturday, June 22nd:

01. The Killing Words
    02. Gonna Get Close To You
    03. Spool
    04. Forever
    05. Helpless
    06. Lady Jane
    07. Out Of Mind
    08. Over Me
    09. Passenger
    10. Real World
    11. Every Move We Make
    12. In Other Words
    13. Hero
    14. Touch
    15. Silent Lucidity
    16. This Moment
    17. Some People Fly
    18. Dirty Lil Secret
    19. Off The TV
    20. Grain Of Faith
    21. Flood
    22. The Thin Line
    23. Della Brown

In other news, Tate recently spoke to Annecarlini.com about the progress of the songwriting sessions for the next QUEENSRŸCHE studio album, which is unlikely to surface before mid-2003.

"We all kinda found ourselves after the last one we made, which was Q2K, and we had made plans while on the road to start the next record and when the month came that we were meant to start the record, nobody was available," stated the singer. "So I kinda took that as a signal that nobody was really that interested in making another record. So time went by and everyone seemed to go off and do their thing and I thought that maybe this was the time for me to do it to. And I did and I've been focusing on that for the past two years. It's been really an incredible experience working on this project and I've really learnt a lot. But with QUEENSRŸCHE, we're in a different place then we'd been before because when [guitarist] Chris [DeGarmo] was in the band he was the predominant music writer and he and I always worked very closely on collaborating on all the songs. But when he left he left a gapping hole in the creative industry of the band and we tried to fill that hole with Kelly [Gray], but he proved to be too difficult of a personality to live with. So, we're doing this record differently and nobody's trying to fight for control of the band. We're just using a lot of different writers that we admire. Michael [Wilton] will play all the guitar parts in the studio and then when we go out on the road, the plan is to have some guest guitarists sit in with us at first.”

Geoff Tate's eponymously-titled solo debut is due on June 25th through Sanctuary Records.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Gladiator 2 is Definitely in the Works
    Monday, June 24, 2002 9:29 CDT

The Chicago Sun-Times spoke to DreamWorks about the rumors that there would be a sequel to the Oscar-winning film...

Get out your metal skirts and practice your tiger-spearing skills because Dreamworks is gearing up for "Gladiator 2." Yes, you read it here first. "We've started working on it. We have an idea," says Dreamworks honcho Walter Parkes. Will Russell Crowe be back (not easy given that he didn't have a pulse at the end of the last film)? "Maximus is dead-dead-dead, no coming back and the story picks up things 15 years later," says Parkes. As for getting Russell back as a ghost or a vision, Parkes brightens. "That's not an easy one, but believe me we've tried to mull over all the possibilities," he says.

It'll be interesting to see where they'll be headed with this one and if they can convince Ridley Scott to come back to direct.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Tom Cruise on Mission: Impossible 3
    Monday, June 24, 2002 9:25 CDT

The Chicago Sun-Times talked to Tom Cruise about the status of Mission: Impossible 3.

As for "Mission: Impossible 3," it's a definite maybe. "We're working on it. We're trying to figure out a story and see if it's something we're interested in doing." As for rumors that David Fincher ("Seven") will direct, Cruise says, "I'm talking to David and hopefully it will all come together. To see Fincher unload on 'MI: 3,' well, I'd like to see that."

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Madsen's Falco a Recurring 007 Character
    Monday, June 24, 2002 10:01 CDT

Empire Online tells us they sat down with Michael Madsen today to talk about his character, Damian Falco, in Die Another Day among other things. It seems his character's going to be a recurring one...

The best thing, for Madsen about the new character, was his longevity. 'They could introduce me as a recurring character, so I'd come back in Bond 21 and 22 and then they said if I got tired of it, they'd assassinate me and Bond could use my death as a vengeful reason to do something (laughs).'

So he's good friends with Bond? 'The way it happens in the film is that initially I don't trust him. I'm like the American M. Like Judi Dench sends out Bond, I send out Halle Berry. By the end of the movie I realise that he's saved the world from nuclear armageddon, or whatever it is…so we've evolved. So now I suppose in the next Bond picture, we'll probably start out in more collusion with each other.'

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

NEWS - Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band To Play For 'Today'
    06/24/2002

(6/24/02, 10 a.m. ET) -- With a new album coming July 30, Bruce Springsteen has found a novel way of doing promotion. Springsteen and his E Street Band cohorts will perform for the NBC morning show Today in Asbury Park, New Jersey, on the day The Rising is released. The group is expected to play at least four songs, with Springsteen sitting down for an interview, but final details are still being worked out.

One of the things that hasn't been announced is exactly where the band will set up. Asbury Park is home to Convention Hall, where Springsteen has held his annual charity concerts in December, as well as the Stone Pony club, which he's played innumerable times, both as the featured performer and as a special, often unannounced guest. The boardwalk in Asbury Park is also a possibility.

It will be Springsteen's first musical foray into morning television, and it will also be the first time the Today show has picked up and moved to a location away from its Rockefeller Center base to accommodate a musical performer.

Red Bank, New Jersey, record store Jack's Music will also be in Asbury Park, setting up shop in the Stone Pony to sell The Rising at 12 a.m. midnight on July 30. The store opened its doors at midnight when the Live In New York City album came out last year, and Springsteen was on hand to sign autographs for the early birds. There's no word on whether or not he'll be at the Stone Pony for a repeat appearance.

-- Bruce Simon, New York

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

ROB ZOMBIE Hard At Work On "House Of 1000 Corpses" Soundtrack - June 24, 2002

ROB ZOMBIE is currently working on the soundtrack to his controversial horror movie, House of 1000 Corpses, due around Halloween.

"The movie is real primitive, sort of redneck and hillbilly," ZOMBIE told MTV. "So you don't want to have any really modern-sounding music. It's kind of more low-fi, trashy, because anything that's too slick or modern just wouldn't be appropriate."

The $7 million House of 1000 Corpses was originally due to be released through Universal, but as a result of the movie's controversial content, the company pulled the plug on it prior to its projected June 2001 release.

Following the completion of this year's Ozzfest trek, which is scheduled to feature ROB ZOMBIE on the main stage, the singer will start work on his second film, which will apparently not be quite as gory.

"It's not actually a horror movie," ZOMBIE said. "I think people that like [Corpses] will like it, but it's not actually a horror movie."

IRVINE, California — He's done Hellbilly Deluxe, now Rob Zombie is going pure hillbilly.

The usually industrial rocker is lowering the voltage on his next album, the soundtrack to his controversial horror movie, "House of 1000 Corpses."

"The movie is real primitive, sort of redneck and hillbilly," Zombie said backstage at the KROQ Weenie Roast."So you don't want to have any really modern-sounding music. It's kind of more low-fi, trashy, because anything that's too slick or modern just wouldn't be appropriate."

Zombie is still recording the soundtrack, which is due around Halloween, when "House of 1000 Corpses" will finally hit theaters.

"I got it down to an R rating and then last week I re-shot a couple new scenes and probably pushed it back up to an NC-17," Zombie said. "It's a constant battle. I just can't let go of the NC-17. It's a tough one for me."

"House of 1000 Corpses," which Zombie wrote and directed, apparently lives up to its title. The movie was supposed to be out last summer, but Universal Pictures, which was scheduled to release it, was literally scared away and the flick was shelved until MGM picked it up last month.

Studios will be happy to know that Zombie's follow-up film will not be as gory.

"It's not actually a horror movie, it's sort of like a ..." Zombie stopped himself before revealing too much. "I think people that like ["Corpses"] will like it, but it's not actually a horror movie."

The former White Zombie frontman plans to finish the script this summer during downtime on Ozzfest, where he will perform shorter, more scaled-back sets than usual.

"We did a couple [less theatrical] shows a couple weekends ago and it was the most fun we had in a long time," he said. "When the show is so big, it's really choreographed in a way when things are gonna happen, but when you don't have anything, it doesn't matter. You just goof around. Screw up. And it doesn't really affect anything."

In conjunction with Ozzfest, which kicks off July 6 in Bristow, Virginia, Zombie will release another single from last fall's The Sinister Urge. The aggressive "Demon Speeding" will follow up the current radio hit "Never Gonna Stop (The Red, Red Kroovy)."

—Corey Moss

[ June 24, 2002, 10:27 AM: Message edited by: FanHalen ]

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

LOS ANGELES — "It was my favorite comic book as a kid," Ben Affleck said of "Daredevil." "Everybody has their one thing from their childhood that they really remember and affected them and moved them, and this was that thing for me. It was really a no-brainer."

Affleck was one of many cast and crew members of Fox's "Daredevil" assembled in a cavernous banquet room in the Biltmore Hotel — which doubles as the "Daredevil" set — to meet the press and sound off about the latest comic-turned-movie.
    Aside from Affleck, who plays the title character and his alter ego, Matt Murdock, Jennifer Garner (Elektra), Michael Clarke Duncan (Wilson "The Kingpin" Fisk), Jon Favreau (Foggy Nelson), Joe Pantoliano (Ben Urich), writer/ director Mark Stephen Johnson and producers Avi Arad and Gary Foster were all on hand, while Coolio (Daunte Jackson) and "Minority Report" star Colin Farrell (Bullseye) were noticeable absences. With the possible exception of a sometimes disinterested-looking Pantoliano, the rest of the gang was eager to discuss the long-awaited film adaptation of one of Marvel Comics' most beloved superheroes.

"['Daredevil'] was an enthusiasm that I shared with [writer/director] Kevin Smith, who I got to know when we were doing 'Mallrats' and 'Chasing Amy,' " Affleck said. "Kevin was an avid collector of comics and had all these comic books, so he was impressed with my knowledge of the 'Daredevil' storyline, whereas my knowledge of other comic book storylines apparently was severely lacking and he was decidedly unimpressed."

Smith, the filmmaker behind "Clerks," scripted several issues of "Daredevil" a couple of years ago. His "Daredevil" stories, which included a playful nod to Affleck's Oscar-winning "Good Will Hunting," were eventually collected into a trade paperback edition. Smith called Ben to write an introduction, and the actor happily obliged.

"I wrote the foreword and talked about how much I loved the comic," Affleck said. "That was something that was out there and was something [director Johnson and producer Foster] knew about."

Created in the '60s by Stan Lee — who is responsible for Spider-Man, X-Men, the Hulk and countless other classic characters — and Bill Everett, "the man without fear" is a blind criminal attorney who becomes a costumed vigilante by night. Daredevil uses a combination of martial arts and heightened senses, given to him by the same radioactive accident that stole his eyesight, in his one-man war against crime.

"Daredevil" comic books are decidedly darker in tone than "Spider-Man," Marvel's mightiest property, whose most recent film adaptation has given "Daredevil" an extra buzz ."Daredevil" storylines have dealt with heavy subject matter, including the hero's complex romantic relationship with a ninja assassin called Elektra and his seemingly unending battle with a crime lord known as the Kingpin. Visionary comic auteur Frank Miller, who scripted the character for a period during the '80s, played a pivotal role in the character's development.

"There's a ton of Frank Miller in here," said director Johnson of his take on the red-suited character. "I'm a big Frank Miller fan. ... There's also a lot of Kevin Smith in here."

Johnson, who wrote and directed 1998's "Simon Birch," has been feverishly pursuing Daredevil's leap to the big screen with such devotion that both he and Arad joked about a "restraining order."

"[Johnson] was always telling me about a pet project he was working on," said Jon Favreau, who plays Murdock's best friend. "It wasn't exactly 'Simon Birch 2,' so it was a big surprise to me that this was his pet project. It's like finding that your friend is into S&M when you thought they were just a normal banker. He's totally into the nuances of the book."

The day of the press conference, Johnson directed Affleck and Garner in a scene at a formal dinner. The arrival of the Kingpin, played by the appropriately imposing Michael Clarke Duncan, disrupts the fancy event.

"I was very familiar with the Kingpin," the Oscar-nominated actor said in his distinctively deep voice. "When I read the comic books, that was the only person I read it for. Growing up like I did, I never thought I'd be able to portray this guy. When they came to me and said I could be the Kingpin and I get to fight Ben," Duncan joked, "I said, 'Yeah!' It was like a dream come true."

The movie's first teaser trailer, filled with eerie gothic sounds and "Crow"-like cinematography, contains plenty of fighting — much of it, according to Affleck, inspired by Japanese animation. The martial-arts emphasis of "Daredevil" is nothing new for Garner, the star of television's "Alias."

"The fights are different from what we do on 'Alias' because they're much more specific," Garner said. "Ben and I have been working on this fight that we're shooting later this week for six weeks now — often three hours a day, every day of the week."

"Jennifer's great, she's fabulous," Affleck offered. "She's actually better at [the fighting] than I am. She has had so much training from the 'Alias' thing and she's a dancer, so she shames me every day."

In the comic books, Garner's character is a major player in her own right. Arad, the film's Marvel Comics liaison, said that there is an Elektra film in the works in addition to multiple "Daredevil" sequels. Arad and Foster also said that "Daredevil" is in the "home stretch" of filming, with a projected end date of July.

"Daredevil" is scheduled to hit theaters on Valentine's Day, 2003. Aside from a peek at a few pictures ,the press conference provided the first look at the film since MTV Movie House visited the set with Rob Zombie.

—Ryan J. Downey

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Duran Duran has recorded 15 songs for its reunion album, which will feature the band going back to its modern rock-meets-dance music roots, Billboard.com has learned. Speaking from a London studio where the band is recording the still-untitled set, producer/Chic founder Nile Rodgers says the song "Taste of Summer" appears to be a frontrunner for the first single.

Rodgers says the album sounds like "the Clash meets Blondie meets the Ramones with smooth songwriter stuff thrown in, but it's still very much Duran Duran. There's a sophisticated smoothness, which is at the essence of their songs."

The five members of the original Duran Duran lineup last worked together in the studio on the 1985 single "A View to a Kill," the James Bond film theme which hit No. 1 in several countries. Guitarist Andy Taylor and drummer Roger Taylor quit the group the following year, and bassist John Taylor exited in 1996 (the three Taylors are unrelated). Lead singer Simon LeBon and keyboardist Nick Rhodes have been with the band since its 1981 debut.

Rodgers previously collaborated with Duran Duran on the 1984 hit singles "The Reflex" (the band's first No. 1 song in the U.S.) and "Wild Boys," as well as the platinum-selling 1986 album "Notorious." He says, "It's not like I've had a bad track record with Duran Duran. Every single record I've produced with them has been a hit."

He observes that the songwriting dynamic of the band "hasn't changed all that much. It's like going back to the way it was, just picking up where we left off before. Andy is still the bad boy," he laughs.

Considered one of the pioneering acts of the music video era, Duran Duran has sold in excess of 12 million records around the world. The group's recording career was primarily with EMI/Capitol but it parted ways with the company in the late '90s. In 2000, Duran Duran released its first post-EMI album, the experimental "Pop Trash," on Hollywood, but that deal was ended less than a year later.

Rodgers says that Duran Duran is "very close" to announcing a new label home, on which the reunion album is expected to be released in the fourth quarter of this year. A tour in support of the set is also in the works.

"There are two big dreams of mine: one is to produce a Van Halen record with David Lee Roth on vocals, and the other dream was to produce an album with the original Duran Duran lineup," Rodgers says. "One of those dreams has come true. The guys in Duran Duran look and sound amazing. Doing this album has been a phenomenal experience for me."

At the height of its popularity, Duran Duran splintered off into side groups -- John and Andy Taylor with the funky hard rock band Power Station; LeBon, Rhodes, and Roger Taylor with the avant-garde pop outfit Arcadia. Rodgers says those musical differences have been resolved with the new album, and he hints that the new music is more open to the guitar-oriented, funky side of the group.

"The Power Station was a direct release for John and Andy," he says. "I can say this: knowing where the band is at and the direction that Duran's music has taken, there's no reason for John and Andy to leave the band now."

-- Carla Hay, N.Y.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.06.14 @ 12:51 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by FanHalen:
    A link to the God-awful "Daredevil" trailer can be viewed here. That DD costume is really bad-not to mention Ben Affleck inside of it!
    I saw a trailer with Minority Report. I wasn't impressed with the action but the sound was fantastic.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Cinescape Exclusive
    Ford confirms INDIANA JONES 4 will be in 1950s
    Could confirmation of Indy vs. the Soviets be far behind? Well, yes…

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dateline: Tuesday, June 25, 2002

By: CHRISTOPHER ALLAN SMITH, REPORTING BY MICHAEL TUNISON
    By:

A bit more from that CINESCAPE interview with Harrison Ford, and it’s on INDIANA JONES 4 again. For our coverage of his latest, K-19: THE WIDOWMAKER, you’ll just have to wait.

Anyway, when we asked Ford about the time frame for the new JONES adventure, he was kind enough to confirm what many have speculated about for awhile now. Namely, the film would be set in the 1950s.

“It is, yeah,” Ford confirmed. What else did he have to say? He confirmed there have already been meetings with writer Frank Darabont (THE MAJESTIC, THE SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION) and that coordinating everyone schedules still seems to shake the project.

It’s not like aligning planets to get Ford, Steven Spielberg and George Lucas free to do the project, Ford laughed, “It’s more like getting the Supremes back together. Everybody has there own separate projects and the main thing is time. Everybody’s got separate projects and we have a date and we have an idea and we’ll see how it happens… You know there are three players here whose expectations have to be met. George, Steven, myself. So if we can all agree on something I hope we’ll be able to do it.”

While those quotes may track with his similar statements to us late last week which cast a bit of doubt on the certainty of INDY 4, Ford did close by saying he’s very interested to work with Spielberg and Lucas again.

“The projects that we’ve done together have been very good for me and we are friends and it’s always a pleasure to work with people you have a long relationship with,” he told us. “I certainly have an understanding of how seminal those projects were in the development of my career.”