Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"Dirty Movies"
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Did you know, that Eddie is obsessed with collecting cigarette lighters?

He's got a shitload of them.

I know someone from VHML, who actually met Eddie, Valerie, Wolfie,and Brad, a few years back. She said that Ed showed everyone a new cigarette lighter, that was shaped like an alien. He kept flicking it in people's faces, acting like a big kid. Another thing, apparently (at least back then) Eddie absolutely LOVES Brad.

My friend told me that when Brad arrived at the restarant they were at, Ed jumped up from the table and gave him a big hug and a kiss on the cheek.

All that I've said here is true. I thought it was pretty interesting---

Anyone else have any interesting tales from people lucky enough to have met Eddie?
    "Sorry about the mess..."<br /><br />~Han Solo Episode IV

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

All
    Favorite VH Song

Many
    Last Online

05.12.06 @ 06:39 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

That was an interesting story [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
    I am awesome

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"Dirty Movies"
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

LOL...Hey Wolfie...how's it going?

I know, we've heard plenty of bullshit from a lot of people over time here at the Links...

But (unless this person who told me is bullshitting, which I highly doubt given her integrity) what I told was a true story.

I just wanted to share, cause I thought it interesting..

~BC

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

All
    Favorite VH Song

Many
    Last Online

05.12.06 @ 06:39 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Hey, it's going pretty good, how about you?

I believe you, I don't doubt that the story is true. I'd be sort of interested to know what Brad is like in person too LOL [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
    I am awesome

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"Dirty Movies"
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

To add credibility to this, the person that told me is in charge of setting up the Con 2001 (Convention 2001 for VHML Members) in Las Vegas NV. this August...It's a yearly get together of Van HAlen fans who are members of VHML

She's been a member of VHML for quite a few years and basically met Ed and Val, because she knows Brad.

She also told me that Val was a sweetheart and that at one point my friend was taking a couple pictures with Wolfie in them and Val looked nervously at her. My friend ensured Val that those pictures would NEVER be shown publicly (either over the internet or otherwise) and to my friend's credit, she's never shown them to anyone!

And about Brad...Yeah, who knows...All I know is that when my friend met them all (and this was a few years ago) Ed seemed to really genuinely like him.

Pretty cool to hear a little tidbits from someone lucky enough to have met the man!

~BC

Favorite VH Album

VHII, FW, 1984, 5150, ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

You want me to pick just one?
    Last Online

11.28.17 @ 09:02 PM
    Liked 27 Times in 6 Posts

Well hell, I guess he WOULD love Brad! They're both the exact same. Both of them take the fans for granted, and never tell us a fucking thing! [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
    "One of the reasons I left Sabbath was because Van Halen was blowing us off the stage every night. It was embarrassing." -Ozzy Osbourne

"When I first heard "Runnin' With The Devil" on the radio, I was stunned and found myself dizzy, walking through my high school hallways thinking, "What was THAT?!"
    Eddie Van Halen was so innovative and kicked so much ass, and David Lee Roth was for a time indisputably the Greatest Man in America.
    If aliens came down and challenged us to a Battle of the Bands to decide the fate of Planet Earth, I would feel very confident putting early Van Halen forward as our champion." -Tom Morello

"A lot of bands mature, which means they get square; they start delivering messages. Hey, you got a message, use Western Union." -DLR