Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube

02.13.15 @ 07:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

That Van Halen played in the clubs for around 4 years, but never played outside of California? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure they never played outside of Cali until they toured with the first album. For that matter, there doesn't seem to be any record that they even played outside of Southern California.

I would have thought that they would have done some shows around the state, and even outside of it. I wonder if they thought about playing any shows in New York when they were there recording the demo with Gene Simmons?

Am I wrong? Wouldn't you expect a band that stayed together that long would have thrown the gear into a van and did some road work?

More perks than Elvis' night stand!!!

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Last Online

05.06.16 @ 04:43 PM
    Liked 30 Times in 21 Posts

California is a big place...Plus the clubs that they played in were/are world famous. I guess back in the day if you were known for playing at the Roxy etc...that you were cool and everything else followed (including people). IMO Gene Simmons helped VH get a bigger name in the that time Kiss was a freakin MACHINE...cartoons, comic books, albums etc... Van Halen had the talent to back what Gene should have said and look at what happened.....VH rules the world!!!! any questions?

Whoooaaa TRIGGER!!!
    I am just a punk kid who plays guitar.
    What is understood ..should not be discussed:"In Dave We Trust"