Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube

02.13.15 @ 07:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Brett wrote Just Like Paradise, which today is the theme song of the major radio station in Hawaii. It was also requested to be the theme song for Beverly Hills 90210. The manager didn't feel that the money they were offering was worthy of a phone call to me, so I never heard about it until some seasons later.

From the Wars and Remembrance chapter of Crazy From the Heat. Maybe it's just my reading between the lines, but I get the impression from this that Dave would have let 90210 use the song had he known about their interest. I just get the feeling that if he'd been against it, somewhere in this statement he'd have made a negative comment about the show wanting to use his song.

Anyway, I wonder, if this had happened, what difference it would have made in Dave's career, his image, his popularity etc.

More perks than Elvis' night stand!!!

Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

10.24.16 @ 06:52 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

It might've helped his career. Actually, if a top-rated show like that had a Dave song as the theme, ALAE probably would've been more successful.

"The thing that inspires me the most is my bottle of Jack Daniels. It's my best friend in the world. Ol' Jack will never let you down. He's always there when you need him" - Nikki Sixx, Hit Parader magazine 1986

"Van Halen is 'Get the fuck off the sidewalk if ya don't like our drivin' kinda music!" - David Lee Roth

"We get to the hotel, there's people partyin' in the parking lot, people gettin' down in the elevator, wow! I swear to God I had this one chick, this chick was poundin' on my door, she was kickin' and screamin' at my door 'til about 6.30 this morning. Finally, I just said, 'Fuck it!' and let her out of my room!" - David Lee Roth

10.24.16 @ 08:21 PM
    Liked 244 Times in 142 Posts

Premium Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Glenn:

Anyway, I wonder, if this had happened, what difference it would have made in Dave's career, his image, his popularity etc.

It couldn't have hurt that's for sure. I remember after reading that part myself wondering WHAT really happened. One would think that if in fact this show would have really wanted this song, Dave and his people would have been all for it. But by the same token, who knew that 90210 would end up being so popular like it was. BTW I've never seen an episode. But I know it was a huge hit on tv. Out.

How much popularity did Survivor get for doing the theme song to Baywatch? I don't think they got much considering Baywatch was at one time the most watched show in the world. But of course DLR is 50 times more popular than Jimmie Jamison of Survivor!

Whoooaaa TRIGGER!!!
    I am just a punk kid who plays guitar.
    What is understood ..should not be discussed!!
    "In Dave We Trust"

[This message has been edited by guitarsolos (edited February 22, 2001 at 06:28 PM).]