Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

On a couple of 1979 bootlegs I have Dave tells "The Story of Joe". Essentially he says that he and Al played cards with some guys, who refused to pay up at the end of the game, and Dave threatened to go get Joe. When the dudes are unfazed by this, Dave leaves and comes back with a shotgun and says, "Motherfucker, this is Joe".

Obviously fictitious, but a funny story anyway. BUT, any idea where Joe came from?

Last night I was reading Jay Leno's book and he mentioned that there was a movie in 1970 called Joe about a guy who hates hippies and in fact shoots hippies. Now, Dave would have been about 16 in 1970, and being that he seems to be the type who would have been aware of motion pictures, I got to wondering if perhaps that's where he got the name Joe from?

Possibility?????

------------------
    The Michael Jordan of Van Halen websites!!!
    www.vhlinks.com

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

All
    Favorite VH Song

Many
    Last Online

05.12.06 @ 06:39 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Glenn if you don't know the anwer none of us do. lol

------------------
    Check out my web page! http://www.geocities.com/ncblum85/Nicks_Page.html

"Take it off, Take it all off!"

"Lord, Lord strike that poor boy down!!"

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

Josephina
    Last Online

05.25.17 @ 07:28 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Very well could be Glenn. I remember that part in Leno's book too. Did you hear Leno paid a comedian $1,000 to use one of his stories in his book as his own? That's pretty lousy, having to pay for anecdotes in your autobiography.

------------------
    "The thing that inspires me the most is my bottle of Jack Daniels. It's my best friend in the world. Ol' Jack will never let you down. He's always there when you need him" - Nikki Sixx, Hit Parader magazine 1986

"Van Halen is 'Get the fuck off the sidewalk if ya don't like our drivin' kinda music!" - David Lee Roth

"We get to the hotel, there's people partyin' in the parking lot, people gettin' down in the elevator, wow! I swear to God I had this one chick, this chick was poundin' on my door, she was kickin' and screamin' at my door 'til about 6.30 this morning. Finally, I just said, 'Fuck it!' and let her out of my room!" - David Lee Roth

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by EUX4Life:
    Did you hear Leno paid a comedian $1,000 to use one of his stories in his book as his own? That's pretty lousy, having to pay for anecdotes in your autobiography.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Really??? I hadn't heard that.

That would surprise me, considering that Leno has had a very long career doing an endless amount of travelling. You would think that in all that time and experience, he'd have more than enough stories to base his book on. But who knows?

Any idea which story it was that they're referring to?

And what does all this have to do with Joe?

------------------
    The Michael Jordan of Van Halen websites!!!
    www.vhlinks.com

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

Josephina
    Last Online

05.25.17 @ 07:28 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

No idea Glenn. But I've heard it a couple times, so I'd imagine there's some truth behind it. I personally like the childhood stories he told in the book, like the janitor and the dog.

------------------
    "The thing that inspires me the most is my bottle of Jack Daniels. It's my best friend in the world. Ol' Jack will never let you down. He's always there when you need him" - Nikki Sixx, Hit Parader magazine 1986

"Van Halen is 'Get the fuck off the sidewalk if ya don't like our drivin' kinda music!" - David Lee Roth

"We get to the hotel, there's people partyin' in the parking lot, people gettin' down in the elevator, wow! I swear to God I had this one chick, this chick was poundin' on my door, she was kickin' and screamin' at my door 'til about 6.30 this morning. Finally, I just said, 'Fuck it!' and let her out of my room!" - David Lee Roth