Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Aren't there any 1970's interviews of Dave and Sammy mentioning each other. It seems to me that these guys were aware of each other in the 70's, and being in a very similar genre of music, they might have mentioned one another. Obviously Dave was aware of Sammy since VH did Make it Last early on.

Tonight I heard some live bootleg Montrose from 1974 (thanks B.W. Loons) and Sammy had some real soul in his voice back then, more than he had with VH in my opinion. Wouldn't Dave have been a fan of that?

And Sammy being a singer/guitarist, surely he was aware of VH from the get go. Wouldn't he have been a fan of Dave's bluesy vocals and party attitude?

Anyway, not knowing what would happen in the mid 80's, couldn't these guys have been fans of each other at some point? Neither would ever admit it now of course, but I wonder.

------------------
    More perks than Elvis' night stand!!!
    www.vhlinks.com

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 11:54 PM
    Liked 65 Times in 36 Posts

Premium Member
    Wouldnt mind A listen of some of that old stuff of Sams glenn - you know how to fix an mp3 up ??

------------------
    A little zen... Headed your way...

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, ADKOT
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 10:25 PM
    Liked 444 Times in 246 Posts

I've read things where Eddie said Dave used to talk a lot shit about Sammy. According to Ed, he ran into Sam at some kind of festival (Texas Jam maybe), Ed walked over & introduced himself & told him he dug his Montrose stuff & so on. According to Ed, Dave said something to the effect of 'Fuckin' Asshole, he ain't got shit on me.' Ed said it was probably 'cause of jealousy.

I don't know, I wasn't there so I'm not sure how accurate that is.
    But I remember reading that a couple of times. Does anybody else remember reading anything like that?

**Rod - I had to delete those animated gifs - they totalled over 1 meg - thats gonna make the page too slow to download for a lot of people.. sorry man - Goo **

------------------
    "We'll just blaze on & make the best possible music we can...Hopefully the fans will like everything we do."
    EVH-1986

"As a matter of fact, we're even gonna dedicate this next song....To all those people....Who make baggies."
    DLR-1976

[This message has been edited by Goo (edited February 23, 2001 at 06:47 PM).]

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Goo:
    Wouldnt mind A listen of some of that old stuff of Sams glenn - you know how to fix an mp3 up ??

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I do, except this is on cassette. I don't know how (and likely don't have the equipment) to mp3 something off a cassette. If you're interested in a copy, email me Goo.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rod Dangle:
    According to Ed, he ran into Sam at some kind of festival (Texas Jam maybe), Ed walked over & introduced himself & told him he dug his Montrose stuff & so on. According to Ed, Dave said something to the effect of 'Fuckin' Asshole, he ain't got shit on me.' Ed said it was probably 'cause of jealousy.

But I remember reading that a couple of times. Does anybody else remember reading anything like that?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Yeah, I remember reading that. That was probably at the Anaheim Stadium show that Sammy and VH both played in September of 1978.

------------------
    More perks than Elvis' night stand!!!
    www.vhlinks.com

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, ADKOT
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 10:25 PM
    Liked 444 Times in 246 Posts

I think you're right again Glenn!

------------------
    "We'll just blaze on & make the best possible music we can...Hopefully the fans will like everything we do."
    EVH-1986

"As a matter of fact, we're even gonna dedicate this next song....To all those people....Who make baggies."
    DLR-1976

[This message has been edited by Rod Dangle (edited February 23, 2001 at 10:39 AM).]

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

...and there's that ATBL demo out there where Al and Mikey play a lil' o' Rock Candy before those gettin' all hectic ain't talkin' style...I dig that 'Trose live jive! It cracked me up during that How Many More Times blues jam where Sammy says somethin' like,"It's all new to me,"--remindin' me of the YRGM/Cabo jive. Did ya catch Ronnie's Stones references? Maybe a lil' Sing this song together?