Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Good Enough
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well, I don't know who hosted that night but I just recently got a copy of Stomp 8H off Napster and it so refreshing. You know, it's weird but cool to hear Ed play with a horn section. Lmao ... That was a first for me!

G4 Member

------------------
    Broken down n' dirty dressed in rags

G4 guitar player files at www.freedrive.com the username and password are both vhlinks(lowercase). My file is under No Bozo's ...

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 05:32 AM
    Liked 28 Times in 13 Posts

Donor

Actually, Val hosted that night. She introduced Eddie, referring to him as "my husband".

Great show--they had a skit called Dinner at the Van Halens, where Val and Ed were hosting a dinner party with roadie-type characters swooping in and out, picking up dropped silverware, handing Ed the phone, etc. They even had headsets on, talking roadie lingo. In the end, Val freaked out, saying something like, "I'm sick of this! Our home is not a concert arena!" while Ed just sat there grinning with his ever-present Marlboro (obviously bombed, but it was the mid-80's, so when wasn't he?).

My favorite part is the "Stompin 8H" jam. G.E. Smith ACTUALLY tried to stand toe-to-toe with the master in the beginning. Ed teased him for a while, then stepped forward and blew his weenie butt away! A classic moment! Never could stand that guy anyway...

Keep an eye out on Comedy Central--they run lots of SNL re-runs and you can catch it there occasionally.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

Josephina
    Last Online

05.25.17 @ 07:28 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

ACTUALLY, (), she refers to him as her best friend. Anyone know any place on the net to get that Dinner sketch?

------------------
    "The thing that inspires me the most is my bottle of Jack Daniels. It's my best friend in the world. Ol' Jack will never let you down. He's always there when you need him" - Nikki Sixx, Hit Parader magazine 1986

"Van Halen is 'Get the fuck off the sidewalk if ya don't like our drivin' kinda music!" - David Lee Roth

"We get to the hotel, there's people partyin' in the parking lot, people gettin' down in the elevator, wow! I swear to God I had this one chick, this chick was poundin' on my door, she was kickin' and screamin' at my door 'til about 6.30 this morning. Finally, I just said, 'Fuck it!' and let her out of my room!" - David Lee Roth

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 05:32 AM
    Liked 28 Times in 13 Posts

Donor

I stand corrected, EUX4Life! My bad.....

Haven't seen the dinner sketch anywhere, though I did catch some of the Stompin 8H video on someone's VH site. Of course, it was ages ago and I can't remember who's it was--sorry!

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

Josephina
    Last Online

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

I think the Stompin' video is on the DLR Army site somewhere. I think that's where I got it. But I've never seen the Dinner sketch. I feel somewhat deprived...

------------------
    "The thing that inspires me the most is my bottle of Jack Daniels. It's my best friend in the world. Ol' Jack will never let you down. He's always there when you need him" - Nikki Sixx, Hit Parader magazine 1986

"Van Halen is 'Get the fuck off the sidewalk if ya don't like our drivin' kinda music!" - David Lee Roth

"We get to the hotel, there's people partyin' in the parking lot, people gettin' down in the elevator, wow! I swear to God I had this one chick, this chick was poundin' on my door, she was kickin' and screamin' at my door 'til about 6.30 this morning. Finally, I just said, 'Fuck it!' and let her out of my room!" - David Lee Roth

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Comedy Central JUST had an SNL special on this weekend. I finally saw the skit. To say Ed was bombed was an understatement. I give him credit though; he ALMOST kept a straight face for 6 seconds there! It was a bad skit anyway, but a nice try on SNL's part.

Anyone know if he was actually drinking Heineken on stage? The FCC isn't too fond of that sort of thing.

------------------
    Official Calculator of the VHLinks...and damn proud!

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Hear about it later
    Last Online

05.24.08 @ 02:20 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Speaking of the SNL "Dinner Sketch",there is one person in the bit who was murdered not long ago.
    Who might that be???

------------------

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Lol, could it be Phil Hartman?

That remindes me to intervine with a question? Who has Stomp 8H? Thats killer IMO cause I never really heard Ed play through a horn section.

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Hear about it later
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm not really interested in eddie's sex life.

Last Online

12.03.17 @ 09:00 PM
    Liked 537 Times in 291 Posts

Premium Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AbeVanHalen:

Anyone know if he was actually drinking Heineken on stage? The FCC isn't too fond of that sort of thing.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd say it was the real deal Abe. It was a funny bit though. I always thought it was cool how me mentioned Zeke in the skit. I'd imagine most people at the time had zero idea who Zeke was. Out.

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well pkjr, that obviousley went over your'e head but I was talkin' bout the brass section of the band.

T5, Zeke was the guitar tech at the time right? He even was with Ed during 5150 I beleive.

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Hear about it later
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well Mr " EYES OF THE NIGHT " (spooky)
    "intervine" is spelt INTERVENE and "obviousley" is spelt OBVIOUSLY...

------------------

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Waah!!! I know funny and that shits funny. Lol, well thanks mr.spellchecker. j/k dawg ... Btw welcome to da links n' shit, glad to have ya around. I've seen some cool posts from you broham!

[This message has been edited by Eyes of the Night (edited March 14, 2001 at 03:02 AM).]

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:48 AM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

dude, pk has been here since november of friggin 99'. He should be welcoming you to the links.

------------------
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Look at that Mama, she got it sstick'n in the camera maan- (I wish I had some)

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

Josephina
    Last Online

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

LOL! He's got ya on that one EOTN. Good call Seen

------------------
    "You gotta do me a favor and let these (people) have a good time, alright? A little bit of (vulgar term for breast) and their hands in the air ain't gonna hurt anybody" - Nikki Sixx

"We get to the hotel, there's people partyin' in the parking lot, people gettin' down in the elevator, wow! I swear to God I had this one chick, this chick was poundin' on my door, she was kickin' and screamin' at my door 'til about 6:30 this morning. Finally, I just said, 'Fuck it!' and let her out of my room!" - David Lee Roth