Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

09.25.13 @ 12:04 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I need to find out what Jan's Orchestra/Band's name was when he was touring Europe (I think it was before he was married)and/or during the time he was living in the Netherlands (during marriage) and/or (would be better) to find a picture of Jan with the orchestra/band he played and toured with. I've looked everywhere, VH Encyc., internet search, nothing. What I'm trying to accomplish is get names of other musicians he's toured with...I'm actually looking for a specific individual.

Can anyone help?

[This message has been edited by LTLDREAMER (edited January 23, 2001 at 04:19 PM).]

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

Josephina
    Last Online

05.25.17 @ 07:28 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

I don't know if Glenn could answer this one without the help of his Bible...

We've found your kryptonite!!!

------------------
    "The thing that inspires me the most is my bottle of Jack Daniels. It's my best friend in the world. Ol' Jack will never let you down. He's always there when you need him" - Nikki Sixx, Hit Parader magazine 1986

"Van Halen is 'Get the fuck off the sidewalk if ya don't like our drivin' kinda music!" - David Lee Roth

"We get to the hotel, there's people partyin' in the parking lot, people gettin' down in the elevator, wow! I swear to God I had this one chick, this chick was poundin' on my door, she was kickin' and screamin' at my door 'til about 6.30 this morning. Finally, I just said, 'Fuck it!' and let her out of my room!" - David Lee Roth

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Not to disrespect Glenn in anyway, but you might try the Dutch VH website. The information might be more readily available there.

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Wow, this is the mother lode of questions. I can't really help at all, but Eddie did say this in his 1995 Rolling Stone interview;

I always used to hear my dad practicing his clarinet downstairs back in Holland. At that time, it was difficult to make money playing his type of music. So he joined the Dutch air force band, and he played marches. Every morning at 6 o'clock he'd have to go up there freezing his ass off and play marches. We'd listen to all those march records, and Al and I would parade around the table in the living room and take pots and pans, doing all that kind of stuff. And at night we'd hear him playing classical music downstairs. He loved classical and jazz.

Sorry, doesn't help at all, but it's interesting. I'll check a few other interviews that I have with EVH, but I don't think I'm going to find much. If I do find anything, I'll post it here.

------------------
    The Michael Jordan of Van Halen websites!!!
    www.vhlinks.com

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

No idea either but I'd like a URL to whatever you come up with LTLD. Cool thread BTW.

-------------

G4

E.C.A.S.!

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

09.25.13 @ 12:04 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks Glenn! I wonder what year(s) Jan was in the Dutch air force band? I suppose I can figure out the years and start a search for pictures from that point on.

G_Alex - I couldn't find anything on the VH Dutch website, however, I did send an e-mail to the them to see if they had any info.

If I hear anything or find anything on my own, I'll post.

EOTN - you got it.

Thanks again guys If you come across anything, I sure would be grateful

[This message has been edited by LTLDREAMER (edited January 24, 2001 at 01:59 PM).]

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

(Eyes comes stumblin' into this thread) Uhm? What was I going to say? I always do this when I reach Full Boceebus Mode, "which is a mode that's this close to 5150" -SH. I guess I just wanted to remind you to get that pic up in a.k.a. and if you need help with it, cause I did, I recomend that you e-mail Goo and he can work the kinks out for ya! lol ...

------------------
    Broken down n' dirty dressed in rags

Well, let me roll up onto the sidewalk and take a look kids!?, Woah!!!

G4 guitar files at www.freedrive.com under No Bozo's. Username and password are vhlinks.