Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 05:29 AM
    Liked 1,345 Times in 922 Posts

First off, I'd like to say that "One Foot Out The Door" is one awesome piece of music. Some people have labeled it the weak point of "Fair Warning", but I disagree. The band packs more in less than two minutes on this song than some groups get in 5. Awesome song. Anyway, was this song and "Sunday Afternoon..." recorded together? Although they have some similar sounding elements, I doubt that they were. As for "Sunday Afternoon...", can somebody who knows music tell me what this is? For a long time, I thought it was guitar, then I thought it was bass, but now I just don't know. Could it be keyboards? All three? And what about the drums? Electronic? Or has the whole track been fed through some sort of sound effect device? The only thing I'm sure of at this point is that Dave is not making any of the sounds! Anyway, both tracks rule - the album has no weak points!

------------------
    It's all over but the SHOUTING, I've come to take what's mine...

Mr. Unchained
    I'll move this to VH101, seems better suited there.

------------------
    Right Now.... you need to Eat Us And Smile!!!

Guess what??? It's officially SHOWTIME!!!!!

Love it. Hate it. Whatever... but you can't beat it.

On Fire
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I read that Ed used some toy keyboard for Sunday Afternoon in the Park. And you know Ed, he had it run through some weird way through the old workhorse Marshall to get that tone.

I can't play this tune full blast or I'll blow my speakers up! IMO, one of the highlights of Fair Warning.

------------------
    I can see my sillohette da-darkening your door, I can almost taste it: I want more! YOU BE SITTIN' PRETTY but you try to take the bait - wearin' out my welcome, guess I better save my breath!

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Edward recorded this using an Electro-Harmonix Micro-Sythesizer. I remember reading an interview long ago where Ed said that it was basically a piece of junk, but he was able to use it the way he wanted it.

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Mike plays on it too. He did Sunday Afternoon in the Park during his solo on Live Right here Right Now tour.

------------------
    some people call me newbie

Here's to your thin red line....MMMMMM I'm stepping over!

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I agree, "One Foot Out the Door" was a great finale to that album, in the same way "bring it on home" was a great finale to Led zeppelin II.

I think Fair Warning was the most aggressive of all of VH's albums. Its very jagged, and has a certain hard edge to it that the other albums don't have. The other albums have their lighter moments of fun, but Fair Warning doesnt. Push comes to shove is kind of creepy. I think they swear more on this album than any other, the subject matter of all the songs is much more direct and confrontative than on any other. After I listen to fair Warning I feel kind of wired and full of nervous energy, and I kind of feel like hitting someone.

I like Sinners Swing, the intro to mean streets, unchained, so this is love, and one foot out the door.

Mulva
    Didn't Ed write "Sunday Afternoon.." for VAL?