Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Hey, here's some useless info I thought of that happened here during the 3 tour. This wasn't related to the band itself, but it happened the same night.

See, here VH plays a venue called "Riverbend" which is a combination seating/lawn facility right on the Ohio River. Usually you need to hike quite a bit to get down there. But on the night of the 3 concert someone got stabbed out in one of the parking lots during one of the encores! Sheesh! The article in the paper said most of the fans in the concert heard all the helicopters fly over but didn't even know anything happened until they tried to leave.

Kind of like how no one in the Who concert in '79 here where no one in the concert knew anyone died outside of it.

*if you don't know where "here" is yet I think you should study your rock history, the Who concert death is a MAJOR event and brought about the end of festival seating*

------------------
    "That's How it Is When You Tell the Truth"

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Too many to choose from...
    Last Online

07.17.17 @ 07:19 AM
    Liked 3 Times in 1 Post

hey! My dad was at that Who concert! He said he came home and his roommates were sill up to see if he was still alive!!

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 07:14 PM
    Liked 1,350 Times in 926 Posts

Yeah, the Who concert of '79 ended festival seating, it's just too bad that they didn't get the message in that God-forsaken state of Maine until sometime after April of 1982. My first concert ever was Van Halen in May of 1981 and when they told me I could go anywhere I wanted I thought it would be a good idea to plant myself right in front of the stage. It was working, too, great view. Until Van Halen came on and I was promptly squashed like a bug. Spent a good part of the rest of the show digging for higher ground. Now I don't remember a whole lot of the show - that's why they need to reunite so I can do it right! Okay, not really related to this particular forum, but probably won't be the last superfluous post!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 04:51 PM
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

When the VHIII tour made its way to the Gorge @ Goerge in George, WA. They were having trouble moving tickets so they sold them 2 for 1!!!!

In any previouse VH tour that would have never happened.

------------------
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    and thats about what its worth

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Hot for Teacher
    Last Online

04.19.12 @ 10:06 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I just thought I'd say that the best time I've seen VH was on the 3 tour. The other time I saw them was on the Balance Tour and I left that concert EXTREMELY disappointed.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

05.28.08 @ 07:33 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

There are still places that have seating like that. I have been so crammed up in a concert that my fucking feet weren't even touching the floor.

------------------
    Eat Us And Smile!!!!!

"I won't go down in history, but I will go down on your sister!"...David Lee Roth

Sherman Van Halen
    The Who concert was in December of 79. In March or April of 80 Van Halen played the at the same place in Cincinnati ( my first of 13 Van Halen concerts by the way). During the Show Van Halen played "light up the sky". The officals in Cincinnati were still really uptight about crowd control since the Who thing was only a couple months old. So when Dave started scream LIGHT IT UP!!! over and over and everybody started flicking their bics the security at the place freaked. Dave was assrested that night for inciting the crowd or some bullshit. He didn't go to jail but he did have to come back in a couple months to go to court and I will forget the sight of him walking down the street in downtown Cincinnati with this brown kind of suit thing real long frosted hair a big mirrored shades and lawyers all around him. If I remember right he got some kind of small fine out of the deal.

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

01.22.13 @ 03:01 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I was also at the Cincinnati concert during the 3 tour. I remember walking out to the parking lot after the show thinking to myself "Wow, they have police directing people out of the lot and they are even doing traffic reports from the helicopter!" It wasn't until the next day I head someone got stabbed.

Eruption
    Last Online

11.07.17 @ 04:10 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i went to that show too. my freind thought those helicopters were for the band!

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Good info guys. Hey Sherman, the VH Encyclopedia shows that Cinci date as being April 24, 1980. Funny, I never made the connection between Dave being arrested then, and the Who incident, even though I'm aware of the Who incident. Learned something today, and it's only 8 in the morning.

Unchained
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

my useless information is about vh 3 tour. i was 27 years old my first van halen concert i was to young when david lee was in and he is my fav but i moved to phoenix arizona, and said fuck it im gonna go see van halen even if daves not in it just to hear eddie, monster magnet opened, for them and as van halen was about to enter the stage we were in a open out side concert place, with limited seating and the rest lawn seats, well here i was 10 th row lovn it close baby! the the crowd got so fuckin loud chanting eddie eddie eddie, kinda scared me. then van halen came out blowing my ears out, playing a old david lee roth era tune,, i wa sin heaven but it was 105 degrees ok remember this, then i noticed gary cherone was wearing black pnats black shirt, and a fuckin jacket what the fuck. its a 105 degrees dude. he keeps jacket on 4 about 5 sogs then takes it off finally, says its hot no shit dude, wel then hes singing one of the new vh3 songs and is running around, and stumbles falls, but catches hisself. just before he is a gonner. he did it with grace i guess, but he looked stupid... aL IN ALL IT WAS A GOOD CONCERT. BUT HE NEEDS TO NOT WEAR JACKETS TO A DESERT CONCERT AND NOT STUMBLE AROUND ON STAGE doesnt look good, well piece

------------------
    david rowlett

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Actually, I thought the Who concert was in October or something... My bday was November of '79 and I was pretty sure the whole thing went down before I was born.

I could be wrong though, because I obviously wasn't there if I was a newborn

------------------
    "That's How it Is When You Tell the Truth"

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

The WHO concert in question was on December 3.