Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Eruption
    Last Online

07.14.10 @ 09:31 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It asks what tour did VH play outdoors during a snowstorm. The answer is Balance. My question is, when and where did this occur?

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Here bro, this is from the Band Interviews section of the Links, it's a part of the interview from the guy who did lighting on that tour.

CS: The footage of the snowstorm in Denver must be outrageous. Even the guys on the crew who have been around for ten or fifteen years said it was the most unusual and memorable outdoor show they have ever done. It was miserable. But we had to make the best of it. The band made it easy because they had a great time with it. A couple of days earlier, we were in some city where it was 106 degrees. When we got to Denver, it was cold and rainy. By 9:00, it started snowing. Nobody in their wildest dreams thought it would snow -- it was September! But it kept coming down. We ended up with nine inches on the ground! Things got a little hairy. But we just had to laugh. We had snowball fights with guys on the back-line. All you had to do was scrape it off your shoulders. Out in the crowd, (at Fiddler's Green) there was no cover over the pavilion area. We were very worried. There was a point, somewhere around 3:00, when we didn't know if the show was going to happen. Equipment could have been seriously damaged. Ironically, nothing did.

The Inside: Was the crowd miserable?

CS: No! That was the best part about it. The crowd made the whole thing happen. Nobody expected it and they certainly weren't dressed for it. Wally, our merchandising guy, did slamming business -- they were buying everything in sight. I have some friends who were out in the middle of it. They said it was the most incredible concert experience of their lives. The whole crowd bonded because they were all going through the same thing. Finally, the band said, "All these people have been out in the snow for three hours -- we can't not do it!" Eddie's guitar got drilled by a snowball and he started firing 'em back. Sammy slipped on his ass. I'd love to see the tape.

Eruption
    Last Online

07.14.10 @ 09:31 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks Glenn. I'd like to see some footage from that concert myself. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

All
    Favorite VH Song

Many
    Last Online

05.12.06 @ 06:39 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

That sounds awesome! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
    I am awesome

Baluchitherium
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Glenn:
    Eddie's guitar got drilled by a snowball and he started firing 'em back. Sammy slipped on his ass. I'd love to see the tape.[/b]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd love to see this tape, too [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
    I bet the had a blast [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

:snowangels:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<br /><br />God Bless the USA!!!!<br />~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~