Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

This is a bit of a story that appeared in the Star-Tribune the other day. Thought some of y'all might get a kick out of it. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Sometimes Prince could be a, brace yourself, "tyrant," Apollonia tells People mag. This shocking "Where Are They Now?" revelation from Patricia Apollonia Kotero is contained in the issue featuring the extremely readable "The Mayor, the Wife, the Mistress" cover story. Reportedly on the rebound from his breakup with previous protege Vanity, Prince was in the market for new talent for his personal life and his movie ''Purple Rain'' when he and Apollonia hooked up circa 1984, she said. Although she ''never had a relationship'' with Prince, Apollonia dumped then-boyfriend David Lee Roth at the request of the Tyrant of Chanhassen.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

Josephina
    Last Online

05.25.17 @ 07:28 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

And I think Nikki Sixx took Vanity from Prince. I know he was engaged to her.
    "You gotta do me a favor and let these (people) have a good time, alright? A little bit of (vulgar term for breast) and their hands in the air ain't gonna hurt anybody" - Nikki Sixx

"Van Halen is 'Get the fuck off the sidewalk if ya don't like our drivin' kinda music!" - David Lee Roth

"We get to the hotel, there's people partyin' in the parking lot, people gettin' down in the elevator, wow! I swear to God I had this one chick, this chick was poundin' on my door, she was kickin' and screamin' at my door 'til about 6:30 this morning. Finally, I just said, 'Fuck it!' and let her out of my room!" - David Lee Roth

Last Online

09.04.17 @ 05:32 AM
    Liked 62 Times in 32 Posts

Dave got cock blocked by Prince? LMFAO!
    "Gully, watch yourself. I am dead serious." - Brett Norton, Emperor of VHLinks.com

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Aw geez? How can you ask that?
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by EUX4Life:
    And I think Nikki Sixx took Vanity from Prince. I know he was engaged to her.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cock Blocked! That's hilarious. What does that mean? I have to use as long as you let me?
    "Oh man, I think the clock is slow" <br />"I don't feel tardy" <br />"Class dismissed"

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Aw geez? How can you ask that?
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Van Gully:
    Dave got cock blocked by Prince? LMFAO!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's the quote I wanted.

But what EUX says is interesting
    "Oh man, I think the clock is slow" <br />"I don't feel tardy" <br />"Class dismissed"

Last Online

09.04.17 @ 05:32 AM
    Liked 62 Times in 32 Posts

Definition:

Cock Block: To interfere with another man's quest for a piece of ass. To steal a hot chicky from another guy. When a man prevents another man from getting some poonanny in order to get it for himself.

I hope this definition was helpful.
    "Gully, watch yourself. I am dead serious." - Brett Norton, Emperor of VHLinks.com

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

OK OK...this is Prince related only, so it doesn't quite fit into 101, but hey-you started a Prince thread dammit! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

As for Prince being a tyrant, well, a few years ago in Pittsburgh, word leaked out that he would be 'appearing' in such-and-such club as a surprise visit. Tickets were available at the door only during normal business hours. There was about a 4 hour window during which you could get them.

They cost from $50-$75 a pop, depending on what time the ticket was bought. People flooded the place, and the only time I EVER heard about it happening in PGH, people were turned away at the door.

Prince DID make his 'appearance'-the people that paid $50-$75 got to look at him from across the bar, as he was seated in a heavily guarded, semi-private section.

There was no performance; they paid to look at him. He signed no autographs, he didn't say 'hello', and he didn't acknowledge the people that paid to see him.

The tickets were printed in a way that left a loophole for Prince to slide through without fear of lawsuit for simply charging people to be graced by his presence.

How's THAT for an ego problem?
    Don't bark at me...<b>I</b> didn't name ya.