Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Unchained
    Last Online

03.04.06 @ 06:04 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The Roth/Hagar love 'em hate 'em arguments are worthless and futile at this point. You my as well start a Miller Lite "Less filling, Tastes great" argument because the result would be the same. Roth admitted he went back in the studio and it did not work. It's a done deal. I think you believers of the Roth VH era being the only true era of the band should thank Eddie for listening to you and giving Roth a 3rd chance. You can't force musical collaboration or friendship. The question now is will Sammy be back? Will a 4th singer take them forward? Is VH done? I have questions on weather Sammy coming back would be best. I was not very impressed with Balance, the last CD they did with Sammy. It did seem that Sammy and Eddie had some creative differences with that CD. Perhaps Eddie is not the kind of guy who can go back in the past. I think a 4th singer can work however when I hear some of the choices Eddie was considering after Roth left it scares me. Eddie was thinking of Patty Smith to replace Roth at that time. And obviously his choice in going with Gary was not a good one. Basically he and Sammy hooked up by accident through Eddie's mechanic. Leaving Eddie to his own devices on chosing a 4th singer may be a mistake. Would you rather Sammy comes back and they make a new CD and hit the road next summer? Wait perhaps 2 years for VH to get another singer and put out a new cd in 2005. Or give VH the last rights?

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Stick a fork in Van Halen . There in a no win situation, Eddie knows it. Hes probably up to 4 packs a day. Eddies gonna go where the $ $ $ is, dont kid yourself. Thats an overated reunion with Sammy, where any songs from the first six albums dont count. [img]graemlins/sleep.gif[/img]
    The problem with self-improvement is knowing when to quit...DLR

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, Hear About It Later, Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

i vote for a new (fourth) singer after the concert I saw this summer.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

give sammy a shot like he gave dave and if that dont work try a 4th singer if that failes to then call it quits.
    van halen shall return. what you think is nothing might be something after all.

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I dunno... After seeing Sammy this summer and hearing how he remembers VH, I think he may be more willing to do more classic VH songs now. He's had his fun the last 6 yrs with his band, but his heart is obviously with VH. For it to work though even he realizes probably that he can't ignore their early days like he did 85-95..
    "What is Understood doesnt need to be discussed"

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:24 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Roth...Number 4.....or a eulogy.
    I say that just...cause. Booyah, I am tired. Anyhow, this is what I want. This is what I grew up with. Roth, a 4th singer, or nothing. Don't care for Sam one bit whatsoever. I want Roth. AND I don't really give a shit if they tour. I just want a double album. If wishes were fishes, the seas would be full.
    "Knowing is not enough, we must apply,willing is not enough, we must do" -Goethe

Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open.--Sir James Dewar, Scientist (1877-1925)

Always drink upstream from the herd...
    --Will Rogers

It is amazing how much some people can do with so little, however, what is even more amazing to me is how little some people can do with so much.
    --Somewhat me, mostly someone else, not sure who

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Right Now
    Last Online

01.30.06 @ 10:11 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

IMO, Sammy will do some more classic VH, as long as VH gives Sammy some space to do some solo-stuff. That way, both sides are happy!

PEACE! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    "You go there once, you'll be there twice" CABO WABO!

Unchained
    Last Online

03.04.06 @ 06:04 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Heretic:
    I dunno... After seeing Sammy this summer and hearing how he remembers VH, I think he may be more willing to do more classic VH songs now. He's had his fun the last 6 yrs with his band, but his heart is obviously with VH. For it to work though even he realizes probably that he can't ignore their early days like he did 85-95..
    I'm also wondering if Sammy did come back would he agree to do a greater mix of Roth era songs. I understand him not wanting to be a cover act, but the fact that he would only do a limited selection of those songs was not in the fan's best interests. I would think that the dynamic is different than it was in 1986. The fact that Roth and VH couldn't make a go of it may open him up to doing more songs from the Roth era. Also, on his solo career I think he would have to abandonee it and just do the Cabo thing. With the limited sales in his last few Cd's I would guess that would not be a big problem.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

07.09.17 @ 06:30 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 3 Posts

They should just finally make some kind of decision. Either pick a vocalist or put the fans out of our misery by announcing the bands retirement. All this BS has just dragged out too long and it's tiresome as hell.
    "It's now officially 5150 time!!!"

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Right Now
    Last Online

01.30.06 @ 10:11 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I wonder if it makes any difference if Sammy sings more classic VH. The classic VH-fans only want Roth, not Sammy. I would love to hear some classic VH myself, by Roth OR Hagar, doesn't matter to me!

PEACE! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    "You go there once, you'll be there twice" CABO WABO!

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Push Comes to Shove
    Last Online

07.04.07 @ 08:34 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

VH should audition some young talented MF with a huge voice (that can actually sing both Dave and Sam era stuff) that will be around until EVH is 70!

Not sure who this is, but someone with the fire of Dave and the temperment of Sammy (if this person exists).

How about that guy who replaced Mark Wahlberg in the move 'Rock Star' (I think his name is Myles Kennedy) haha
    "No band has come close to duplicating the original Van Halen's truly distinct blend of showbiz bravado and musical ingenuity -- certainly not the band that continues to call itself Van Halen, offering up countless botched reunion attempts and a string of marginal post-Dave albums, and packing arenas just the same." CDNOW

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

hear about it later
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Executionor:
    Roth...Number 4.....or a eulogy.
    I say that just...cause. Booyah, I am tired. Anyhow, this is what I want. This is what I grew up with. Roth, a 4th singer, or nothing. Don't care for Sam one bit whatsoever. I want Roth. AND I don't really give a shit if they tour. I just want a double album. If wishes were fishes, the seas would be full.
    Im with you Dude!!!
    [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Streets
    Last Online

07.30.08 @ 05:58 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'll take a fourth.

Last Online

12.13.11 @ 02:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by famac@nuveen.com:
    I'll take a fourth.
    I'll take the fifth on this thread

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Song

hear about it later
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

After seeing Sammy this summer and hearing how he remembers VH, I think he may be more willing to do more classic VH songs now
    who wants to hear sam butcher anymore classic VH songs? i don't even think sammy-spankers want to hear that...

how was it concluded that the last reunion attempt w/ roth didn't work out because roth couldn't cut it? has anyone even publicly spoken about it since it happened? i have never heard roth, the VH boys or even mike officially refer directly to it... is this the general consensus because of something sam said? it seems to me the last reunion attempt failed because of health reasons on the part of EVH- not because dave couldn't "cut it" (which is BS anyway... )
    zach sanders<br /><br />"My boy, we are pilgrims in an unholy land"