Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

roth or hagar is not the singer, because warner bros wanted dave or sammy back in or they would drop vh. so to me it sounds like they have a 4th singer. if not that then they don't have a singer or a lable now.
    van halen shall return. what you think is nothing might be something after all.

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Like almost everything on Planet Van Halen, this move could be interpreted a bunch of different ways. Frankly, having to interpret VH moves has become tiresome, I'd like some concrete answers.

Gonna send this to the Opinions/Speculation forum for further discussion. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Eddie's trademarking blitzkreig would seem to indicate either he's planning on mass merchandising, or is protecting the band from others mass merchandising.

The question is : why the fuck would anybody bother mass merchandising for a 4th singer tour that would be lucky to fill Denny's lounge??

Only a reunion tour would warrant such potential attention.
    Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Originally posted by FORD:
    Eddie's trademarking blitzkreig would seem to indicate either he's planning on mass merchandising, or is protecting the band from others mass merchandising.

Only a reunion tour would warrant such potential attention.
    Okay, I hate to say this, but what about the concept of Eddie's health being very bad? If Eddie were in bad shape, he would want to make 100% sure that when he's gone, his family (Valerie and Wolfie especially) would be in control (and the primary beneficiaries) of his past work.

Sad thought, and hopefully not the reality of the situation behind the scenes, but possible in my opinion.

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by FORD:

The question is : why the fuck would anybody bother mass merchandising for a 4th singer tour that would be lucky to fill Denny's lounge??

HEY---watch what you say; that Denny's lounge is a happenin' place.

Don't bark at me...<b>I</b> didn't name ya.

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

10.15.08 @ 02:34 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think it's pretty much considered a fact that WB wouldn't put out a new album by VH without Dave or Sammy. Gary couldn't please WB and I don't think any other singer can either. I still say that VH leaving WB proves there will be a 4th singer. 1) WB would stand to make a ton of money if Dave were back. They wouldn't let the band go if he was back. So the fact that VH left points to a 4th singer. 2) If WB did give VH an ultimatum to get Dave or get out, I can easily see Ed and Al saying "fuck you, we're leaving" and going to work with singer 4. They are hard headed, have money and don't care what the fans think. They are gonna do what they want, even if they no longer have any fans. That points to a 4th singer as well. Everyone remember where you heard it first, that way you won't be mad when I say "told you so". [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

if it is a 4th singer, it must be someone who will knock our socks off, for vh to be doing all this, either that or they just went crazy.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

02.20.07 @ 03:36 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

No one new will knock my socks off. I'm sorry. Consider me closed-minded. Hey, I like Black Forest Cake. But if someone suddenly kept every ingredient in my black forest cake the same except it suddenly was inundated with lemon instead of chocolate, I'd be pretty pissed off. I'd be missing the days of Black Forest Cake with chocolate. Hell, I've been missing real Black Forest Cake since 1985. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    "I had a girl beating on my hotel door all night...She was screaming, crying. Finally, I said, 'What the hell'...and I let her out!"- DLR

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I've heard VH with Dave; 6 records worth. Of those 6, I think half of them are meritorious (debut, FW, 1984). I think 1984 represents the pinnacle of VH with Dave (my opinion; I realize most people would choose FW or the first record). I've heard Dave's stuff since that point, and I think it's all QUITE inferior to 1984. I honestly don't think that Dave could match that level again, let alone surpass it. If they took Dave back, I would not be particularly excited by the idea. I really think they already took things as far as they could with Dave, and that the well is dry. The only way I can foresee myself actually being interested in a Dave reunion would be if Dave can't quite cut it, so Eddie goes well out of his way to cover up Dave's weaknesses with some STELLAR guitar work. Of course, if that were the case, why have a singer at all?

I've heard Sammy with VH; 4.11 records worth (disregarding live: fright here fright now). I think those 4.11 are all solid, strong outings. I can't define an apex during that era. I've heard Sammy since then, and some of it is quite good. From what I read of his alleged book, Sammy wanted to push the band into some new musical areas. I think this particular lineup came to an end a bit prematurely. As a result, I think a new record with Sammy would find the band pushing itself for the first time in years.

As for Gary, well, I would like to hear the stuff they worked on after VH3, simply out of curiosity. Outside of that curiosity, a NEW record with Gary doesn't interest me in the least.

Singer #4...well, if it's someone really good, then I would love to hear it. If it's someone really bad, then I'll have something to make bad jokes about for years to come. Either way, I can't lose.

There's still a chance for Vanilow! And let's face it-if VH got Barry Manilow to sing for them, the cd would sell MILLIONS. Not because anyone wants to hear it, but because it would be quite the conversation piece. If nothing else, it could replace the fruit cake tradition at Christmas.
    Don't bark at me...<b>I</b> didn't name ya.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

it would be great to have dlr back, but i also agree that dlr can not take vh further. if thet took sammy back it think they would carry on longer and have a better sounding album, don't get me wrong i loved all the albums they did with dave, but they would have a better chance with sammy or a very good 4th singer to carry on for awhile.

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It's a fact that Van Manilow will happen. I know somebody whose friend has a cousin whose uncle's sister's father's mother's dog knows someone else's aunt who lives within a 300 mile radius of an unnamed VH's members sisters cat. So it's gotta be true. Right?
    VAN MANILOW WILL BE UNSTOPPABLE!!
    Do you believe? Don't you trust me?<br /><br />"I'm just trying to get in to heaven, I'm not running for Jesus." - Homer Simpson