Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Last Online

10.29.09 @ 12:50 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I have a thought.

Do you think that the Dome was shut down temporarily, because the high amounts of bandwidth usage caused by the boards that increased the price of hosting so much, to where it exceeded the band's web site budget.

In other words, we know that VH knows very little of the Internet, and doesn't do any conversing on the site. They were getting so much traffic on the site before, and with boards, they are doubling, tripling, quadrupling in sessions and hits. The only reason fans are going there, is for the boards, since there is never any news over there anyway. It was a good hit getter at first, but after a while, Eddie and Co. may be thinking, "Wait a minute. We aren't doing shit. We were fine with the site we had, even though we neglected it. Why are we dishing extra money for the fans to use our site like another Yahoo chatroom or something? Just shut it down until we have something to give the fans something to talk about."

I'm just thinking that since these guys don't know anything about the net anyway, that they wouldn't understand the whole message board thing and it's finances.

Make any sense?

[ January 30, 2002 at 07:57 PM: Message edited by: Pabs ]</p>
    CHICAGO WHITE SOX - 2005 WORLD CHAMPIONS

The Chicago White Sox (1901-present) - The Original SOX - Proof

The Boston Americans (1901)
    The Boston Somersets (1902)
    The Boston Pilgrims (1903-1906)
    The Boston Red Sox (1907-present) - Proof

The Pilgrims/Americans/Somersets whatever you want to call them, have NEVER displayed "SOX" anywhere on their caps, jerseys, or merchandise, therefore they shouldn't be referred to as such. However, the White Sox have used "SOX" since 1912.

The SOX are in Chicago...we just allow the Pilgrims/Americans/Somersets to use the name.

2007 Fantasy Football Champion

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

You really think they're hurting for cash?

And if so, the answer to that problem is simple:

PUT A FUCKING ALBUM OUT!!
    (but only with Dave, because nothing else is gonna increase the cash flow)

Nah, the Pasture Dump was shut down because $tark$ saw the outrage when he called Mikey's own words "bullshit". He knew the shit would hit the fan when the "un-newsworthy" label split story broke.
    Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by FORD:
    Listen man. If it were us, in our financial situation, we'd feel like we'd never have to work again. But celebs spend as much as they make. How many Ferraris do you have? That's how I look at it. After how many years has it been now? Going on 4 years? Yeah, I'd say it'd be a good idea to start being more conservative.

I agree. But hey, who are we? Just little fans that aren't ever going to be heard.

Nah, the Pasture Dump was shut down because $tark$ saw the outrage when he called Mikey's own words "bullshit". He knew the shit would hit the fan when the "un-newsworthy" label split story broke.
    Nah. Starks had nothing to do with it. He doesn't call the shots. And even if he did have something to do with it. The whole MA thing has zero to do with it. There have been worse things on that site. For example: Our wars.

The Pilgrims/Americans/Somersets whatever you want to call them, have NEVER displayed "SOX" anywhere on their caps, jerseys, or merchandise, therefore they shouldn't be referred to as such. However, the White Sox have used "SOX" since 1912.

The SOX are in Chicago...we just allow the Pilgrims/Americans/Somersets to use the name.

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Maybe Mr. Starks is putting all his efforts in the D-Tuna web site since he is the webmaster there too.
    We all know that is newsworthy.

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I firmly believe that the band wasn't too thrilled with their bill from Sonic.net for van-halen.com after seeing what it was from 1997 to September 2000.

Most of the newer bands or interactive bands understand, but Eddie himself even says he doesn't have the time for the Internet, and is computer illiterate. Why should it matter to him either way?

[ January 30, 2002 at 09:18 PM: Message edited by: Pabs ]</p>

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Originally posted by Pabs:
    I firmly believe that the band wasn't too thrilled with their bill from Sonic.net for van-halen.com after seeing what it was from 1997 to September 2000.
    Granted VH don't seem to have a manager, but do you really think the band would even be aware of what their website is costing them? Hard to imagine a band as established as VH keeping tabs on these things.

Sinner's Swing! 79th and Sunset's Avatar
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 12:35 PM
    Liked 16 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member
    Maybe the new lawyer they now have is helping them with financial decisions ?

Has anyone done any homework on the lawyer they now have, since Engel is apparently out of the picture ? Is that confirmed ? Curious.....

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by Glenn:
    Granted VH don't seem to have a manager, but do you really think the band would even be aware of what their website is costing them? Hard to imagine a band as established as VH keeping tabs on these things.
    I think so yes. When they aren't making money, I would hope they are keeping tabs on what is being spent.

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

all, but esp WACF
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by 79th and Sunset:
    Maybe the new lawyer they now have is helping them with financial decisions ?

Has anyone done any homework on the lawyer they now have, since Engel is apparently out of the picture ? Is that confirmed ? Curious.....
    dude, i think i read somewhere that it's Ed's personal lawyer. Could be wrong though.
    The pessimist says the cup is half empty. The optimist says it's half full. The pragmatist says its liquid contents are at 50% capacity. The ironist says its half full of air. The plumber says the cup must be leaking. George Carlin says the cup is too big. The Starbucks employee says its so you have room for cream. The conspiracy theorist says aliens took the other half. The baseball player says his cup is definitely full. MacGuyver says he can build a powerful explosive with it. The psychoanalyst says the cup is your mother. The punk sitting next to you also says the cup is your mother. The romance novelist says the cup is a willing receptacle to the wild gushing torrents of pure passion from the hard chiseled urn. The zen master says There is no cup. Pamela Anderson says her cups are definitely full. Me? Refill!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

The Full Bug (of course)
    Last Online

07.31.15 @ 09:17 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by FORD:

That's the way I saw it too FORD. We all weathered the MJ's and TBS's but when two legit guys posted what they heard and Starks started calling Bullshit... it trully did hit the fan.
    All I can say is... Sorry 'bout that folks...
    "I think the fact that FBAZ ain't makin' a grave and dancing all over it puts him on a high-enough road.But for those of us who like to pull our smokin' donuts on the low road, FBAZ ain't gloatin' near enough..." - The Slawterhouse Bug