Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Yeah, the Sam and Dave tour hasn't exactly brought out the best in people. Some folks can't seem to seperate themselves from their hero, or accept that not everybody is singing the praises along with them.

But hey, what's life without a little irrational hero worship, right? [img]smile.gif[/img]

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

They All Rock!
    Favorite VH Song

See Above
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I've been lurking around this board for a couple of years now, constantly checking for any real news. I never really felt the need to post, until now! I've been a Van Halen fan since the first time I saw them live in 1975. I loved them with Dave and I loved them with Sammy. To put it simply, for me there is no better rock and roll band. They personify all that is hip and right with the world for me. That said, it seems to me that the Dave versus Sammy crap has really gotten alot worse lately. The facts are this: Without Eddie, Al and Mike I doubt you or I would have ever heard of David Lee Roth, and without Dave, Van Halen wouldn't have been the incredible band that they became. Likewise, Sammy would never have achieved the wealth or fame he enjoys today without being a part of Van Halen. We could argue all day about who's the better singer, the better songwriter or the better frontman. Dave wrote great songs, definitely some of the most classic rock ever created. But so did Sammy. This notion that Sammy can only write ballads is ridiculous. Take a look at the catalog during the Sammy years, a few ballads yes, but what about the other two or three dozen rockers? Some of the ballads really aren't ballads at all, for instance Feelin' and Not Enough from Balance. While they're melodic and nice in some sections, they still rock. I guess it's just sexier to bash somebody. These guys who say "the band died in 1985 for me" and have "Van Halen RIP: 1985" in their sigs make me ill. I'm sure i'll be called a sheep or whatever for saying this, but i'm a Van Halen fan, not a David Lee Roth fan or a Sammy Hagar fan. You guys who want to bash one or the other should do it over at the Army or at one of the many Hagar discussion forums, but this one should be for Van Halen fans. I'll probably never post here again cause I don't like getting into flame wars with people I'll never meet or care to. I'm sure that'll piss a few folks off and I'll get flamed for that too. I don't care! Oh yeah, by the way, Eddie Van Halen is the most talented, influential and important guitarist in the history of recorded music. Regardless of what he may be doing (or not doing) now, he remains the greatest who ever picked up the instrument. We will feel his influence for decades to come. You can throw Steve Vai, Eric Johnson, Joe Satriani or whoever at me, but who do you think will be remembered 100 years from now? And now you know.....The Whole Truth!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Last Online

01.15.14 @ 05:39 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

GREAT POST!!!
    A headless body in a topless bar...

Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

strung out....
    Last Online

02.28.14 @ 07:54 PM
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

right on bro....

Last Online

12.07.17 @ 01:08 PM
    Liked 10 Times in 5 Posts

Excellent Post.

The Whole Truth and Nothing But the Truth,

so help me Van Halen!!!!

[img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

07.09.17 @ 06:30 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 3 Posts

Nice to have you aboard. I agree that the whole Dave vs. Sammy thing has been beaten into the ground way too much. Let's just appreciate each singers abilities and the big part they played in Van Halen. We all might have are favorite but that's no reason to bash the other guy.
    "It's now officially 5150 time!!!"

Last Online

03.29.06 @ 01:41 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You think the Dave vs. Sammy thing has been done to death now? If (and that's a BIG if) the Van Halen with Dave & Sammy reunion tour happens, you ain't seen nothing yet!
    "You guys never forced your babysitter to put her dirty feet all over your back-bottom while you handled up onto a tattered quilt?" - Fake Greggo
    "I like to put peaches in my panties and dance around until my knees bleed, Chuck." - Fake Billy Tubbs

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

07.09.17 @ 06:30 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 3 Posts

How can the Dave, Sam, VH reunion thing happen when Ed and Al can't get along with one vocalist never mine a second one? I'd be perfectly content with either Dave or Sam.

[ August 13, 2002, 05:06 PM: Message edited by: Mario VH ]
    "It's now officially 5150 time!!!"