Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Little Dreamer
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey All,

Regardless of the recent information provided by Sammy Hagar is true or not...one thing is without a doubt:if this kind of talk is remotely true at this stage in the game...VH with DLR, will not be able to continue past one album and tour. There will be no longevity within VH and this WILL be their farewell musical statement, as a band.

Now if all you want is one final VH album with DLR that kicks major ass...then they are on the right path and you will be more than happy with the final product. However, if you are like me...you want to see numerous VH CD's before the words "farewell" are used. The answer for me is to get Sammy Hagar back or try the "Santana" type thing and get numerous vocalists to sing each track (Coverdale/Bach/Glenn Hughes/Chris Cornell etc.). The singer who gets the best response from fans...will be awarded the lead vocal spot in VH. I know that this is not realistic, but maybe VH should be asking the fans who should sing for the band (if not DLR/Hagar). At this point, I don't think Eddie has a clue...who is right for the band. If this was the case...they would not have chosen Gary Cherone. I think that it is a great idea and it will give VH huge publicity (similar to DC Comic "Batman" and the choice of "Robin" living or dying by the readers voting).

All I can say that this will be the final VH album and tour with DLR (hence the end of the band that we all love). Mark my words. Do we really want a band that hate each other or do we want a band that really has a future. If VH3 was any good...Cherone would still be in VH, so I don't think that he has anything to do with the poor sales. If you put out wicked product...people will pick it up. Like him or hate him...if David Coverdale did a one-off album with Eddie Van Halen. It would be incredible...like Coverdale/Page was. He and VH certainly would have created something vastly more interesting than VH3. I have heard David Coverdale's Into The Light album and there is nothing CHEESE about it. In fact...the song "The River/Into The Light" damn well should be on a VH album. It blows away DLR solo and the entire Sammy Hagar VH experience. One song does this (check it out at Melodic Rock)...written by David Coverdale. The man is NOT down and out in either the vocal or songwriting deparment...regardless of what people here think.

The bottom line is that while VH with DLR should be together, they can't remain together to again achieve greatness. It is just not going to happen...they are too different. I want VH to be around forever...how can this be acheived with such anger within the band. I am sorry, but that "cancer" (DLR)...has to be cut loose. Get Sammy...I am positive that their problems can be resolved.

What is your opinion?

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning=Dave 5150=Sammy
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained or Summer Nights
    Last Online

11.09.16 @ 04:17 AM
    Liked 65 Times in 41 Posts

As I understand from what I have heard here at least Gary Cherone was pushed on VH by one Ray Daniels?? Or was I dreaming that ???

------------------
    IS IT VAN ROTH? OR VAN HAGAR? OR VAN CHERONE? NO MOTHERFUCKER IT IS VAN HALEN!!!!

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

I think referring to Dave as a cancer is a little rough.

No matter who the singer is, it's not like Van Halen is likely to be around for another 10 years. All of them are in their mid to late forties, and it's difficult to imagine them touring arenas and making rock and roll albums when they're in there mid fifties. And Sammy is already in his mid fifties, so it's not like he's going to be fronting Van Halen when he's sixty years old.

And Eddie doesn't need me to tell him who to get as a singer, he's done pretty good so far without consulting me for an opinion.

Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:55 PM
    Liked 197 Times in 123 Posts

I don't know if the multiple singer idea is a good idea. I think that Supernatural was bad album. And I thought Jason Todd was the best Robin LOL! I also think that a David Coverdale/VH album would be great! But most of the fans want the return of the original VH after all these years. I agree that it probably won't last. But VH didn't do what the fans wanted a few years ago, the return of DLR or keeping Sammy in the band. It wasn't a great move by them. VH III was their lowest selling album. Now I think that they know if they want to get back on top, their best choice would be to get back DLR. They will still be able to get another singer if that reunion doesn't last. I hope that if it doesn't, they will decide to bring back Sammy Hagar. Or if they decide get a new singer in the future it is David Coverdale.

------------------
    Right Now you're reading my post!
    Here's a shot heard round the world...
    Sometimes I just want to do nothing...

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey All,

OK...maybe "cancer" is a little much to describe DLR, but it makes me ill knowing that VH would be writing a third post Hagar album by now with a vocalist who is more responsible and dedicated to VH than DLR is.

As well...maybe a multiple vocalist album is not the answer, but something has to be done to resurrect VH. I DON'T believe that DLR is the ONLY answer to do this.

Hey Yankee Rose...have you heard the new David Coverdale (you can hear snipets at Melodic Rock). I have heard it all and it is the absolute best thing that he has ever done (besides Coverdale/Page). It is very well written and performed with excellence. Quite brilliant.

The musicians on the album are:

David Coverdale

Earl Slick:Guitar (John Lennon, David Bowie)

Doug Bossi:Guitar (New hotshot, don't know him, but his playing is fiery)

Marco Mendoza:Bass (Very hot session bassist, has worked with everyone)

Denny Carmassirums (Montrose, Heart, Sammy Hagar, Coverdale/Page)

Mike Finnegan:Keyboards (Jimi Hendrix's Electic Ladyland)

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 05:56 PM
    Liked 65 Times in 36 Posts

Premium Member
    Moving this to opinions/speculation forum. Despite powerhouse/Cinematic Souls trademake of stating opinions as facts, they are just opinions - not that theres anything wrong with that

Rocking this over to opinions. Boozy boozy BOP!

------------------
    A little zen... Headed your way...

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Powerhouse:

OK...maybe "cancer" is a little much to describe DLR, but it makes me ill knowing that VH would be writing a third post Hagar album by now with a vocalist who is more responsible and dedicated to VH than DLR is.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I don't see how you can describe Dave as not being dedicated to Van Halen. Sure, he was the one that left the band in 85, but it seems to me that was because he couldn't sit still. If there had been a VH project on the table, I believe he would have stayed. If VH releases an album with Dave, I think Dave will be the one, more than the other three, that will want to get out and tour for as long as possible. Where Mike, Ed, and Al have, quite rightly, family ties pulling them home, Dave seems to be a wanderer who wants to live the life that VH provides him. Part of that may be selfishness on Dave's part, but I also believe that a good part of it is Dave's love of VH and his desire to wave the VH flag. Just my opinion.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

05.28.08 @ 07:33 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You're right Glenn. Dave is totally dedicated to whatever he does, so I don't see how someone could say he wasn't dedicated to VH. Hell, the man designed damn near every album cover, T-Shirt, poster, tour program, etc, and was always pushing the band to the media. In fact, he probably did more for the band than any manager they have ever had.

------------------
    DLR Army webmaster

http://www.dlrarmy.com

Baluchitherium
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Powerhouse:
    Hey All,

VH with DLR, will not be able to continue past one album and tour. There will be no longevity within VH and this WILL be their farewell musical statement, as a band.

The bottom line is that while VH with DLR should be together, they can't remain together to again achieve greatness. It is just not going to happen...they are too different. I want VH to be around forever...how can this be acheived with such anger within the band. I am sorry, but that "cancer" (DLR)...has to be cut loose. Get Sammy...I am positive that their problems can be resolved.

What is your opinion?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    IMO.....I think anything could be overcome...

I also have to say.....NO ONE IS TALKING!!
    "Insiders don't count"
    I want to hear it from the band that there is anger of the past-or that things aren't working out.......just because there was anger in the past, doesn't mean there is now.....

The problem here....is too many people judge past mistakes and project them into the present/future happenings......BULLSHIT!!!
    And who is keeping score????We are...the FANS.......
    I don't know if the people in the band itself
    have a hard time letting go of old garbage (I'm sure the therapists are helping tremendously)....but I don't think Sammy would be any better off in this situation than Dave
    To say the least, I would love for VH to
    continue to make music.......but not with a
    bunch of new singers......

------------------
    "Eddie Van Halen? That man could play a symphony with his ass hairs"-some old man

Top Of The World
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

As far as VH being too old to tour...I have three words...The Rolling Stones.

(How the fuck is Keith Richards even still alive, I ask you?? He looks like a walking advertisement for an emblaming fluid company. But...he still rocks.)

------------------
    "Its a dog eat dog world, and I'm wearing Milkbone underwear."

Grateful Van Priest

Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:55 PM
    Liked 197 Times in 123 Posts

Hey Powerhouse,

The only song I heard was Cry For Love from the new Coverdale album. I downloaded it from Melodicrock. I thought it was really good! It sounds like it is more blues than rock. I also think that Coverdale's voice is as good as it ever was. I will try to download The River tonight if that is the best song off the album. David Coverdale finally has a Official site! www.davidcoverdale.com

I was looking for the release date of the new album but I couldn't find it. When is it going to be released?

------------------
    Right Now you're reading my post!
    Here's a shot heard round the world...
    Sometimes I just want to do nothing...

[This message has been edited by YankeeRose (edited September 12, 2000 at 10:55 AM).]

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey All,

Well maybe I should clarify my statement about DLR not being dedicated and serious about VH. I was not talking about his past with the band, I was talking about the future. Cause his ONLY interest now is to resurrect his career. His first priority is himself...anyone watching the VH reunion at the MTV awards could see that.

As well, it is moronic to believe that VH could not be around 10 years from now. If they can still play, perform and write...why the hell not. Are Aerosmith and Ozzy Osbourne better than VH?...cause they ain't retiring anytime soon. With Sammy...they have a great future with great music. With Dave...we have a great album and a future news item that DLR is no longer in the band.

Hey Yankee Rose,

David Coverdale's Into The Light comes out on September 20th and the 25th (Japanese and UK versions). I don't know where you live, but it will be an import, as David does not have an American/Canadian deal.

If you can only download a couple of songs, pick the following:

1. The River
    2. She Gives Me...
    3. Slave

They are incredible.

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

well i hope that dave is back,its like i read a few posts back about van halen getting older,not to say i dont think they could be around for ten more years but my OPINION is that dave is the only one that can ressurect the GREAT vh, if they dont make but a couple of albums,what the hell atleast they tried,IF van halen decided to retire in a number of years i think it would be a great legacy to go out with dave as the frontman,LEGENDARY...no offense to hagar but, i think daves the man for VH and sammy is to good by hisself, i dont see him wanting to go back to VH
    i was about 15 when i hearrd panama on the radio,then i went to the store and bought 1984 as soon as possible,after that i went back and got the other five albums asap,the next thing i know... this undescribable band i just got into was parting with their frontman,later in 85 i saw a (sort of) interview with dave outside of some mtv event,(probably mva's) he was sitting on a motorcycle and with a big grin he said its "1985"time to move on to bigger and better things(dont think it went as expected)anyway ill admit when 5150 came out i bought it,it was good,but every time i listened all i could think is this just aint the same.i wnt to the concert&lt;draGGING MY SISTER AND BROTH. INLAW and yes it was a good show,sammy tried to sing some dave songs,and did as well as could be expected,i see (in the audience) a banner that said"dave who?" and i think to myself,huh...not that easy for me because,while at the show,leaving the show,and to this day i think,"damn,if only it was dave up there at that show" and wishing i had seen the ORIGINAL great VH in concert. later i bought one more vh album(the one with poundcake)good song, but still i was thinking through everry song,damn,this just aint right,just not the VH i wanna hear.
    now i just hope i get that chance to see my interpretation of the MIGHTY VAN HALEN do the show that will be the most remembered concert i have ever seen.

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I read your first post and took it with a grain of salt. Upon reading your second post, I decided to respond.

Describing DLR as "cancer" was entirely overboard. Even though I don't personally support the Sammy era, I would never say something like that about him (or Gary for that matter).

Would like to know why you think the the Van Halen brothers could solve their problems with Sammy and not Dave? Remember, VH has gone through 3 singers already...so it can't be just Dave.

As far as your second post, I think DLR IS responsible and dedicated to Van Halen. He was ready to reconvene in '96, as I hope he is now. I think dedication is evident from their years together in the clubs trying to make a name for themselves...the publicity, the shows, the attitude, etc. I think every move was calulated and DLR had a major part in creating/maintaining the original VH reputation. He remembers what it took VH to get to the top - from the beginning. NOBODY else will ever get it if they weren't there at the band's inception. The hunger won't be there. Sammy joined once the band was established, as did Gary. I just can't think of anyone else that would "get it" and take VH to another level.

As far as one final VH album with DLR that kicks major ass...yes, I would take it.

In my opinion (for what it's worth)...I would rather see Van Halen (with DLR) go out with a BANG instead of a WHIMPER.

I see this as their last chance at redemption. I don't think they will survive with a 4th vocalist.

Fans of all 3 eras, please do not take offense.

Sorry for the ramble!

------------------
    "My belligerent enthusiasm is as optimistic as ever" - DLR

[This message has been edited by kat (edited September 12, 2000 at 12:23 AM).]

Imperial Fascist Overlord Down In Flames's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

@
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

If Dave's a "cancer" then Cover-rection is the goddamn EBOLA Virus.

The Sammy tape is BS. No truth to it.

Word to the momma of whatever prick made that false-ass tape.

He made Sammy look like a jerk, and that's not fair.

Just for the record - Dave's back.

You're a humorous dude, Powerhouse. Keep up the comedy, my man...

------------------
    "Sayonara, Suicide, Hari-Kari, Kamikaze, you won't see another evening, bye-bye..."

Official Bartender Of VHLinks