Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Unchained
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

im the biggest fan of dave.
    i enjoy samm and enjoyed the vh3 album

this sam and dave tour was a great ideal.
    i got so excited when it came to phoenix.
    i had seen dave at the local club here with his old dlr band. with bart walsh and dave rocked the house. put on one of the greatest shows ive ever seen. with exception to hitting no high notes.
    the band sounded great.
    now getting to the subject matter i want to talk about.
    sam and dave tour was suppose to be good.
    so far sam is shineing even thou his band isnt quite sounding great.
    david lee roth on other hand is being outshined by his band...... fact..
    but whos ideal is it to leave out the intro to hot for teacher.??
    that is the only low piont of the band of daves. other than a lame lifeless stage.
    dave has been so still on stage and acting like he is wanting to be taken serious in some aspects . but he is also still acting like he was in 1983 is that good or bad, i dont really care, but get your head out of your ass dave. talk to the crowds. interact with them. and dont be afraid to let someone share the stasge with you...
    listen to the fans dave they want you
    they want you too sing the songs and have fun we want to know your haven fun.
    we can tell when you are.
    add something to your sets other than lame ass lights all same color.
    and spilling whiskey allover stage is risky
    considering you allmost busted your ass on stage.
    and one more thing dave. when you walk out on stage, dont walk out like you are a self centered basterd.

i love dave the diamond one, but this tour has pissed me off in ways.
    seeing that you want to be the life of the party. maybe you were at one time, now days you have to earn that respect, especially with sammy being your competition/
    so sing dave have fun and change a little.
    please play some fuckn solo shit. yankke rose was a crowd favorite. that is a sign .
    dave listen to us a little. you are setting yourself up for complete dead end street.
    there were so many people walking out in phoenix, cause your show sucked.
    i know you can do better.
    ive seen you in 1999
    smaller venues are a definet plus.
    c mon dave give us a break.
    step up and show us what your all about,
    stop showing us how much you wanna fuck some slut in the audience. we all wanna do that.
    [img]redface.gif[/img]
    (( back up bitch! i missed the order box, move your ass back please , so i can order my food,((well if you would have pulled up to the right place in first place.,. look lady back the fuck up or im gonna cap your ass!! yeah uh ill take a#4 quarter pounder plain with cheese only.!!!! drive thru please !!

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

what his drummer could not do the intro for hot for teacher? i seen a vh cover band (diver down) their drummer did it and did it good.
    any way if dave is still acting like he did back then this is why ed will not take him back because he knows it wont last.
    van halen shall return. what you think is nothing might be something after all.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 08:37 PM
    Liked 967 Times in 387 Posts

i don't know why people keep saying sam's band does not sound good

if you are measuring it in terms of playing like sammy era van halen note for note, then no they don't. but overall thir sound has been right on! when i saw em at devore they were crisp, loud, and damn tight!

even if dave does come back, i can't see it being long term

ed is trying to decide...do i go the anticlimactic route with sam and have longevity? or do i get dave and one or tow more albums and tours and give most fans what they want?

ed is struggling with this one you can bet!

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

well ray can play the intro to hotforteacher
    but he didnt play it im saying, i seen him play it in 1999 but he left it out this time,
    thats a kick ass bit to leave out of a song the drum intro.
    as far as sammy band there ok. just not great
    and his solo stuff is weak thats all there is to it, now vics own songs he does great, why cause he wrote them with sam...
    vic is ok but he is no bart walsh, or no brian young or no steve vai or no eddie fucken halen.
    he not even that guitarist from l.a guns lol
    dont get me wrong he is ok.
    but dave loosen up buddy.
    i heard the show in washington was great.
    by both dave sam. i know that phoenix show was not as good because of the venue. cricket isnt the best for sound acoustic. amen later keep on rock sam and dave to san diego so i can see yall again
    (( back up bitch! i missed the order box, move your ass back please , so i can order my food,((well if you would have pulled up to the right place in first place.,. look lady back the fuck up or im gonna cap your ass!! yeah uh ill take a#4 quarter pounder plain with cheese only.!!!! drive thru please !!

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

YOU'VE GOT TO BE FUCKING KIDDING ME!!!!!!How could a REAL Van Halen fan complain 'bout the mighty Diamond Dave's work on this a here tour?????? Amazing setlist, a shit-hot band, a Brazillian jujitzu ol' school bad to tha bone clop in the chops in yo face ATOMIC PUNK slam dunk style of Rothnroll, a lil' luck an' attitude, an' his voice sounds a hurricane bein' forced through a straw--I love how Chedheads used to complain 'bout Roth's moves or antics--nah they're still bitchin' 'bout...they are talkin' loud ain't sayin' NUTHIN'!!!!!!

Thanks to the mighty DLR an' his band for puttin' on an amazing, amazin' show!!!!! Nice work, Roth!!!!!! An' thanks to the lil' troll for stayin' true to form an' deliverin' a few decent cuts an' all kindza Buffett-style horseshit!!!!!! [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars/Unchained (tie)
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Memo to Dave:

If you haven't already filed the restraining order, do it SOON...

SBS
    What, me, worry?

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Memo to Sir Bullshit Sound:

Shut the fuck up you WANKER.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hit the ground runnin'
    Last Online

06.03.10 @ 11:18 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by SirBrownSound:

Memo to Dave:

SBS
    That is WEAK!
    EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

"Please don't take my teddy bear... Please!!!" - diamondsgirl's Oscar nominated dramatic scene for best actress of 2007

"and by Van Halen, I mean David Lee Roth" - diamondsgirl on Van Halen

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Blind Willie Loons:

Pretty fucking funny coming from a sad, sycophant loser living in the grey-tufted folds of Dave's scrotum.

Dude, back up and check out just how pathetic you sound at times.

SBS
    What, me, worry?

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Ou812max:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by SirBrownSound:

Memo to Dave:

SBS
    That is WEAK!</font>[/QUOTE]And THAT wasn't?!

LMFAO!

SBS
    What, me, worry?

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hit the ground runnin'
    Last Online

06.03.10 @ 11:18 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Ou812max:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by SirBrownSound:

Memo to Dave:

SBS
    That is WEAK!</font>[/QUOTE]And THAT wasn't?!

LMFAO!

SBS
    </font>[/QUOTE]Brownsound go for laugh. He no get. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

"Please don't take my teddy bear... Please!!!" - diamondsgirl's Oscar nominated dramatic scene for best actress of 2007

"and by Van Halen, I mean David Lee Roth" - diamondsgirl on Van Halen

Unchained
    Last Online

01.28.16 @ 01:53 PM
    Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts

Considering that Dave has lived the rock star life for a great many years, possibly has a taste for smoking the herb, and 6 VH albums and tours worth of the most wicked death yell you will ever hear on record, I figure what I saw from him on this current tour was top shelf. No fucking gimmicks, very few one-liners, no props, no fucking hottie waitresses, no freakin' light show, no bleachers on stage, no rack footage on the big screen, just straight ahead rock and roll the best he can deliver. To any and all who put him down for doing the best he can, please enlighten the rest of us when and where you have done better. Anyone who doesn't expect Dave to walk onstage like he owns the place is so far out of the loop, I have no idea how you have stumbled into such foreign territory.

David Lee Roth will never be able to sing the highest notes live like in his youth, never be able to rip off a blood curdling death yell live, like on the early records, and probably will catch less and less air on his drum riser leap as the tour goes on, but this is nothing less than watching an athlete in his later years, and while he may not be able to do everything like he did during his prime, there are some choice moments, where he will hit a high note, rip off a scream, or sing a song like Little Dreamer, and if you close your eyes, it takes you back, back to the best times there were, and when you open 'em back up, it's here and now, and for that I thank Dave and Sammy both for trying to give us a little bit of yesterday today.

I think alot of people are really missing the point about what all eras of Van Halen music really were about. It's easily understandable seeing that we are the dysfunctional fans of the most dysfunctional band of all time. But it takes a big set to rag on a guy like Dave who has been there and back, and goes out there knowing the other cat is one hell of a "singer" and still goes out there and gives it everything he has, and from all the sincere reviews I've read, most people have been digging all the music at the shows.

These fuckers who want to talk about the mass exodus to the parking lot during anyone's set, get a fucking life. These guys are way past their best years for what they do, and it's some cool shit for them to be bringing this tour to us. There's not a fucker on this site who can go where either Sam or Dave have been, so until someone has the game to match, shut the fuck up!
    John 3:16, Can You Dig It?

People, the 6 wings of the Mighty Van Halen will fly again! Can You Dig It?

You gotta give more than you take! Can You Dig it?

And underneath the arch, it turned into a march,
    and there He found a spark to set this fucker off!
    Set it off, set it off now children,set if off!

We are down the road! I Can Dig It! Can You?

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen I
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I don't know about anyone else, but when I plopp down my hard earned money to see a concert, the artist had better do more than stroll the stage from sided to side, or have a stripped down stage set up, or not interact with the audience, or have no light show, or "pace" himself during his set. I want to see something spectacular. If I just wanted to hear the music, I would save myself the money and just buy the CD. This is "the" concert tour of the year. This is "the" time to shine. I've been hearing excuse after excuse about Dave not being the Dave of the 80's. So fucking what! Neither is Sammy. I've yet to hear anyone complain about Sammy having a stripped down set, or that he "paces" himself, or he's not as young as he used to be. Stop making excuses and deliver the goods 100% or pack it up and go home. And as far as a VH reunion is concerned, Michael Anthony jamming with Sammy and not Dave speaks volumes. Nuff said.
    "The truth hurts."

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Blind Willie Loons:

Pretty fucking funny coming from a sad, sycophant loser living in the grey-tufted folds of Dave's scrotum.

Dude, back up and check out just how pathetic you sound at times.

SBS
    </font>[/QUOTE]Why don't you take your dictionary and your thesaurus and SHOVE THEM UP YOUR ASS?!!!!!!

BWL