Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have this funny feeling that Ed's health is still an issue. My theory is that Ed will not go balls-to-the-wall with recording until he is cured of cancer. I think Dave knows Ed's recovery will take more time and is itchin' to get out and tour. I'm not saying that Dave will be in once Ed is cured (if he ever gets cured...those pictures of him smoking at the golf tournament lead me to believe he'll never quit and possibly never cure himself of cancer); all I'm saying is Dave is going to keep himself busy and get into shape just in case there is a reunion at a later date.

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance The Night Away
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey BigDogShit,

At least Dave recorded 3 songs with Van Halen in the past year! Whether those songs surface despite what Edward has said, and he has changed his mind on a number of things! Not officially in yet, but get your hanky ready when it does happen, then maybe we won't have to hear your Sam bullshit anymore! [img]smilies/cry.gif[/img] [img]smilies/cry.gif[/img] [img]smilies/cry.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 03:54 AM
    Liked 742 Times in 409 Posts

Premium Member
    Ohhh boy. Here we go.

Just because Dave and Ed can't get along - doesn't mean we can't. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
    Winners come and go; legends are forever.

Top Of The World
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Brownsound2000:
    Hey BigDogShit,

At least Dave recorded 3 songs with Van Halen in the past year! Whether those songs surface despite what Edward has said, and he has changed his mind on a number of things! Not officially in yet, but get your hanky ready when it does happen, then maybe we won't have to hear your Sam bullshit anymore! [img]smilies/cry.gif[/img] [img]smilies/cry.gif[/img] [img]smilies/cry.gif[/img]
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Was this in responce to something in a different thread? Who is BigDogShit?
    [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img]
    <i>"The great controversy will be ended, and the Mighty Van Halen shall reign forever. Amen."</i>

Favorite VH Album

All!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

08.02.17 @ 01:12 PM
    Liked 11 Times in 2 Posts

I really think all of this has more to do with Ed's health than anything. If it helps, I stepped in some BigDogShit recently. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
    Over 17 years on the links!!
    ROLL DAMN TIDE!!
    First time I heard Unchained, I thought the lyrics were...."Blue-eyed mutha in a slashed white dress!"
    STAY FROSTY FRIENDS!

Favorite VH Album

All!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

I really think all of this has more to do with Ed's health than anything. If it helps, I stepped in some BigDogShit recently. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
    ROLL DAMN TIDE!!
    First time I heard Unchained, I thought the lyrics were...."Blue-eyed mutha in a slashed white dress!"
    STAY FROSTY FRIENDS!

Favorite VH Album

All!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

oops, sorry. didn't mean to post it three times. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ May 30, 2001 at 07:49 PM: Message edited by: esquiretoo ]
    ROLL DAMN TIDE!!
    STAY FROSTY FRIENDS!

Top Of The World
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well, this is a pretty strange thread so far. And I think I'm rather enjoying it [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
    <i>"The great controversy will be ended, and the Mighty Van Halen shall reign forever. Amen."</i>

Imperial Fascist Overlord Down In Flames's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

@
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Brownsound2000:
    Hey BigDogShit,

At least Dave recorded 3 songs with Van Halen in the past year! Whether those songs surface despite what Edward has said, and he has changed his mind on a number of things! Not officially in yet, but get your hanky ready when it does happen, then maybe we won't have to hear your Sam bullshit anymore! [img]smilies/cry.gif[/img] [img]smilies/cry.gif[/img] [img]smilies/cry.gif[/img] <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can't you make a point, legitimately? Without the nastiness? [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img]

Bigdog hasn't even posted in this thread, yet you're flaming him.

Talk about bullshit...
    http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/images/avatars/michael3.jpg

"You are the McCarthy of this board. The witch burner." - strungout, on yours truly

"Only Eddymon would claim victory during a FOUR game losing streak." - OLO

"Did I not say, 'I think we should shoot him!' I did. Double rainbow on this end. I require a high five. Out."- track 5, on the delicate art of banning

"If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire..."

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

All of em
    Last Online

06.14.07 @ 11:43 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

**YAWN**

Huh?? Big Dog where??? What shit? Did I step in it??? **Cough** What time is it? Hell, what year is it? Heard that our president getting a little side action from some dark haired chick named Monica....And by the way, where is VH's follow up to Balance? Is Sammy sick or something??? Can't wait until the New Van Halen album with Samm......ZZZZZZZZZZZ **INHALE** ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ....**YAWN**ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ**Droo l**...ZZZZZ..etc.
    Shhhh, Do not open until X-mas.
    Happy Daze
    "They say a song without vocals is not a song, tell Beethoven that and he'll kick your ass."<br /> Edward Van Halen

Last Online

09.04.17 @ 05:32 AM
    Liked 62 Times in 32 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by esquiretoo:
    ... I stepped in some BigDogShit recently. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cool. [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img] I like to roll around naked in dogshit and then run around the neighborhood yelling "BOOGIE , BOOGIE , BOOGIE!" [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/devil.gif[/img]
    "Gully, watch yourself. I am dead serious." - Brett Norton, Emperor of VHLinks.com

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Okay, I want to see some Opinions and some Speculation in this thread now before I have to resort to the big dog shit.

Remember, I fling poo! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
    "Just once I'd like to do the right thing and not get punished for it."

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

It's my opinion that it's time to speculate. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I think Ed has some kind of health problem still. Whether it's cancer or something else, we'll likely never know, but seeing him at that golf tournament, he just looks sick. Certainly not in any condition to be going on a world tour or fighting an ego battle inside planet VH.

BUT, I don't think the delay has that much to do with that. I just don't think Eddie wants to, or believes he can, work with Dave anymore. When they wrote together last year, if there had been any creative spark, or any ability to repair the personal relationship, I believe that at some point over the next year they would have gotten together again to throw ideas around.

The fact that they didn't get together again after that tells me that personally and professionally, Eddie just doesn't want to work with Dave anymore.

The only thing that's going to save this now is the money truck backing up to the door with an offer Eddie can't refuse; "put up with Dave for 18 months and you'll get 30 million dollars for it" type of thing. Even if they do this, I'm now totally convinced (before I was only 99% convinced) that the most we'll get is one album and one tour. But I've lost faith that we're even going to get that.

I think there's a very good chance that it's over, and frankly I'm pretty convinced it should be over. Dave's point about not needing to be friends to make great music is relevant, but in this case I think it's a waste of time to get together if one of the parties genuinely doesn't want to be there. That's not good for the art, and that's what should be the priority.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 12:07 AM
    Liked 65 Times in 36 Posts

Premium Member
    Get YOUR big dog shit together BS2000, he aint even posted in here!

Moving to opinions/speculation.
    A little zen....... Headed your way.......

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

*whispers* Sammy Hagar

What? Oh, sorry, just talking to myself again [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Seriously though, I think the "Ed's Health" as an issue is thrown around too much. Kind of like the legal battle with Danniels over the past year plus. Maybe Eddie isn't healthy enough to go on tour, but I think Glenn has a great point. Eddie, or perhaps Eddie and Alex, just cannot and do not want to work with Dave anymore. End of story. And honestly, I wouldn't WANT them to if they didn't want to. That would be the biggest musical sell out this side of Kiss and Metallica.

Strong emotions may make for great music from the band, but I'd rather not risk total self-destruction one album in and have some "safe" music from Eddie. He isn't a kid anymore, he shouldn't have to try and change the world with each new album. Living up to his past legacy should be sufficient enough.
    "Just once I'd like to do the right thing and not get punished for it."