Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Last Online

12.13.11 @ 02:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

You're a pisser Lance. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] I agree that Sammy technically has a better voice. But, it is annoying. And as far as a person goes Roth is straight forward. Where Sammy is a fake, deceiving, liar, manipulator and a back stabber.

Good Luck defending yourself in this thread once the Redtarts read it. You gonna hear all kinds of bullshit.

One way or another DLR will get bashed in this thread and its not even about him. [img]graemlins/sssh.gif[/img]

[ September 13, 2002, 03:54 AM: Message edited by: EVH FANATIC ]

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars/Unchained (tie)
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Kinda like the way Dave sounds like a cat being slowly castrated with a rusty butterknife, or maybe someone who's gargled with Drano every day for 30 years; or perhaps a laryngitic wino with throat cancer... oh yeah, Dave is so much less annoying to hear croaking out show tunes on Letterman like Wayne Newton on heroin.

And then there's that fabled stage presence of Dave's... who could ever forget all those classic one-liners; "Look at all the fuckin' people here tonight...", "let's all go across the street and get drunk!", or "I forgot the fuckin' words!", especially when he's been delivering the same exact, VERBATIM stage rants for over 20 years without any sort of change or deviation from the script whatsoever. Boy, he sure knows how to keep HIS act fresh, doesn't he? And what's not to love about a guy who will launch into one of your favorite songs only to pull the plug halfway through the first verse because he's too fucked up to remember the rest, Dave's a consummate professional, alright! And who needs hair to be a rock star, anyway? I mean really, NOTHING says "sexy" like a phat combover!

And then there's his larger-than-life persona... the endless strings of hackneyed & predictable, semi-coherent one-liners delivered with the most stoned-looking, slack-jawed grin ever; sorta like he just shot up 12 speedballs and chased it with a stiff shot of laquer thinner. The epic way he babbles about such brilliant topics as "goldfish in his bongwater" while the audience and interviewer watch in stone-faced incredulity a guy who used to be one of the greatest frontmen in rock, well... besides Jim Dandy, that is... (you know, the guy he stole his whole act, persona and look from?) transmogrify himself into a burnout charicature.

Yeah, you're 100% right, Lance; who in their right mind would want to hear someone who can consistently sing in key with an infinitely wider range and greater control when they could have someone else who "sings" about every third word live, can't hit half the notes he used to and has been incessantly rehashing the EXACT same schtick for well over 20 years now? What WERE we thinking?!

Ya know, I expect this kind of inane, pointless and just plain stupid blather from the usual suspect limp-wit Rothophants around here, but this shit's beneath you, Lance. It's a pity, too; I actually used to look forward to reading your posts. Still, it's a free country, and if you want to lump yourself in with the rest of the australopithecine Army trolls, more power to ya!

SBS

[ September 13, 2002, 04:38 AM: Message edited by: SirBrownSound ]
    What, me, worry?

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

08.22.12 @ 09:58 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by SirBrownSound:

Ya know, I expect this kind of inane, pointless and just plain stupid blather from the usual suspect limp-wit Rothophants around here, but this shit's beneath you, Lance. It's a pity, too; I actually used to look forward to reading your posts. Still, it's a free country, and if you want to lump yourself in with the rest of the australopithecine Army trolls, more power to ya!

SBS
    You're correct. That Sam attack was out of character.

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Streets
    Last Online

07.30.08 @ 05:58 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Lance kind of hit it on the head here. On thematter of the pajamas, I find it kind of humerous how as Van Hagar imploded, they tried to reign in Sammy's look to appeal to the grunge crowd more. Eddie cut his hair and grew the prison pussy, and they all wore jeans and flannel shirts - even the "Red Rocker."

Last Online

09.26.07 @ 02:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Well, obviously many people don't mind Sammy's voice because of all the fans he's had over his career.

Give me a guy who can sing over someone who keeps using the same one-liners and forgetting the fucking words.

"Sammy is a fake, deceiving, liar, manipulator and a back stabber" Give me a break, you just described Ray Danniels, not Sammy.
    "It's so damn hot... milk was a bad choice." --Ron Burgundy, Anchorman

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 06:47 PM
    Liked 974 Times in 391 Posts

that's what it is abaout the balance record i don't like...sammy's vocals, seriously. his range on the album is way to high. esp on don't tell me

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

06.22.15 @ 03:18 PM
    Liked 12 Times in 5 Posts

Donor

Kinda like the way Dave sounds like a cat being slowly castrated with a rusty butterknife, or maybe someone who's gargled with Drano every day for 30 years; or perhaps a laryngitic wino with throat cancer... oh yeah, Dave is so much less annoying to hear croaking out show tunes on Letterman like Wayne Newton on heroin.

And then there's that fabled stage presence of Dave's... who could ever forget all those classic one-liners; "Look at all the fuckin' people here tonight...", "let's all go across the street and get drunk!", or "I forgot the fuckin' words!", especially when he's been delivering the same exact, VERBATIM stage rants for over 20 years without any sort of change or deviation from the script whatsoever. Boy, he sure knows how to keep HIS act fresh, doesn't he? And what's not to love about a guy who will launch into one of your favorite songs only to pull the plug halfway through the first verse because he's too fucked up to remember the rest, Dave's a consummate professional, alright! And who needs hair to be a rock star, anyway? I mean really, NOTHING says "sexy" like a phat combover!

And then there's his larger-than-life persona... the endless strings of hackneyed & predictable, semi-coherent one-liners delivered with the most stoned-looking, slack-jawed grin ever; sorta like he just shot up 12 speedballs and chased it with a stiff shot of laquer thinner. The epic way he babbles about such brilliant topics as "goldfish in his bongwater" while the audience and interviewer watch in stone-faced incredulity a guy who used to be one of the greatest frontmen in rock, well... besides Jim Dandy, that is... (you know, the guy he stole his whole act, persona and look from?) transmogrify himself into a burnout charicature.

Yeah, you're 100% right, Lance; who in their right mind would want to hear someone who can consistently sing in key with an infinitely wider range and greater control when they could have someone else who "sings" about every third word live, can't hit half the notes he used to and has been incessantly rehashing the EXACT same schtick for well over 20 years now? What WERE we thinking?!

SBS
    Ditto.

Lance has a prison pussy too!

hee hee.
    not another dime from me, fellas...

tinzen

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

08.22.12 @ 09:58 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

In my opinion, Sammy's voice is one the most annoying in rock.

Compared to DLR, Sam is, technically, a superior vocalist. Sam's "tonal" range isn't the problem for me. It's his "dynamic" range.

95% of the time, he's screaming at the top of his lungs. It's like fingernails on a chalkboard. And when he hits those high notes (so beloved by his long suffering fans), his voice sounds like a fucking dog whistle.

I just wanna grab the guy and say "Dude! It's called "nuance". Learn it. Live it."

I can stand the wacky pajamas. I can bear the slight paunch. I can deal with the Geritol-flavored tequila commercials. I can overlook his fake good-time, every-man persona. I can ignore his dentures. I can pretend he doesn't call himself the "red rocker" (is he a commie?). Hell, I can deal with just about anything! Accept, of course, the hyena-like screeching sounds that come out of his toothy tequila hole.

Ear plugs, anyone?

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

5150, Women In Love
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Originally posted by lance watts:

Compared to DLR, Sam is, technically, a superior vocalist. Sam's "tonal" range isn't the problem for me. It's his "dynamic" range.

95% of the time, he's screaming at the top of his lungs. It's like fingernails on a chalkboard. And when he hits those high notes (so beloved by his long suffering fans), his voice sounds like a fucking dog whistle.

I just wanna grab the guy and say "Dude! It's called "nuance". Learn it. Live it."

I can stand the wacky pajamas. I can bear the slight paunch. I can deal with the Geritol-flavored tequila commercials. I can overlook his fake good-time, every-man persona. I can ignore his dentures. I can pretend he doesn't call himself the "red rocker" (is he a commie?). Hell, I can deal with just about anything! Accept, of course, the hyena-like screeching sounds that come out of his toothy tequila hole.

Ear plugs, anyone?
    I'm assuming you won't be making Sam's B-day bash in Cabo.
    WHAT IS UNDERSTOOD NEED NOT BE DISCUSSED!

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear about it Later
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ear plugs, anyone?
    Now that is funny stuff. Sammy still has the ability to deliver the good in his mid 50's, that enough is a credit to him.
    DDLR WEBMASTER<br /><a href="http://www.diamonddavidleeroth.com" target="_blank">www.diamonddavidleeroth.com</a><br /><br />Also check out <a href="http://www.rayluzier.com" target="_blank">www.rayluzier.com</a> for all DLR BAND updates

Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

strung out....
    Last Online

02.28.14 @ 07:54 PM
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

dog whistle?....i can't hear a dog whistle...
    what did yo mamma look like anyway...hmm
    [img]graemlins/drunk.gif[/img] just a joke vance ...

Last Online

12.17.17 @ 07:24 PM
    Liked 1,026 Times in 501 Posts

Originally posted by famac@nuveen.com:
    Eddie cut his hair and grew the prison pussy
    The Prison Pussy! THAT is fuckin' hilarious!

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Here's a trick:

When singing, hold one or both ears closed so you can hear how you sound, "Inside your head." Adjust your pitch until it doesn't sound like crap. That's your range, whether you sound like a dying crow or not.

Sammy's not DELIBERATELY trying to sound like that.
    "Just once I'd like to do the right thing and not get punished for it."

Eruption
    Light industrial complex on Eastern Seaboard
    Last Online

06.08.07 @ 12:27 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

SBS
    now i know why they put the 'sir' in front of brown sound

nice slap down, if i do say so myself--and i DO say so myself.

little on the windy side, but other than that, your creative writing instructor gives you an unqualified 'A'--with bonus points for using 'laryngitic' and 'australopithecine' in coherent sentences.

nicely done!

Eruption
    Light industrial complex on Eastern Seaboard
    Last Online

06.08.07 @ 12:27 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by SirBrownSound:

SBS
    You're correct. That Sam attack was out of character.</font>[/QUOTE]no problemo, lanceroo.

just stick to shtick.