Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Eruption
    Last Online

08.02.17 @ 01:39 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts

....hey , dont take me wrong , this is not a shit on dave topic . Somthing happened between these guys - i think this is a slap in the face - or a desperate retreat for coin - on daves part . I think these guys were jamin , and sombody looked at another wrong , or dave needs a certain amount of coin to get back in halen - maybe ED is charging him !!
    ..In 1984 Van Halen Jumped Panama
    Topped Jimmy & Dropped Dead Legs
    ..Ill Wait in this House of Pain with the
    Girl Gone Bad while I am really Hot for Teacher..

..Think it was easy ?..you stare at an album
    Cover that long..

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

¿ [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img] ¿
    America's Team...The Green Bay Packers!<br />12 Championship Titles For The Packers And Counting...<br />"Depends What We Do". EVH 2001<br />VH R.I.P. 1978-1996

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I suspect Dave is currently touring because he is bored. I doubt that the small venues and audiences he is playing to will earn him significant coin. Dave probably just wanted to get back out on the road...
    "What is understood don't need to be discussed. 'Aint that right Edward?'" Sammy Hagar, Right Here Right Now

Last Online

09.26.07 @ 02:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Yeah it's sounds like Dave just got tired of waiting for Van Halen so he decided to go on the road.
    "It's so damn hot... milk was a bad choice." --Ron Burgundy, Anchorman

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Dave is touring on no new material because he thinks his audiences don't care about any of his solo work.
    "Just once I'd like to do the right thing and not get punished for it."

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Talked to him the other day did you, Stuff? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

I think it's more a situation where he knows people have heard about this reunion, and are ready to hear some Van Halen.

As for why there's no new material... well, that seems obvious to me. Why write with DLR Band if you intend to record with VH? That's just wasted material.

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Where in the Rule Book does it say you have to have an album to tour? I don't see it anywhere in the Rule Book--do you know why????

Because there ISN'T a Rule Book! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
    *insert slap bass <a href="http://my.ohio.voyager.net/~shoemake/sounds/sein/midi-seinfeld.mid" target="_blank">HERE*</a>

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jackie Chiles:
    Where in the Rule Book does it say you have to have an album to tour? I don't see it anywhere in the Rule Book--do you know why????

Because there ISN'T a Rule Book! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Glenn-"Your Honor I would like to submit into evidence a single bootleg concert from each tour Van Halen did with Mr. Roth. I would also like to submit one bootleg concert from each of the first four tours that Mr. Roth did upon leaving Van Halen."

Jackie Chiles-"Objection your honor, this is an egregious waste of the courts time. The tour in question here is Mr. Roths' current one, these past tours are of no relevance. This line of questioning is unprecedented, unnecessary, unbelievable!"

Glenn-"Your Honor, Mr. Chiles brought in "The Rules", I did not. His mentioning of them clearly opens them up to scrutiny as noted in the VHLinks Moral Code of Rock and Roll Touring. Mr. Chiles opened the door your honor, I'm merely walking through it."

Judge-"Over-ruled, you may continue."

Glenn-"Thank you your Honor. Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury, Mr. Chiles has put forth the notion that no set of 'Rules' exist for the releasing of an album prior to a tour in the rock and roll field. My question is, if there's no rule that states an artist must put out an album to tour, and Mr. Roth is such a rule breaker to begin with that even if there was one he'd probably not have heeded it, why did he release an album prior to each of his six tours with Van Halen? And why did he release an album prior to each of his first 4 tours as a solo artist? In each of these 10 tours I mentioned, an album was released prior to their starting. And new material from these albums was played on the subsequent tours, which the concerts I've booked into evidence will show."

Jackie Chiles-"Objection, irrelevant. This line of questioning tends to meander, show slander, and shows no previous standard!!"

Glenn-"Goes to show a pattern your Honor. If there's no rule that states that 'an album needs to be released for a tour', why has Mr. Roth released an album before touring virtually every previous time in the past?"

[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 10:30 AM
    Liked 1,479 Times in 901 Posts

This tour that DLR is doing is a win-win situation for him. Possible reasons:

Reason #1: His fans want to see him live.

Reason #2: Warming his voice to do a new DLR Band album

Reason #3: Warming his voice to do a new VAN HALEN album

Reason #4: Certain venues/tour packages don't want to hear his solo material

I'm sure there are more reasons. We should stop reading so much into things. Just enjoy the music.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 01:02 PM
    Liked 1,347 Times in 924 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Glenn:
    Glenn-"Your Honor I would like to submit into evidence a single bootleg concert from each tour Van Halen did with Mr. Roth...If there's no rule that states that 'an album needs to be released for a tour', why has Mr. Roth released an album before touring virtually every previous time in the past?"

[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheech: "Yo, this dude needs like some medicinal marijuana and fast!"

Chong: "Yeah, man! Hey, wait a minute, what about us, man?"

[ July 23, 2001 at 12:18 PM: Message edited by: billy007 ]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:34 PM
    Liked 65 Times in 36 Posts

Premium Member
    Moving to opinions/speculation guys [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
    A little zen....... Headed your way.......

Last Online

10.29.09 @ 12:50 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Open your eyes. He's BROKE!
    CHICAGO WHITE SOX - 2005 WORLD CHAMPIONS

The Chicago White Sox (1901-present) - The Original SOX - Proof

The Boston Americans (1901)
    The Boston Somersets (1902)
    The Boston Pilgrims (1903-1906)
    The Boston Red Sox (1907-present) - Proof

The Pilgrims/Americans/Somersets whatever you want to call them, have NEVER displayed "SOX" anywhere on their caps, jerseys, or merchandise, therefore they shouldn't be referred to as such. However, the White Sox have used "SOX" since 1912.

The SOX are in Chicago...we just allow the Pilgrims/Americans/Somersets to use the name.

2007 Fantasy Football Champion

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen I
    Favorite VH Song

Hmmm...don\'t have one
    Last Online

01.11.08 @ 09:17 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Who cares why he's out there? Just enjoy the fact that he is even out there! He's doing just what the fans want: performing songs live. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

A Different Kind of Truth
    Favorite VH Song

As Is
    Last Online

10.09.12 @ 02:50 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TimPabs1:
    Open your eyes. He's BROKE!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wish I was as broke as Dave [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Dave isn't warming up his voice for an album. Who ever heard of a singer doing that before? Touring is more likely to put strain on your voice.

I think he's doing it for PR. Any negotiations with VH probably broke down around the time they started make web announcements. Dave has had a higher profile this past year than for a while - I think he just wanted to get out and show he was the "good" guy. And he barely had any time to put anything together - Bart Walsh said something about 2 weeks notice I think.
    Delusions of eloquence

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 04:13 PM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jonathan:

I wish I was as broke as Dave [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Dave isn't warming up his voice for an album. Who ever heard of a singer doing that before? Touring is more likely to put strain on your voice.

I think he's doing it for PR. Any negotiations with VH probably broke down around the time they started make web announcements. Dave has had a higher profile this past year than for a while - I think he just wanted to get out and show he was the "good" guy. And he barely had any time to put anything together - Bart Walsh said something about 2 weeks notice I think.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I kind of agree with Jonathan here (sorry Jonathan).

But if his voice is in as good of shape, like any other muscle the more you use it the stronger its gets. But you cannot overuse it or you will cause a strain.

Dave's likely thinking is that he will do a limited number of shows while the lawyers work out the legal differences and while Eddie keeps getting stronger while recovering from cancer to just keep his voice "in shape" not overdoing it.

And he is also keeping the Van Halen music alive so people don't forget about them.

Eddie will probably present him many new songs for vocals and they will go on from there.

2002 will be the year of the geezer bands,
    Van Halen will tour, as well as the Stones and there seems to be a big resurgence of 80's rock bands of late and look for them to keep it going in 2002 as well.

People are getting tried of the same old "loser rock" as I like to call and now bands like Fuel and Creed have stepped up and make some pretty killer music.
    Those 2 bands in particular are great example of arena rock, much like we got from the mid 70's to late 80's.

And it couldn't come soon enough. IMO

[img]smilies/devil.gif[/img]
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.