Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I just came from seeing AC/DC and their show kicked ass as usual. It made me think about Van Halen and how all of us fans are on this website day after day waiting and waiting for Eddie & Co. to do something. Van Halen could take a lesson from AC/DC a band that has been around as long as they have and sold probably the same number if not more albums. AC/DC gets rapped for being the same musically, but to me there is an integrity there that I admire. I mean they never got as much airplay as Van Halen and you didnt see them going more mainstream like Van Halen did with 1984. They write what their fans like and what they like. Not what their contract tells them to write. Angus doesnt say "Bye Brian, I want to grow musically and find my soulmate" and hire some lapdog who will sing whatever he wants to write no matter how much it sucks. Im still a Van Halen fan dont get me wrong, I just think AC/DC understands how they got where they are and says thank you all the time to their fans by doing what they say they will do. They put out an album, they made appearances, and they are touring. Just like they said they would. Van Halen needs some integrity like that.

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

I think Van Halen has a ton of integrity. The thing is, in 1983 Eddie had been a rock guitar god for five years, and it's only natural that he'd grow tired of it and seek new avenues. He had already been doing it with And the Cradle Will Rock, and a couple of songs on Fair Warning were written on keyboard originally.

As much as I love all of the early Van Halen records, I admire and respect Edward for leading the band into new and creative areas. I don't think that Edward was ever pushed into writing any of the music he did post 1984, it's just where his heart and his talent led him.

More than alot of rock people, Edward is an artist. And you can't expect an artist to stick to one formula forever. That will kill the soul of an artist.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later, Atomic Pu
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Glenn - True, true.

------------------

"Kissing my ass won't do anything but give you bad breath." -sherman

*gulp* - Down In Flames

"Come on FORD, tellus how you really feel." - Said by virtually every member of VHLinks at one time or another.

[This message has been edited by Wolfman (edited September 05, 2000 at 08:24 PM).]

Last Online

12.03.17 @ 09:00 PM
    Liked 537 Times in 291 Posts

Premium Member
    I wouldn't say a lack there of lilred, just more of a PRIORATY type thing. They will rock in due time no doubt. Things happen that no one can control.
    When the new shit hits the world, all will be forgotten. Out!

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Integrity is one thing that Van Halen has never lacked in, musically. Hell, the '96 thing showed that. The overwhelmingly popular thing to do would have been to bring Dave back, but VH went ahead with what they wanted to do. That's integrity.

Now, there might be some honesty issues with the '96 disaster.

Baluchitherium
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lilred:
    AC/DC gets rapped for being the same musically, and you didnt see them going more mainstream like Van Halen did with 1984. "Bye Brian, I want to grow musically and find my soulmate" and hire some lapdog who will sing whatever he wants to write no matter how much it sucks. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think the problem is with the fans accepting change........society really doesn't like change.......it feels uncomfortable......the fact that you said AC/DC 'gets rapped for being the same musically'-well thats like wearing your old shoe all the time........where VH has evolved and changed......it's like wearing a new shoe........you've got to break it in.....
    not a very good example I know....but it's our shoe to wear....not VH's
    And....I don't think Eddie said "see ya....I want to find my soulmate and grow musically" in 1984....I think that happened later....when he was more capable of growth.....damn.....I wonder if that's the name of one of their songs

------------------
    "Eddie Van Halen? That man could play a symphony with his ass hairs"-some old man

WaWaZat5150
    Damn right Angel. You hit the nail right on the head.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

A Different Kind of Truth
    Favorite VH Song

As Is
    Last Online

10.09.12 @ 02:50 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I don't know (or care) about VHs integrity as long as the music sounds good, which is opinion anyway.....but I saw AC/DC last week and they ruled. Much better show than I expected.

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I was not only thinking musically but also responding to their fan base. The lapdog comment was in response to Sammy's departure and the hiring of Gary.

Sinner's Swing! 79th and Sunset's Avatar
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 12:35 PM
    Liked 16 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member
    My thoughts on the whole integrity issue is that they should at least, at the very least tell us what they are doing ...If what they are doing dont work out, tell us...dont leave us hanging....

If they have an integrity issue, it is not telling the fans (all of us) what the hell is going on with the band

JUST TELL US SOMETHING - ANYTHING !!!

NO NEWS IS NO NEWS !!!

THANKS !!

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

04.17.12 @ 03:02 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

One thing we all have to understand is Ed creates music to satisfy himself first. The fact that millions of others like it is a bonus. It's not as though, he said okay let's do a disco, or pop type song, so I can bring in new fans. Whether or not you or I like his new musical direction, is subjective. To question Van Halen's integrity is wrong.

------------------
    Alright You Sinners, Swing!

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MikeL:
    Integrity is one thing that Van Halen has never lacked in, musically. Hell, the '96 thing showed that. The overwhelmingly popular thing to do would have been to bring Dave back, but VH went ahead with what they wanted to do. That's integrity.

Now, there might be some honesty issues with the '96 disaster.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You have just contradicted yourself. If Sammy Hagar had left the band of his own free will and they had hired another singer who was not a puppet of their managment, without stopping in between to lie to their fans, then we could talk about integrity , although musical integrity would still be debatable. But the deliberate lies and manipulations of the 96 scam (from forcing Sammy out- to the best of sessions and the surrounding reunion hype-to the VMA's- to concealing Cherone's involvement until after the BOV disc was released) is the complete opposite of integrity. So was the creation of the VD III album under the circumstances. It was a Ray Danniels/Eddie Van Halen power trip and not a group effort by any stretch of the imagination.

------------------
    F.O.R.D. Country

Van HALEN is: Dave, Eddie, Mikey, Alex. Any questions?

Eat Us And Smile!!

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FORD:
    If Sammy Hagar had left the band of his own free will and they had hired another singer who was not a puppet of their managment, without stopping in between to lie to their fans, then we could talk about integrity , although musical integrity would still be debatable.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Integrity has nothing to do with Sammy being forced from the band. Integrity is not honesty or forthrightness. It's the reasons why you do something. VH3 is a shinning example of musical integrity. DD is not.

Don't confuse honesty and integrity. Forthrightness isn't either of those either.

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

as for the integrity thing, i agree van halen should respect us enough to say something,especially if daves NOT back,i feel that if there isnt a reunion happening the only reason they wont say is to serve there own selfish reasons,whatever they may be!now if he is back i can understand the silence to a point
    about ac/dc...i praise ac/dc!i think they are doing an amazing job,and the thing about there music staying the same,hell thats what i want!!!i want the same KICKASS ROCK'NFUCKINROLL they have provided me with all my life!!!KEEP ON ROCKIN BOYS DONT CHANGE A FUCKIN THING!!!

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey Night prowler, you rock and so does AC/DC!! by the way is your name happen to be a reference to the AC/DC song of the same name?