Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Little Dreamer
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Two nights ago I watched as VH1 telecasted its Best Rock Moments. The reunion at MTV was on there. VH1 took the angle of reunion gone bad, Dave makes a fool of himself etc.. Showed clips of Eddie a few months later in an interview basically making Dave out to be an idiot, naive for "believing he was IN THE BAND" . This is the same interview where Eddie says he will kick Dave in the nutts!

Those were very dark days for original VH fans.

Dave followed up that reunion breakdown with his Crazy from the Heat book. I remember that after I read it, I told myself, they'll never be able to reunite after this. I think Dave was truly hurt, even embarrassed how things went down. He said alot of things in the book that I thought would prevent them from ever reconciling with Eddie and Alex.

All these reunion rumors have all of us "true" Van Halen fans (the only real Van Halen is the original Van Halen) forgetting all these facts. But after watching it again on VH1, reality came back to me.

My heart says YES! Bring VH back to us! But my mind says NO. I wouldnt bet $10 on it happening.

Big D

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 03:59 PM
    Liked 555 Times in 251 Posts

Actually , i thought VH got off easy!

AND dave made the whole comment about eddie being NOBODY'S backup guitar player( which i thought was big of him)

AND THEN

at the Howard Stern movie thinggy, the crowd was chanting "eddie sucks eddie sucks" and dave said , "no he doesn't suck, he just made a mistake"

------------------
    "Do you believe??
    Tell me you believe!"-Me Wise Magic

Eat us and Smile por favor~!

VH files--The truth IS out there..
    www.houseofhain.com

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Considering what Dave must know from years of living side by side with these guys, I thought he went really easy on Ed and Al. Which is good because he would have looked really petty yapping on and on in his book about his anger at VH. A lot of it is probably because Dave has a lot of respect for the myth and memory of those great Van Halen years.

You're right, too much has gone down and that's going to make this reunion that much sweeter. I'd put my $10 bucks on a reunion, but I'm all tapped out.

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Dave'll be back, sooner rather than later. I mean hell, if Captain Kirk can appear in a ST:TNG movie, why not?

Can you think of a better setting for a reunion than this? A band without a singer, and a singer fresh off a tour.

Favorite VH Album

VHII, FW, 1984, 5150, ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

You want me to pick just one?
    Last Online

11.28.17 @ 09:02 PM
    Liked 27 Times in 6 Posts

I'll take that bet. Here's my 10.

------------------
    E.B.A.S.

"Someone asked me the other day what I thought I had learned about making music after all these years, and I said, 'Nothing'." -EVH

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 02:41 PM
    Liked 199 Times in 105 Posts

i'll bet you my new 750 dollar Takamine that Dave is back.

------------------
    "stayin' round here takes patience,
    it's like a full time occupation
    I've become a diplomaniac"

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think they have all learned alot the past two years. VH learned Gary wasnt going to work, Ray was a pimp, the fans were wanting more and they werent getting any younger.
    Dave learned that he is still loved by ALOT of fans.
    They have put the past where it belongs..in the past.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning!
    Favorite VH Song

So This Is Love?
    Last Online

12.13.13 @ 12:26 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Very well said Hal

------------------
    I don't feel tardy.

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

09.22.12 @ 05:49 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

One thing that I think about Dave is that he is very proud of the achievements of old Van Halen. It was just as much his baby as Eddie's. I think when he initially left, he was a little high on himself and ready to put the past way behind him. However I think over the last few years he has had time to reflect and maybe has become a little more humble. I think he realizes what has been lost. Yet at the same time, he realizes there is still chemistry there and potential for some more great music.

I hope they all can iron out their differences and make music again together. Musical chemistry is rare and manufactured chemistry is practically impossible.

Jim

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Jim, I agree with many of your points. It just seems like we keep waiting for both of these guys to grow up. They still act like teenagers pissed at each other and bad mouth one another when ever they get a chance.
    Eddie has made it alot more personal than Dave. Eddie seems to attack Dave head on, as where Dave attacks Sammy or the fact that the band without him is nothing but imitation.

I saw Dave live on the DLR Band tour and of course, the only negative thing in the review was his un-needed attack of Sammy during "Aint Talkn Bout Love".

For me to believe this thing is going to last and isnt paper thin, waiting for the first argument to end it, would be an announcement with Dave and Eddie, together, saying that things are behind them and all things have been ironed out. If I dont hear that, I'm going to wonder how much of this was forced and a cocession on VH's part to bring Dave back. Which if the case, it wont last long, cause Dave is gona be Dave, and if that still bothers Eddie, its just a matter of time.

Big D

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

If Dave and Ed wernt getting along we would of heard something by now. Im sure they have a lot of shit to hash out, they all bring a ton of baggage to this. But the chemistry is still there!!
    I dont belive Ed and expecial Al were bullied into anything by WB. They seen the writting on the wall(so did Gary) getting Dave back was the answer. Time heals alot of wounds. Im sure some ground rules have been laid down and that there have been didagreements. Its always that way with bands.
    It will happen! When is the question!!

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

11.15.17 @ 03:55 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I saw that deal on VHI too and it brings back to light all of the reasons why a Dave reunion 'couldn't' happen. Hell, for me, it ignited again why I originally thought a reunion with Dave was a bad idea 'cause I thought he acted like a jerk that night.

But, be that as it may, I don't see that the boys have any other alternative...and I'm a Sammy guy. After seeing Sam at Riverport in St. Louis and reading recent interviews, I doubt that he will ever return to the band...and, quite frankly, I'm not sure that he should. He seems to be having the time of his life right now and his shows are proof of it.

The remaining members of Van Halen and David Lee Roth really do need each other right now. The silence of all involved lends to the common belief that they are in fact back together and I hope this to be true. Because if it is not, we are all sitting here waiting for #4 and I don't even want to think of the a shit storm that will cause in here.

Bottom line of all of it (in my mind anyway) is that they all need to get over themselves and get back to the business of making music. Early on it was easy to say that Dave needed Van Halen more than Van Halen needed Dave. Well, I think they've dragged this thing out to the point that they're all equally needy----So, get over it already and play! (or at least make some kind of announcement.....geeze!)

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

10.19.13 @ 05:44 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Great points Goo. I sometimes get the impression that Ed feels some of their previous music was crap. I doubt that many of us would agree. When Dave sang "Got me a date with a supermodel...I know, i figured fuck it...", man he was talking about the band. You know in his own mind, he understands what Van Halen really was, a unique powerhouse group. Allmost seems like the rest of the band never got that part of it. Damn, the look on everyones face in 96' proves what Dave has always known...HE belongs in front.

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

When It's Love
    Last Online

11.22.16 @ 06:52 AM
    Liked 9 Times in 3 Posts

You are right, alot of shit went down, but time heals all wounds.

I think that VH knows there are only two ways to go this time Dave first, and if that goes bad then try Sammy, but I for one don't think Sammy will ever be back as a full time member, they have to make it work with dave this time, or it could be over.

------------------
    Up Front Fanatics

I never met a man does'nt owe somebody somethin

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 12:07 AM
    Liked 65 Times in 36 Posts

Premium Member
    Nah I agree, I think Sams hit the groove he wants to keep from now to retirement, and good luck to him too!

------------------
    A little zen... Headed your way...