Favorite VH Album

All 7 of them!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

11.30.16 @ 02:56 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I've done some thinking.

While I believe there isn't any hope for an ORIGINAL Van Halen reunion (w/of course DLR), I'd rather see them try for singer 4 than go with aging, clown dressing, Sammy Hagar.

Hagar's time with VH is done. He did what he did and we got the albums that they did.

To go back to that mediorce band (yes, Van Hagar was getting worse, not better, by 1995 IMO.) would not be good for VH or rock n roll in general.The majority response would be: "Who cares?"

Maybe a fresh start is in order.

If they can't find singer 4, then I say call it quits as "Van Halen" and Ed can go off into doing his own thing.

But, for the love of great rock, do not bring back Sammy Hagar.

Hagarites would of course disagree, but come on. Do we really wanna hear Sam write lyrics about being abducted by aliens and other stupid stuff? Not to mention Sam "allowing" Eddie to write crappy music for his shit-ass ideas as they did for "Not Enough", "Take Me Back", "Man on a Mission".

Ed needs a singer (as DLR did) that tells him what is good and not good for what kind of music should be put on an album. Its not dictating, but as a band, suggestions are welcome. DLR was good at this. That is why we got more KICK ASS tunes with Classic VH than with Van Hagar.

So, with that, I'm all for singer #4.

Sammy can continue on with his Waboritas but keep him away from VH (Van Hagar: RIP 1986-1996)

Thank you.
    EUAS

www.rotharmy.com

*VV*
    ole No.1
    The finest.

"The Showstoppa!!"

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 01:49 AM
    Liked 11,581 Times in 4,936 Posts

Great going to Opinions.

VV you're very angry lately, lighten up man, it's just a dead band.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:24 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I agree Vinnie.
    "Knowing is not enough, we must apply,willing is not enough, we must do" -Goethe

Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open.--Sir James Dewar, Scientist (1877-1925)

Always drink upstream from the herd...
    --Will Rogers

It is amazing how much some people can do with so little, however, what is even more amazing to me is how little some people can do with so much.
    --Somewhat me, mostly someone else, not sure who

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I should say that I agree, BUT if they go with "vocalist" number 4, it has to be someone with balls of steel for attitude (not bad attitude mind you) and not necessarily have an angelic voice.
    I do not know about all the rest of you, Redtards included, but I want music )))I((( can sing along to and get close to matching, not some high pitched range that I cannot touch.
    I can sing along with most of Dave's stuff, so that is the style )))I((( like.
    Attitude baybee!!! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    Oh yeah, I have a question and it is ligitimate, how many Van Hagar tribute bands are there? I know some of the guys in the tribute bands to Van Halen like a little Hagar, but how many Van Hagar tribute bands are there?
    "Knowing is not enough, we must apply,willing is not enough, we must do" -Goethe

Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open.--Sir James Dewar, Scientist (1877-1925)

--Will Rogers

It is amazing how much some people can do with so little, however, what is even more amazing to me is how little some people can do with so much.

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

1984, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Jamie\'s cryin\', Dreams, Right now
    Last Online

02.27.07 @ 04:58 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Probably none, but thats only because you would have to put your balls in a vice to reproduce the vocals in the right key. Your point?

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

It amazes me how so many of you anti-Sammy fans know what is right for the band as if you are personal friends with the Ed, Al and Mike. Opinions are one thing, but to say that band will sell with A or B Singer is ridiculous. I am a fan of Van Halen's music and I am a huge fan of Van Hagar. I can't say that one will sell over the other in this time and age. I just want my singer of choice up there. Those of you who say that you would rather see singer #4 over Van Hagar are the retarded hypocrites that never accepted Gary! How stupid can one be?????
    "Welcome to the real world."

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hit the ground runnin'
    Last Online

06.03.10 @ 11:18 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by Vantrix:
    Those of you who say that you would rather see singer #4 over Van Hagar are the retarded hypocrites
    Don't you mean "Rothtarded"? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

"Please don't take my teddy bear... Please!!!" - diamondsgirl's Oscar nominated dramatic scene for best actress of 2007

"and by Van Halen, I mean David Lee Roth" - diamondsgirl on Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by kenny5150:
    Probably none, but thats only because you would have to put your balls in a vice to reproduce the vocals in the right key. Your point?
    My point was just my question. How many Van Hagar tribute bands are there? Nothing beyond that...
    Redtarded, Rothtarded, whatever.
    AND just because I would rather have a 4th "vocalist" over Hagar does not make me retarded. What a pathetic joke.
    I know you are, but what am I? nah nah nah
    :-P~~~ good grief.

--Will Rogers

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Brett:
    Great going to Opinions.

VV you're very angry lately, lighten up man, it's just a dead band.
    I hate when somebody refers to them as a dead band. It's very possible that it's true and that SUCKS!!!!! [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]
    <a href="http://www.vhvault.com/~rebel" target="_blank">The Coolest VH Trade Site on the Net!!</a>

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

07.09.17 @ 06:30 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 3 Posts

I've said it about 100 times now but all I want is Ed, Al and Mike making music again regardless of who the vocalist is. If Sammy comes back I'll be exstatic, he should have never left in the first place. If a 4th vocalist is in the picture that's fine too. Who knows what's been going on behind the scenes in camp Van Halen. Maybe Ed and Co. have gotten together with a couple of potential singers and just jammed to see who would be the best fit? Maybe they've really done their homework this time and will knock everyone's socks off with a new release. Any new music is better than no music. VAN HALEN WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU AT?
    "It's now officially 5150 time!!!"

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen, 1984, 5150, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Eruption
    Last Online

11.03.15 @ 07:40 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

any singer will do, as long as they will be making new music. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 01:49 AM
    Liked 11,581 Times in 4,936 Posts

Originally posted by rebel78:
    I hate when somebody refers to them as a dead band. It's very possible that it's true and that SUCKS!!!!! [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]
    Why sugar coat it at this point? It is what it is.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Favorite VH Album

Bark Like A Dog
    Favorite VH Song

Act Like It Hurts
    Last Online

06.26.17 @ 04:51 PM
    Liked 643 Times in 328 Posts

"aging, clown dressing, Sammy Hagar."

ROTFLMAO!!!!!! WHO dresses like a clown?!?!?!

And now, the February 2003 cover boy for GQ magazine is.........yes, it's David Lee Roth, looking stunning
    in his assless, gay bar pants, brittle platinum hair, and timeless, aging skin.

Don't get me wrong, I like Dave, but geez!!! Think before you say something like that, man.

C'mon Vinnie, give me a break!
    "Never is just reven spelled backwards." -House

"Did I listen to pop music because I was miserable or was I miserable because I listened to pop music?" -THE Rob Gordon

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning/Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars
    Last Online

01.31.13 @ 05:57 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sammy with VH was just as much an established band as it was with Dave. Both versions had their own identity and to say VH with Sam fronting again would flop like VH3 is ignorant. VH sold millions of albums, 4 of which went #1 enough said.

Ill say Im a hagar fan but Im a fan of music that VH did with Roth as well I just dont like the guy. Some comments I see on this board about Hagar must be from fans that never accepted him from day one till now.

Id guarrantee if Sam were to join and they released an album that had support like they had in the past it would go platinum or multi, anyone agree? Not to say anything with Dave would'nt do the same which I believe it would do as well or better with the "rothtards" support as well as the rest of the fan base.

Favorite VH Album

All 7 of them!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

11.30.16 @ 02:56 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I firmly believe that Ed himself doesn't want Hagar back in the band.

As close as he is with Mike, don't cha think he'd be back by now?? And don't give me that crap about Sammy not wanting to come back full-time. He wants that spotlight again, being the lead singer of Van Halen (as does Dave).

But I think Ed (and maybe moreso Al) don't want him back.

Hagar was a complainer for the most part during his time in VH.

By 1991, he didn't want to tour very much as VH wanted to do more European shows as they did in the Dave years. It had taken SEVEN years before Van Hagar went to Europe. And that's because of Sam. He always wanted to just tour North America for a few months and then go home.

Add to the fact that Hagar didn't want to do more Roth songs (thank god he didn't - his renditions of "Panama" and "Jump" sucked bigtime).
    That always irritated Ed. That if Sam thinks of himself as a 'professional' vocalist, he would be able to sing anything by anybody, including Dave stuff.

But he didn't. Sam always hated when fans asked him to sing more Dave-era songs (THIS IS A FACT!).

He (and former manager the late Ed Leffler) did everything they could to erase the original Van Halen. They didn't want to be compared by it, because, they knew, as did everyone else, that Van Hagar couldn't compare to the original.

So, why should Ed have to put up with his crap all over again? I think he doesn't.

A one-off show may happen sometime in the future but I don't think Hagar is coming back full-time nor do I think he should.

Sales?

When each of Van Hagar's record sales decreased with each album and the fact that they opened for Bon Jovi in Europe was an obvious sign (to Ed) that Van Hagar had run its course.

So, bring on singer #4. Someone with a bit of youth and badass energy, much like a younger Dave.
    EUAS

www.rotharmy.com

*VV*
    ole No.1
    The finest.

"The Showstoppa!!"