Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

So This Is Love?
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You know what, I woke up this morning, and snapped. What in the hell are Van Halen doing???!!!!

MAKE SOME FREAKING MUSIC!!!!!!!!

Okay okay...I'm calm again, but seriously, I think the time has come for Van Halen to give their fans the scoop on what's going on, so we (the diehard fans) can just get on with it.

Now, although it feels like it's been forever since the last peice of quality VH music, I am posting today, because I am in complete disagreement with the rash of recent posters, who feel that any music from VH is acceptable.

I am all for a "Santana-type album", but only if it was called Eddie and Friends or something, and only AFTER A REAL VAN HALEN ALBUM HAS BEEN COMPLETED.

Now, as far as singer #4 goes...unless it's Justin Timberlake or J-Lo, Van Halen as we know it, is fucking dead. So please, let's forget about 80's has beens, who sucked in the first place, stepping in and fronting the greatest american rock and roll band of all-time.

So, I guess what i'm trying to say is, Eddie...please for the love of God, call Sammy and apologize, or else swallow your pride, and make a disc with Dave. At this point, real Van Halen fans should be happy with either.

My final point...and...I can't believe i'm saying this, being that I am a bigger fan of the Roth-era, but I think Sammy is the most logical choice. Mike is obviously still very close with him, and Eddie and Dave have proven time and time again that they CANNOT GET IT DONE. Sammy and Eddie however, are just acting like two 14 year old girls...holding a sill grudge, when deep down, they both know that they like and care about the other a lot.

So please, Eddie, show up in Cabo with your fucking frankenstrat, toss back a few non-alcoholic beers with Sammy, finish the fuck out of "Between Us Two" and PUT OUT A GODAMN CD BY CHRISTMAS !!!!!!!!!

If it's not going to happen...TELL US ALL THAT IT"S OVER PLEASE, SO WE CAN JUST ENJOY THE GREAT LEGACY OF MUSIC THAT YOU'VE ALREADY CREATED!!!

Favorite VH Album

The Classic 6 Pack
    Favorite VH Song

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Last Online

11.04.17 @ 06:01 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 65 Posts

I don't know.... this 2 dimentional thinking has run it's course. Drop Dave & Sam from the wish list and you open up a whole universe of possibilities... They aren't the only tired ole game in town...

An open mind is a terrible thing to waste!! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    Woke up this mornin, got Blue Moon in your eyes...
    http://www.myretrolounge.com

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Right Now
    Last Online

01.30.06 @ 10:11 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I really don't think that any other singer can bring Van Halen to a level that we're used to.
    The music can be great with a fourth singer, but the magic there was with Sammy or Dave won't be there anymore! And THAT'S what we fans will be missing!

So Van Halen is with Hagar or Roth.

Peace! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    "You go there once, you'll be there twice" CABO WABO!

Favorite VH Album

The Classic 6 Pack
    Favorite VH Song

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Last Online

Originally posted by Van Haantje:
    I really don't think that any other singer can bring Van Halen to a level that we're used to.
    The music can be great with a fourth singer, but the magic there was with Sammy or Dave won't be there anymore! And THAT'S what we fans will be missing!

So Van Halen is with Hagar or Roth.

Peace! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    So you are saying that you'd rather settle for what you are comfortable or "used to" rather than consider that it's quite possible for Van Halen to produce something that may even top DLR or Sammy era's...?

Seems an easy road to travel... but I'd prefer the adventure of something new... and frankly the rock world could use a totally new kick in the balls at this time!!!! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Right Now
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

No, that's not what I meant, but I get your point.
    If there was only a small chance for VH to top everything they did already, I would say, GO FOR IT. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    But I just don't think that it will happen.....
    Look at Dave-era fans crapping about Sammy, look at Sammy-era fans crapping about Dave, look at both of them crapping about Gary....I mean....most fans have a settled opinion about what was great (in their eyes!) and what's not.

You already mentioned that the rock world could use a totally new kick in the balls at this time, and I totally agree on that one!

It will be hard to top themselves when the ROCK world is getting smaller and smaller. How many new fans will they get these days? Not letting the fans know what's happening is IMO the best way to LOOSE fans, not to gain any. [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]
    But everybody is free to have his own opinion about that.

I'm a Sammy-era fan, but I would love to see/hear all the classic VH tunes WITH Roth live someday, because I've never seen the OLD VH.

To be honest, I became a true REDhead after VH canceled almost all shows of the European tour, back in 1998, and didn't come back to make it up.
    That was reason enough for me to follow the RED Rocker more closely than before.

I hope VH will move on, with or without Sammy, Roth or both. Just let them play music like they have never played before!

I rest my case....LOL!

PEACE [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

The Classic 6 Pack
    Favorite VH Song

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Last Online

Good points!!! But let's look at this from another guitar legend perspective...

Being one of the older members of the on-line fan population and musician of 30+ plus years... My musical heros and influences predate VH quite a bit!!

For decades I held up Santana's original era as untoppable especially the 1st 3 albums (Santana, Abraxas, & Santana III) and felt some of his subsequent albums were subpar due to the changes in the original lineup that split off in 1972 and later went on to form Journey.

I still loved the guitar work but the original vibe and groove was gone partially. There were some great moments... some best left to be forgotten in the dust of history...

This story starting to sound a bit familiar???

Well I was pretty darn entrenched in my belief that "Classic Santana" could never be bettered nor even the greatness recaptured...

Then BLAM Jan 1999 hits and Supernatural explodes right smack dab in the middle of the peak of these pussy Boy Bands, Titney Spears and the whole Pop crap.

And what do we hear... blarring from the candy-assed pop radio stations in between the crap... that sweet, warm sustained distorted guitar tone of Carlos Santana reaching out and smackin your ears!!! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

All of a sudden Santana was a major hit... not only with us old hippies from the 60's/70's but from millions of teenagers, 20 somethings and on up!! The album outsold anything Rock had to offer in 1999 and alot of Pop. The music topped all the classic songs in popularity.

You know what... Carlos pulled that off without any of the original lineup!! Changed my view that yes the magic can be found again in our guitar gods and it doesn't take the original or former members to put out something way bigger/better than the former!!!

OK knock off the old jokes now... punks!!!

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Right Now
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Okay Okay! Zahzoo, you partly convinced me.

I guess deep inside I just want Sammy back in VH. I met him in person, back in 2000, when I was to Cabo to see his Birthday Bash.
    He's absolutly one of the coolest guys I've ever met. He's plain, clean and simple! Felt like talking to a good friend, instead of to a great Rockstar like he is!

Let's just hope VH will relive again.....SOON!
    With whom is not the question, just WHEN! [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img]

I'll keep my fingers crossed. [img]smile.gif[/img]

PEACE! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]