Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

04.17.12 @ 03:02 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I don't want to sound like the grim reaper, a defeatist or a pestimist but I'm convinced that Ed's cancer is a very serious concern. That's the main reason "NOTHING" is going on with the band. The reason, I'm pointing this out is because I still see an abundance of anti-Ed posts . While some of these sentiment could be accurate, I honestly don't think it matters now. Let's be real, even if Ed was terminal (damn, I hate to say that) he probably wouldn't want it to be made public for good reason. I just wish folks would stop and consider everything before posting these diatribes against Ed, or anyone else close to the band for that matter. As great as the Van Halen experience has been, it must be put into it's right perspective when we are considering the mortality of one of it's members. Our connection to Ed and the band is the joy we get when we listen to his music. We'll still have that after he's gone. Think about his family and close friends. There's so much more at stake for them.

Unchained
    Last Online

01.28.16 @ 01:53 PM
    Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts

I doubt any VH fan wishes Eddie anything but the best of health. The way the band has chosen or been told to handle their business the last 2 years has many fans at the end of their rope. If Ed is still very ill, and chooses not to disclose that information, who are we to argue with his choice. But for Val to go on tv and say he's fine, as well as be working far away, I feel myself that he is on his way to a clean bill of health, if not already there. The way he referred to the lawyers vs. the cancer leads me to think that he is on the good side of whipping the cancer, for him to even make such a comparison. I know lawyers can "suck the life" out of a person so to speak, but cancer can actually kill people and does everyday. I've lost family to this disease and wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy, and choose to never make light of the fact Ed has it. Yes, it's doubtful he ever reads any of the stuff we post on any of these sites, but if he did, I would hope if he read a post of mine, it would be positive to him, even if I was being critical of a certain aspect of the band. Let's hope he is well, the band is moving forward and the legal issues that were holding up music from the band have been resolved. It would be great to actually come and post about new music, something we've never had the opportunity to do, at least since I've been online. If Brad says the WB split is a good thing, then I will take it as such until he's proven wrong, which I don't think will happen.
    John 3:16, Can You Dig It?

People, the 6 wings of the Mighty Van Halen will fly again! Can You Dig It?

You gotta give more than you take! Can You Dig it?

And underneath the arch, it turned into a march,
    and there He found a spark to set this fucker off!
    Set it off, set it off now children,set if off!

We are down the road! I Can Dig It! Can You?

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 12:16 PM
    Liked 1,083 Times in 725 Posts

Premium Member
    If it is his health in question here, then at somepoint , someone is going to have to say something. If he's kicked this deal, then he should realize that life is a precious thing and move ahead to create some music. Either way, some communication with the public and his fans is vital. A lone golf story and him saying that "Dave knows where I live" isn't going to cut it. That's what has VH's fans so pissed off. "No news is good News" only worked for so long. At this point no news certainly makes it look as if VH doesn't give a rat's ass about their fans. I don't blame anyone for packing their bags and leaving. Me, I'm going to stick around for awhile.
    "I'm the opposite of Bill Cosby. Diamond Dave always gets your approval." (DLR)

"Kids, just say NO to marriage". (Al Bundy)

Rawhide in "A"

OAA

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 04:13 PM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

IF Ed's cancer is as serious as you believe, and he is on his way to the dirt nap.
    Then why would WB want to end their relationship with VH?

Lets take the morbid look here for a second.

If Ed were to check out, wouldn't anything previously un-released sell like hot cakes after the fact?
    Look at the legal fight between Love and Grohl/Novacelic.
    Then you add in later albums by Tupac and Notorious BIG. Not to mention Alliya.
    Most big time acts have tremendous sales after they die, if its all about money to these labels, why would they want to cut the cash flow?
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

01.23.17 @ 03:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

It makes since with a split from WB if Ed is in bad shape. All tracks VH has ever recorded in the past 17 1/2 years were done at 5150 on his clock (not WB) so EVH owns the master tapes. If he would pass away the family could then have everything in order to sell to the highest bidder (record label).

Look at the Al Hendrix with Experience Hendrix, after they got everything back they've been able to license, re-release and sell everything on their own terms.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

04.17.12 @ 03:02 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I hope to hell my gut feeling is wrong but if Ed was about to take a "dirt nap" as Eddymon put it, it doesn't necessarily mean Ed's going to tell those weasel at Warner Bros. The bottom line with those bum holes is money. If they thought the BackStreet Boys singing over a remix of "Running With The Devil" would sell a trillion copies they'd put it out even though Ed would be dead set against it. Eddymon , I understand your logic about record companies reaping millions after an artist dies but somehow I think the yuppy larvae suits at Warner Bros would be too busy trying to find the next "boy band" than trying to work things out with a group who has consistently created quality music and has made WB millions upon millions of dollars in the process.