Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Good Enough
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

One one side we have TK, who have spewed an unbelieveable amount of bullshit since Gary Cherone left Van Halen. Slawterhouse.com basically sucked from december 1999 to may 2000, with no current real news and a pointless official site. Now, there is a bit more eye candy, but the new orange is plain disgusting, the miss slawterhouse contest was pointless, they have said that the DLR Band was currently recording and set to do a tour when we ALL knew that DLR Band was disbanded, and now they try to make us believe that a Dave solo song will be available for us to hear. Pleaze...

Now for Brad at van-halen.com ... I still think it was REALLY a crappy move on his part to have hyped the date of the relaunch of the official site, when he KNEW that all we held our breath for was news on the status of the band. What do we see on that fateful day is, basically, Eddie, Mike and Alex's official web site. From what the site would make you believe, there has never been a singer in Van Halen. Also, he frequently put all those stupid guitar and bass updates that interest nobody. Oh, look, Ed's guitar comes in 10 different colors!! Gimme a break.

Now who wins, who sucks more?

(Many people might get pissed at me for bashing them, but guess what, I don't care. I'm bored and these two poor excuses for official sites are largely to blame for my boredom, I say. )

------------------
    Eat Us And Smile!!!

"I may not be the best lookin' baby,
    But I'm the right tool for the job." - DLR 1998

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I'm not crazy about either site right now. I used to be at Slawterhouse so much that a lot of people thought I was "TK".

The day glo orange and 2 point font give me a migraine, so I haven't been there in months.

As for Brad's place, it's a stupid game they're playing over there. Even if (God forbid and we all know better) Dave was not in the band right now, it is just wrong to exclude someone who is a MAJOR reason for there being a Van Halen in the first place.

Sammy also deserves some respect from the site, having kept them alive for over a decade (regardless of how anyone may feel about some of the lyrics and cheese ballads, they made a LOT of money with Hagar and dissing him is almost as bad as dissing Dave)

Although I can understand the band wanting some distance from the VD III disaster, they come off as hypocritical by denying that Cherone was ever there. After all, they tried so hard to convince all of us that VD III was the "final lineup" of Van "Halen".

Hopefully both sites will look much better after the announcement. And if not, maybe we should make FORD Country the new "official" site?

------------------
    F.O.R.D. Country

Van HALEN is: Dave, Eddie, Mikey, Alex. Any questions?

Eat Us And Smile!!

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

In a Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

02.27.09 @ 02:39 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

LOL! Like it! That's a pretty mean dig at those two fellas. But lets face it. Both sites are MAJORLY lacking in decent content. DLRarmy is far superior. Mind you, I'm a Slawterhouse regular, so I have my own bias. Cool thread though...

Message to BS & TK:

Entertain us dammit!

------------------
    Leading the Slawterhouse Security on Holiday...

The bad news is that we have lost our way. But the good news is we are WAY ahead of schedule!

I learned a lesson baby, and it left a scar. But now I see how you really are...

Eruption
    Last Online

07.10.17 @ 09:12 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 10 Posts

Finally something I can agree with. They both suck. TK reminds me of the DLRND sites. BS fan type sites. I know that Slawterhouse is "official", but they are spewing trash. They were dead until May and all the info. since then is known to be false. I would think that if the DLR band existed that Bart and the others would know. Even if they had been replaced I'm sure they would have knowledge of the situation and of replacements. Dave maybe sneaky, but he isn't that sly.

As for ol' Brad quite frankly I think he is full of himself. He comes across as an arrogant individual who thinks he is the ONLY one with info. I don't care whether he is tight with the band or not. That does not give him the right to shoot down others with supposed "inside" info. if he can't offer any himself. The thing that gets me about this character is he'll ride in here on his white freaking horse and people will kiss his ass. For what?? What has he given? His site doesn't really deal with the legacy of VH, that being the former lead singers. He gives no news. He made such a big deal about this "awesome" site he created that ended up being old rehashed info. with pretty little graphics. Whoopitty freaking dooo!!!

I say it is time for these people to shit or get off the pot!

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Well said, fellas!

------------------
    Eat Us And Smile!!!

"I may not be the best lookin' baby,
    But I'm the right tool for the job." - DLR 1998

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Streets
    Last Online

01.11.12 @ 06:57 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You're right, neither is doing their job. They run sites of the most turbulant and unstable band and they never even acknowledge the fact that some crazy stuff is goin on. I would say vh.com is worse just because of that "no news is good news" headline they had for a while after Gary split...."no news is good news"? bs.