Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned!
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Set aside all rumours and what you want to happen, what do you think Van Halen as a band is really up to....

are they done, do they really have a #4, are Dave an Sam on the road gettn warmd up and building a financil base for a VH tour....

.... [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img] .... [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img] .... [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img] .... [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img] .... [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img] .... [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img] .... [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img] .... [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img] ....

Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

All Of Them
    Last Online

02.17.12 @ 07:35 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

I think Ed is probably messing around in 5150, crying over spilt milk. It would seem, that he tried to come to financial terms with Dave and they got into a take it or leave it situation. Dave has obviously decided to leave it. At this point Ed really doesn't have many good options, so he is probably examining the remaining ones.
    This Member:Van Halen Fan EST. 1978

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i think dave being back is all over, but i do feel eddie may have one more ace up his sleeve. he may give it one more shot for sammy though, but we will have to wait and see.
    van halen shall return. what you think is nothing might be something after all.

Webmaster/Graphic Artist Top Timmy's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

10.28.16 @ 08:45 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Moving this to the Speculations forum.
    Webmaster/Graphic Artist
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen I
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Right now the Van Halen contingent is doing a couple of things. Eddie is in his studio, laying down basic tracks that he will use on the next Van Halen studio recording. He has had time to get over the shock of Sammy and Dave touring the country together. Having said that, I think, I hope, Eddie is smart enough to be monitoring the tour in an attempt to reunite with the public's true favorite from the tour. From all indications, and I did see the show in St. Louis on 6/7, that would be none other than the Red Rocker himself Sammy Hagar. "Having said that", Eddie has an even bigger obstacle to overcome and that is convincing Sammy to rejoin Van Halen. Sammy's current situation is sweet. He is back to being a solo artist. He calls the shots at will, and so far his shots have been bullseyes. He is consistently the crowd favorite on the current tour, his Cabo Wabo franchise is more popular than ever, his Tequila is a huge cash cow, he basically does what he wants and to hell with democracy. We all know that Van Halen in Eddie's baby. If Sammy gets back with Eddie, it will be Sammy singing lead in Eddie's band and I don't think Sammy is at a place in his life right now where he is ready to do that. I wouldn't if I were him. Eddie is definitely not going to take a back seat to Sammy or anyone for that matter. So getting Sammy back in the band is going to take some huge negotiating. As far as Dave getting back with VH. I think that would be a huge mistake. After seeing Dave in St. Louis, Eddie would be making a huge mistake bringing him back in. I was set to give Dave back the lead singing reigns and was bucking for Eddie to bite the bullet and reunite with DLR. Give the fans what they've been foaming at the mouth for so long. But Dave's performance completely laid any hopes of that happening to rest as far as I'm concerned. Without a doubt, Eddie is a one in a million musician. But he is in no way capable of carrying that band on his shoulders alone and if he brings Dave back into the fold that is exactly what he will be doing. I don't think Eddie would want to carry Dave anyway. If you have any hopes of seeing a Van Halen reuion. As remote as it is, put your "Dreams" on a Sammy reuion and keep listening to you DLR Van Halen version CDs.
    "The truth hurts."

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

01.07.15 @ 01:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Harris my friend. For you to assume Sammy is the winner in this whole.....tour thing, is just nuts. You know there are just as many Dave fans that feel he is the "winner". THe only "winners" are, Dave and Sammy's bank accounts. CHA-CHING!$!$!$!$!$!$!$!$!$!
    "Why behave in public if you're living on a playground?"

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars/Unchained (tie)
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You're being far too "vague" for some people around here.

You need to define "Van Halen", as it's an entity that has many different aspects and sub-topics... do you mean "Van Halen" as in Eddie and Alex, does Mike still factor into the equation? "Van Halen" with Sammy, Dave or a 4th singer, or if it contained anyone other than Dave would it still be "Van Halen"? What if it were an instrumental project, for crissakes?!

You see, you can't just go throwing all these "vague" terms around, we need precise, intricately-detailed, compiled and alphabetized definitions... LOTS of 'em, covering any and every possible context of the term "Van Halen". (and don't forget the sub-topics!)

We, the Hyperbole Police DEMAND definitions dammit! DEFINE OR DIE, you've been warned...

SBS
    What, me, worry?

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Last Online

01.15.14 @ 05:39 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Wow, someone is really having a bad day. Let it go big guy. I just asked you to define what you were trying to say, that's all.

It's no great shakes to come onto a Van Halen board and say something like "Van Halen was extremely Influential". Well DUH! What do you expect people to say?? DAVE R00LZ!

bk

[ June 17, 2002, 12:02 PM: Message edited by: badkaraoke ]
    A headless body in a topless bar...

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars/Unchained (tie)
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by badkaraoke:
    Wow, someone is really having a bad day. Let it go big guy. I just asked you to define what you were trying to say, that's all.

It's no great shakes to come onto a Van Halen board and say something like "Van Halen was extremely Influential". Well DUH! What do you expect people to say?? DAVE R00LZ!

bk
    I said a helluva lot more than that, and I would've told you anything you wanted to know, but for some strange reason, after badgering me for details, you didn't want to provide your own.

Says an awful lot about the strength of your convictions, doesn't it?

The offer still stands, you want definitions, ask for them specifically and you'll get them, that is after all, what you insisted from me, right?

Just practice what ya preach, man... it's all I ask for.

SBS

[ June 17, 2002, 12:10 PM: Message edited by: SirBrownSound ]
    What, me, worry?

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by Harris:
    Having said that, I think, I hope, Eddie is smart enough to be monitoring the tour in an attempt to reunite with the public's true favorite from the tour. From all indications, and I did see the show in St. Louis on 6/7, that would be none other than the Red Rocker himself Sammy Hagar.

After seeing Dave in St. Louis, Eddie would be making a huge mistake bringing him back in. I was set to give Dave back the lead singing reigns and was bucking for Eddie to bite the bullet and reunite with DLR. Give the fans what they've been foaming at the mouth for so long. But Dave's performance completely laid any hopes of that happening to rest as far as I'm concerned. But he is in no way capable of carrying that band on his shoulders alone and if he brings Dave back into the fold that is exactly what he will be doing. I don't think Eddie would want to carry Dave anyway. If you have any hopes of seeing a Van Halen reuion. As remote as it is, put your "Dreams" on a Sammy reuion and keep listening to you DLR Van Halen version CDs.
    #1 Diamond Dave completely stole the show in ol' St. Lou!!!!!! Sam the sham should be opening every show for the mighty David Lee Roth!!!!!!
    #2 Did Eddie moniter the fan's 'favourite' in '97??????
    #3 I, for one, will continue to follow the world's greates' entertainer(that's Diamond Dave)--I don't really give a damn 'bout Sam(tired of his Van Hagar pop, screechin' and preachin', solo junk, an' tempo killin' ballads) or Van Halen if DLR ain't the quarterback.
    [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

[ June 17, 2002, 01:03 PM: Message edited by: Blind Willie Loons ]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by SirBrownSound:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by badkaraoke:

It's no great shakes to come onto a Van Halen board and say something like "Van Halen was extremely Influential".

bk
    I said a helluva lot more than that, and I would've told you anything you wanted to know, but for some strange reason, after badgering me for details, you didn't want to provide your own.

</font>[/QUOTE]Hey look, I just asked you a question. No need to go all Richard Nixon on everyone. This isn't a debating club. Listen to you, "badgering me for details". Is there anything you DON'T exagerate?? What a victim you are.

[ June 17, 2002, 01:30 PM: Message edited by: badkaraoke ]

Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

03.01.10 @ 10:22 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Maybe it's just me, but it was a lot more entertaining when SBS and bk picked on FORD instead of each other... [img]graemlins/sssh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drunk.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by Guitar Shark:
    Maybe it's just me, but it was a lot more entertaining when SBS and bk picked on FORD instead of each other... [img]graemlins/sssh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drunk.gif[/img]
    Mighty pumpkinlicious of you to say that GS

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen I
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Deaf Jerry Lewis or whatever your name is. At least Sammy has still got all his own hair. Now let's hear a snappy come back on that one. Yez, Yez, Yez! Lawdy Lawd!
    "The truth hurts."

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Hot for Teacher
    Last Online

10.04.17 @ 08:41 PM
    Liked 13 Times in 8 Posts

Here is what I think.

Ed is experimenting with different singers. If they have enough good stuff they will release a whole album with various vocalists. If they don't have enough good material, they will release a boxed set that includes the good stuff from the guest singers that they have.

After that I predict Sammy will reunite with VH. Ed and Sammy are both searching for that old magic in different ways. Sammy is doing things like Planet Us and playing with the guys from Metallica, but he will not find it. He will become bored, his urge to create great music will overpower his stubbornness. Mike will convince them both to get back together. Not for the money, but I think musically they miss each other.
    I don't think anyone in the VH camp gives a rat's ass about Dave.
    Better use it up before it gets old!