Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

All of em
    Favorite VH Song

Impossible to name only one
    Last Online

01.08.17 @ 09:19 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Hagar has been whining ever since he was kicked out of Van halen that he wants to tour with Dave. The Van Halen brothers said no to a tour with them and Sammy still asked Dave to tour. We kept hearing him talk this shit in every interview, a "Sam and Dave" tour, over and over again. Dave finally says ok and now Sammy's still bitching and unhappy? If he wants to come out of this nt looking like an asshole he should shut up.

And whats up with these "he will have to draw his own crowd" and "I would have put him back in night clubs where he belongs" remarks? Since when has Sammy sold out any arenas or drawn any big crowds on his own since leaving Van Halen? To me, these are words of jeleousy. Hagar has always been insecure when compared to Dave. No wonder he ended the tour early.

To me, Sammy, Dave and Van Halen are now all in the same boat. Sam and Dave will never be able to draw the kind of crowds that they did in VH, and VH will never be able to draw the crowds like they used to without one of those guys singing. What im saying here is, Hagar has no room to talk. And if a reunion ever does happen or not, by that time they will be too damn old to do do anything! I think they should just call it a day now and go out with some dignity.

[ August 01, 2002, 10:27 PM: Message edited by: VHwasCoolestWithDLR ]

Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:55 PM
    Liked 197 Times in 123 Posts

What do you mean he ended the tour early? The tour better still be on, I haven't seen the show yet and I spent a fortune on tickets!!!!!! [img]graemlins/scared.gif[/img]

This topic belongs in VH Opinions, i'm moving it there.
    Right Now you're reading my post!

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

Imperial Fascist Overlord Down In Flames's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

@
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Originally posted by VHwasCoolestWithDLR:

Since when has Sammy sold out any arenas or drawn any big crowds on his own since leaving Van Halen?
    Dude, remember your Sammy Math!™

He's been a big draw ever since he sold 139 million albums in VH... [img]graemlins/drunk.gif[/img]

To me, Sammy, Dave and Van Halen are now all in the same boat. None of 'em can draw an audience! And if a reunion ever does happen or not, by that time they will be too damn old to do do anything!
    This is true, sadly.

As for S(c)am... He never misses an opportunity to twist the knife.

Yes, Dave takes shots at VH here and there, but it seems that Sam is pretty passive/aggressive in the way in which he chooses to speak about VH.

Before he ever met Dave he ragged on him. And why? Because he heard the brothers and Mike constantly ripping on him? That's fucking weak. But that's Sam for you.

For all his jive about being "happy" it's obvious that he's bitter. Then again, he should be. He's been reduced to writing songs about the color red and the date of his birth with a band of musicians that isn't nearly as talented as the one he was kicked out of.

He knows full well that a ton of what he has today is due to his stay in Van Halen. Because for whatever he brought to the table (kindergarten lyrics, patently false emotion, etc. [img]smile.gif[/img] ), if it weren't for his stint in VH he'd be buying tequila instead of selling it.
    http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/images/avatars/michael3.jpg

"You are the McCarthy of this board. The witch burner." - strungout, on yours truly

"Only Eddymon would claim victory during a FOUR game losing streak." - OLO

"Did I not say, 'I think we should shoot him!' I did. Double rainbow on this end. I require a high five. Out."- track 5, on the delicate art of banning

"If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire..."

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

10.20.14 @ 08:47 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I don't think Sammy is jeleous as much as he is caring to much of what people think (especially Dlr fans) . He is telling the world how great he is as opposed to showing the world . Ironicly Dave has also been guilty of this in the past (especially when Sammy was in VH) . They both care to much . It's flattering to the fans , but it's not healthy .

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I don't think Sammy is jeleous as much as he is caring to much of what people think (especially Dlr fans) . He is telling the world how great he is as opposed to showing the world . Ironicly Dave has also been guilty of this in the past (especially when Sammy was in VH) . They both care to much . It's flattering to the fans , but it's not healthy .

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

I\'m the One
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I really like Sammy a lot, but his recent remarks about DLR were very uncool. So what if DLR is going bald? Like Dave has any power over that. Sammy has more control about being fat than DLR has about being bald. I also hate how Sammy puts down Dave for (paraphrasing) "dressing and singing and jumping like it's 1982." Well, what's more stupid, a 48 year-old dressing and singing like it's 1982, or a 54 dirty-old man having a twenty-someting half naked "waitress" come out on stage for a shot of tequila. Sammy smearing DLR like this takes away from the enjoyment of what should be a very good concert. In 2002, Sammy Hagar is no more of a star than DLR, they both need each other to draw these huge shows. Yes, I am sure their are places where Sammy can draw 10,000 fans on his own, but in most venues, he could not.

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

So this is love?
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by SlashNIzzy:
    I really like Sammy a lot, but his recent remarks about DLR were very uncool. So what if DLR is going bald? Like Dave has any power over that. Sammy has more control about being fat than DLR has about being bald. I also hate how Sammy puts down Dave for (paraphrasing) "dressing and singing and jumping like it's 1982." Well, what's more stupid, a 48 year-old dressing and singing like it's 1982, or a 54 dirty-old man having a twenty-someting half naked "waitress" come out on stage for a shot of tequila. Sammy smearing DLR like this takes away from the enjoyment of what should be a very good concert. In 2002, Sammy Hagar is no more of a star than DLR, they both need each other to draw these huge shows. Yes, I am sure their are places where Sammy can draw 10,000 fans on his own, but in most venues, he could not.
    Great Post. I agree [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] dave is playing all the old VH tunes and dressing like that because it is his personality. That is Diamond Dave. Sammy is Jealous and that is why he would play only the same 3 VH tunes in concert when he was in VH. He gets jealous when the fans go nuts for songs like RWTD, ATBL, and Jump. So YES Sammy is jealous of dave because when people think of VH they think of how kick ass the early years were. Just watch MTV or VH1 whenever they have something on VH and ALL the musicians say how great it was with Dave and then if sammy is even mentioned its like" I respect Sammy and his time in VH was different" or shit like that.
    Lets Hope VH gets some Sensible Shoes that lead them back to Dave.

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

FAIR WARNING
    Favorite VH Song

SINNER\'S SWING
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

that sure wasn't very cool of sammy to say, that's for sure. now maybe i can see why he got booted from van halen. roth QUIT vh to pursue a solo/acting career - that's a fact. he didn't get kicked out by eddie.

you can talk all ya want, post a million messages, or do whatever; but sammy hagar has to live with the fact that he was never able to ride the same 'high' as david lee roth did in his prime. sammy was good in his prime, maybe even marginally great, but he never touched that 'mega' level that roth got to, never. roth and evh built VH from the ground up, and sammy jumped on ship at it's pinnacle (the table set by roth)- pee wee herman couldn't have fucked that up folks. you let me know when sammy hagar becomes partially responsible for a legendary piece of rock n roll music like VHI or 1984. i'm waiting........ it will never happen and sammy has to deal with that for the rest of his life.

so sammy, you go ahead and rip on roth's hairline and attitude now that he's 15 years past his prime; just remember percisely what legendary level of rock star you fell short of becoming. mere fan posts on vhforums.com cannot bring to you what you were unable to bring to yourself; nor can the same take it away from "David Lee Roth of Van Halen".

rock n roll hall of fame:

david lee roth & van halen First Ballot

sammy hagar with or without honorable mention

winner of the yellow capri pants award:

SAMMY HAGAR, OF COURSE.

of course, the best part of me writing this stuff, is to see how HOT it will get the fans of that fella who said that shit to the NY Post.....let's get it on!!
    TX7081040

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 08:43 AM
    Liked 11,577 Times in 4,934 Posts

Going on the HOF point. Didn't we discover not long ago that Van Halen wasn't even nominated for the Hall this year for some reason. Did we ever figure out why? Because the Police's first album was 1978 and they are a nominee.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

FAIR WARNING
    Favorite VH Song

SINNER\'S SWING
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

that's a real shame. wouldn't it be ironic if vh gets dissed (at least for a while) on the HOF because of all the nonsense about singers/eras/fained reunions/etc???

whatever Aerosmith and the Stones have discovered should be put in a bottle and sold to every new band once they hit it big. those guys know something that the rest of us don't.
    TX7081040

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

DLR Band!!!!!!
    Favorite VH Song

Slam Dunk!!!!!!
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by TX7081040:

you can talk all ya want, post a million messages, or do whatever; but sammy hagar has to live with the fact that he was never able to ride the same 'high' as david lee roth did in his prime. sammy was good in his prime, maybe even marginally great, but he never touched that 'mega' level that roth got to, never. roth and evh built VH from the ground up, and sammy jumped on ship at it's pinnacle (the table set by roth)- pee wee herman couldn't have fucked that up folks. you let me know when sammy hagar becomes partially responsible for a legendary piece of rock n roll music like VHI or 1984. i'm waiting........ it will never happen and sammy has to deal with that for the rest of his life.

so sammy, you go ahead and rip on roth's hairline and attitude now that he's 15 years past his prime; just remember percisely what legendary level of rock star you fell short of becoming. mere fan posts on vhforums.com cannot bring to you what you were unable to bring to yourself; nor can the same take it away from "David Lee Roth of Van Halen".

Big Thumbs up!!! - Great post!!!

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

DLR Band!!!!!!
    Favorite VH Song

Slam Dunk!!!!!!
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

[quote]Originally posted by Down In Flames:
    if it weren't for his stint in VH he'd be buying tequila instead of selling it.
    LMFAO!!!!! That was beautiful!!!!!

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

In a Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Let's see - Sammy gave them their 1st #1.
    Sammy still has his hair
    Sammy can still sing
    Yeah - I agree - he's jealous...

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

AFU - Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

07.04.09 @ 09:28 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by TX7081040:

Is he like, here or something? Are you like, talking to him or something? [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img]
    The 'Foot has landed.