Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

07.09.17 @ 06:30 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 3 Posts

Now I've been a pretty big supporter of the band for a long time but this has really been a pretty lean time for the mighty VH and the story begins with the end of the Balance tour. Anybody else wondering what the heck is going on these days with the VH boys?
    1. After the passing of Ed Leffler the band decides to hire that sack of shit Ray Daniels, probably VH's biggest mistake to date.
    2. Sammy leaves or is fired and all this comes about after the great success the band enjoyed with Sammy. Platinum albums, sold out venues and it all goes down the toilet after the emergence of Ray Daniels. Coincidence I think not.
    3. The band gets Dave back and records two new tracks for the best of. We later find out that the reunion isn't a permanent one. Other than the Daniels blunder this is probably VH's biggest mistake. After teasing the public with a possible reunion with DLR the band and in particular Mr. Daniels think they can succeed with a 3rd singer all this after alienating the majority of their fan base. Three singers in the span of a year will generally do that.
    4. After a disappointing album and tour the band go back into the studio to record a follow up with Gary. Either the band realizes it's not going to work with Gary or WB puts the brakes on the second album with Gary. Whichever scenario you choose this is probably the best decision VH could have made as the follow up to VH3 in all likely hood would have done no better.
    5. Since Gary's departure from VH we've been fed the tired line of no news is good news from our pal at vh.com. Now I can see the band wanting to keep a lid on things till they decided on what direction they wanted to go in and after having some down time in dealing with any personal issues like that cancer scare story about Ed. The bottom line is that it's been nearly a year since we've heard anything from the VH camp and I personally think that's too long. You'd think the band would have the common sense to keep their fan base in touch with what they've been up to especially since it's been a down period for the mighty VH. They're dealing with a disillusioned and crumbling fan base and seem in no hurry to correct the situation. If I were in the VH camp I would be inclined to being as fan friendly as possible. Get the PR machine rolling if the DLR reunion is a go, let fans know if you're recording an album, give periodic updates as to how the recording process is going etc... etc...etc...I mean this isn't Area 51 or the CIA for shit sake so what's with the hush hush policy? If the DLR reunion is a go shouldn't the PR machine be in full force getting the fan base excited about a new album and tour with Dave. I mean get everybody's juices flowing and build some momentum towards the release of a new single and album. It would also have been a smart business move to make some sort of announcement before the release of the remasters but what the hell do I know, I'm just a fan. Whoever is making the decisions in the VH camp these days is doing a piss poor job. Let's hope things turn around-the sooner the better especially for Van Halen.

Sorry guys but I had to vent. I'll support everything this band does but some of the decision making lately leaves alot to be desired.

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

10.27.05 @ 04:58 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I agree MarioVH. No matter how this all turns out, I can't wait to read the interviews with these guys afterward just to find out what the fuck the secrecy is all about. Whoever thought we could become so enthralled with a soap opera that has had virtually no cast-members show up for almost a year. And the jokes on us. We're writing the script.

Ed6150
    Well if Ray Daniels didn't talk Eddie into giving MrCherone a chance , I would have been a happier camper . Atleast Eddie saw the light It's Ray's fault , fuckin asshole

Ed6150
    Also thank RAY Daniels for ruining Van Hagar , I was happy with Sammy in the band but I also like Roth . Fucking Ray RUINED Van Halen in 98 , what a MESS

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

According to Mikey, Ray was let go at the same time that Gary left. Not much point still being pissed off about something that can't be changed.

Last Online

09.26.07 @ 02:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

What's Danniels up to nowadays? Fucking up another band?

------------------
    Dan Halen
    http://www.geocities.com/dan_halen27/main.html

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

All
    Favorite VH Song

Many
    Last Online

05.12.06 @ 06:39 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Hey Mario how is Luigi?

crossing_over
    yes mario i agree in almost everything

------------------
    I reach across to the other side to make contact with you.You fill my dreams.I wanna tell you,tell me why you´re crossing over...

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

07.09.17 @ 06:30 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 3 Posts

I don't think I've heard that one before Wolfie. It just seems to me that this thing has just dragged on too long. Like I said it's Rock N' Roll not the secret service so let's keep the fans in touch with what's going on.

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

BALANCE
    Favorite VH Song

AFTERSHOCK
    Last Online

03.20.07 @ 12:01 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

IMO, they really lost out in parting ways with Sammy. I think the '96 reunion with DLR was a really good idea, but DEFINITELY not at the expense of losing Sam, DEFINITELY not. Look how it turned out, they lost Sam, they lost DLR, and they had a bombed album. It just crumbled. Sure they fought over the Greatest Hits thing, but they should have worked SOMETHING out. Sam-led VH was one of the few mainstaying hard rock acts of the mid-90's, and were continuing to make great material. I think EVH (and maybe Danniels) were too caught up in the Greatest Hits, DLR reunion (temp. I know) thing for whatever reason.
    Now that time has passed, I don't think a Sam-led VH would be at all successful in making a comeback, BUT a temporary DLR reunion (temp it will be), will most definitely be highly successful, and that's all we can hope for now.

Sinner's Swing! 79th and Sunset's Avatar
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 12:35 PM
    Liked 16 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member
    MarioVH,

I agree, this is rock n roll, not the dang secret service. It is a real kick in the groin to all the great VH fans that VH (whoever that is these days) has not told us what they are up to.

I dont see where they have a lot of choices at this point. A fourth singer ? Yeah right...

Whatever it is, tell us something ... I cant beleive that they have been able to keep us in the dark as long as they have...

and we wait and wait and wait....

THANKS !!!