Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Cabo Wabo
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ok guys. I am new here and I have been reading all of your stuff. You all have go it wrong. Here is what they should do.

Do not hire a lead singer. What for? Make albums with songs by different singers. Why not? It worked well for Santana. It would leave the door open for Dave, Sam, Mike, or any upcoming or legendary singer to jam for a few. Think of this: VH featuring Robert Plant or Chris Cornell or even Ozzy. It may be far fetched, but I think at this point: A. A new singer wouldn't work B. Dave is a Jackass. C. Sam is happy with his life (Hard Rock Jimmy Buffet).
    Sams new song sums it up, "Things have changed". I like my idea. Geez, how many bands today were inspired and would love to jam with VH?

Lets hear what you think............

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

all
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

like santana?!? buahaha, old santana did made a sellout, maybe its not his fold, maybe his manager... he has turned into a sellout act... all that crap about spirit and working together to feel the soul blahblah, he just worked with all the artist, that are on the top of the charts... just to get back into the charts and make some money...

no. van halen should start again, maybe with a new name and a new singer, playing in some clubs, just like in the beginning...
    "Who are you tryin' to get crazy with, ese? Don't you know I'm loco?" - Hansel, Zoolander. <br /><br />"You're talking loco and I like it!" - Hansel, Zoolander.<br /><br />"Sting. Sting would be another person who's a hero. The music he's created over the years, I don't really listen to it, but the fact that he's making it, I respect that."<br />Hansel, Zoolander

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Cabo Wabo
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Don't missunderstand me. I am not comparing VH to Santana, I am only saying I like the concept of the album. These guys are older now. Daves 80s party is over, Sammy had some cool tunes and some bad ones, Gary was a bad fit. They shouldn't try to relive past glories, they had their run. They should get some friends together and jam, that's how it starts anyway isn't it?

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Cabo Wabo
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Oh by the way, VH sold out years ago! If they didn't you never would have tried Crystal Pepsi. (You know you did!)

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by Davesdead:
    Oh by the way, VH sold out years ago! If they didn't you never would have tried Crystal Pepsi. (You know you did!)
    Bah, I didn't even know who Van Halen was until I heard the Crystal Pepsi commercial, dug the song, and later heard it in its entirety. Won them over another 11/12 year old fan at the time

Oh, and I drank Crystal Pepsi because Pepsi told me to, not because Van Halen did [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    "Just once I'd like to do the right thing and not get punished for it."

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

all
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

hmm, true... got milk? wheres your stomach haha
    "Who are you tryin' to get crazy with, ese? Don't you know I'm loco?" - Hansel, Zoolander. <br /><br />"You're talking loco and I like it!" - Hansel, Zoolander.<br /><br />"Sting. Sting would be another person who's a hero. The music he's created over the years, I don't really listen to it, but the fact that he's making it, I respect that."<br />Hansel, Zoolander

Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

strung out....
    Last Online

02.28.14 @ 07:54 PM
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

ed says that someone would have just recorded their version of the song anyways...so he said fuck it..let 'em use it...

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning/Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars
    Last Online

01.31.13 @ 05:57 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ive read that Pepsi approached VH wanting to use Right Now for their new crystal pepsi ad and Ed didnt like it and said no, Pepsi said if VH wouldnt allow them to use it they would make a replica using studio musicians or some shit. Eddie said something to the order of Either let em rip ya off and steal it or get paid for it and he chose the latter.

It wa their song and Pepsi was goin to use it wether with or without VH's blessing.

Top Of The World
    Last Online

11.15.09 @ 04:17 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Stuff No More:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Davesdead:
    Bah, I didn't even know who Van Halen was until I heard the Crystal Pepsi commercial, dug the song, and later heard it in its entirety. Won them over another 11/12 year old fan at the time

Oh, and I drank Crystal Pepsi because Pepsi told me to, not because Van Halen did [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    </font>[/QUOTE]Good to see Canada's fucked up too! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Heh, I'm not from Canada. I just know a bunch of people from there and figured I'd do the double flag as a shout out to the "Northernmost state" (Guys, you know I'm joking about that northernmost state thing, right? I mean, if that was the case your health care system would be as fucked up as ours, which it isn't)
    "Just once I'd like to do the right thing and not get punished for it."

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

This is not Van Halen if you have all knids of leadsingers sing on each song. That's not VH. That's a band that's washed up!

Massachusetts by way of the Great State of New Jersey
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Changes with the day
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 06:48 AM
    Liked 529 Times in 317 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

I'll tell ya, I'd rather have a multi singer album now, than wait another year while they find a singer.

One problem that comes up is how do you tour behind a multi singer album. I guess they could get a couple of singers to go out with them on tour, maybe some that did the album, or grab somebody like Ralph who can do a bunch of different stuff, and maybe a Sass Jordan to pick up any higher registers or female sung tunes.

I don't know, but it does beat nothing.

[ December 27, 2002, 10:47 AM: Message edited by: Incredible Edible Dude ]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, ADKOT
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 10:25 PM
    Liked 444 Times in 246 Posts

No thanks!

I'd rather hear a cool blues (mostly instrumental) album and have Mike sing on a couple of the tunes. I know, I know, he doesn't want to be the lead singer but fuck it, it just a couple of tunes and he's got the pipes. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Change the name (for the babies who cry "They shouldn't call it Van Halen without Dave.") and hit the club circuit. Imagine seeing the core of VH in a small venue blowing you away with some cool jams and a few VH tunes that are in Mike's range. I know they wouldn't make the cash like they would as any other form of VH, but they've been there and done that. It's time for these guys to play for themselves and not just for the green.

At least for a little while, until they can all grow the fuck up and be able to work together, before it's too late.

Fuck, just do something!
    M*U*L*E

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Everybody Wants Some!
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Davesdead, I have to agree with you on that one. I too, would like to see a multi-singer album. For one, their sound would always be changing (not stuck in their former 70's,80's, and 90's sound). Even female singers like Ann and Nancy Wilson, Pat Benatar, and even possibly Stevie Nicks would also be interesting to see. I believe the possibilities would be endless. An instrumental album would be good too, but I believe that would only satisfy the "Die Hard" Van Halen fans, or serious guitar players.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 06:42 PM
    Liked 927 Times in 554 Posts

Originally posted by Hissing Cobra:
    Davesdead, I have to agree with you on that one. I too, would like to see a multi-singer album. For one, their sound would always be changing (not stuck in their former 70's,80's, and 90's sound). Even female singers like Ann and Nancy Wilson, Pat Benatar, and even possibly Stevie Nicks would also be interesting to see. I believe the possibilities would be endless. An instrumental album would be good too, but I believe that would only satisfy the "Die Hard" Van Halen fans, or serious guitar players.
    I`m a huge fan of the DLR era and to a certain extent the Sammy era also . After VHIII I couldn`t stomach a CD of guest singers . Now I know I`m gonna sound like I`m stuck in the past but I want VH to rock like the old days and It just won`t happen with a bunch of guest singers . Singers like Pat Benatar and Ann Wilson are great in their bands but not in VH . And as far as satisfying the "Die Hard" fans I feel we deserve it , It`s the "Die Hard" fans that have stuck with the band through all their Bullshit .

[ December 27, 2002, 11:40 PM: Message edited by: 51501984 ]
    You may think I`m being mean but I`m really just being sarcastic