Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Last Online

01.24.08 @ 09:30 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

OK, school has started back up. That means Wolfgang is no longer home all day, playing Nintendo and messing around with his friends. Eddie's not having to make him lunch, drive him to soccer and whatever. Val is in Utah. This leaves Eddie with time on his hands. Let's hope he uses this time WISELY (read: drop the clubs, pick up the axe and turn on the recording machine)!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yeah...I think Ed needs to stop fantasizing that he is Tiger Woods and get back to rock and roll!!!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
    Might as well......JUMP!!

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

MCMLXXXIV
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Let's hope also that since the wife and kid are outta the house he's hitting the beer again which whether you want to admit it or not, is normally great fuel for the creation of rock&roll music. Plus he won't have to hide it anymore either which is cool for him [img]smilies/devil.gif[/img]

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AxeSlinger84:
    Let's hope also that since the wife and kid are outta the house he's hitting the beer again which whether you want to admit it or not, is normally great fuel for the creation of rock&roll music. Plus he won't have to hide it anymore either which is cool for him [img]smilies/devil.gif[/img]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry...that's in poor taste. [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]
    Don't bark at me...<b>I</b> didn't name ya.

Good Enough
    Last Online

08.17.07 @ 05:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Gotta agree on that one... If you've ever lived with an addict, you know how horrible it is when they start with their addiction again (and again, and again..). I don't wish hard luck on Ed (or anyone) in battling his addiction.
    "May you die at age 128, in bed, shot to death by a jealous lover" DLR 2002

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 08:24 AM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

I don't think Axeslinger was being serious about Ed should drink again.
    I feel that he was just making a joke that just wasn't worded right so lets not bash him, yet.

If he continues on this then its very bad taste and shouldn't go un-bashed.

I commend Eddie and I quit smoking 2 years ago this December and it was very tough, I can only imagine what it is like to give up the bottle.

[img]smilies/devil.gif[/img]
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Well, the band did say they were taking the summer off. Seems like a big coincidence.

Val gets a job away from home, Eddie has to take care of Wolfie. A short time later the band decides to hang it up until the fall.

Wolfie goes back to school in the fall.

Makes sense to me.
    "Just once I'd like to do the right thing and not get punished for it."

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

I find it curious that when it looked like Edward had cancer, everyone preached their version of "who cares if Eddie ever records again as long as he gets better". Now, we all want him back in that studio now that (we percieve) that he has some free time on his hands.

I wonder what Edward wants? Or doesn't want?

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

MCMLXXXIV
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Glad to see that no one around here can take a joke. If anyone knows about addiction I do. I was in rehabilitation at 17 years old for drug abuse. It's called a joke - get a sense of humor.

Hey Abe, especially you - expected a lot more out of you. Figured you could tell a joke from a serious statement (Joe Intellectual.)

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AxeSlinger84:
    Glad to see that no one around here can take a joke. If anyone knows about addiction I do. I was in rehabilitation at 17 years old for drug abuse. It's called a joke - get a sense of humor.

Hey Abe, especially you - expected a lot more out of you. Figured you could tell a joke from a serious statement (Joe Intellectual.)
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

First of all, of you're gonna make a joke, make it funny. If it's NOT funny, at least show some sarcasm with a pair of these--&gt; [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] They work wonders in expressing your intentions.

Second, after all the struggles Ed has had with alcohol, it's far beyond a laughing matter. As I said, your comment was in poor taste. I stand by that comment.

I do have a sense of humor; I simply didn't sense any in your post. And I was not alone in that. Ed's made plenty of laughable blunders you could have picked on; alcohol abuse doesn't really fall under that category. The comment that "admit it or not, it's great fuel for the creation of rock and roll" is what made your comment seem quite serious. It's a point I've heard MANY times in reference to Ed, and none of those people were kidding at the time.

If you wanna make fun of Ed's newfound freedom on the home front, tell him to take that damn apron off, quit sweeping the floor (while recording the sound), and get his 'Alice from the Brady Bunch' ass into the studio. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

(while not particularly laughable, the protruding tongue makes my intent known. try some more smilies-they're effective, and they're FREE!)
    Don't bark at me...<b>I</b> didn't name ya.

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

MCMLXXXIV
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Whatever, go on and believe what you want. I'll be serious from now on since I seemingly have the inability to have [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] in my jokes. BTW, I'm a little too old for the Mary Poppins and Mr. Rogers sense of humor so if you wanna go there, I'm not down.
    [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]

[ August 30, 2001 at 11:07 PM: Message edited by: AxeSlinger84 ]

Top Of The World
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AbeVanHalen:
    [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] They work wonders in expressing your intentions.

...... [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

(while not particularly laughable, the protruding tongue makes my intent known. try some more smilies-they're effective, and they're FREE!)
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

...but, be careful AxeSlinger84, usage of certain smilies, such as [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] , are so powerfully effective, that they have been known to provoke fits of insane violent rage, and elicit unnecessary use of profanity [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
    <i>"The great controversy will be ended, and the Mighty Van Halen shall reign forever. Amen."</i>

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

MCMLXXXIV
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I was just assuming that since we're all adults here my intent would automatically be known and I wouldn't have to give a hint as to what I meant. Besides, if I start using these smilies in my posts I'll probably end up pissing someone off inadvertantly as I always do. [img]smilies/scared.gif[/img]

Last Online

01.24.08 @ 09:30 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

OK, guys, here are my unsolicited two-cents. There's not a person on this board who doesn't love Ed and wish him health and recovery. I don't believe for a second that any of you diehard fans would want him to pick up the bottle again. It's just a touchy subject, no matter in what spirit it is mentioned or what smilies accompany the message, so emotions will flare. No harm, no foul on either side, OK? Let's get back to the serious subject of rock and roll! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]