Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Last Online

12.01.17 @ 09:52 AM
    Liked 33 Times in 27 Posts

I was just watching some interview footage from the release of VH3. Ed and Al are answering questions and they are asked if they still talk to Sammy.

Al said something to the effect of, 'no hard feelings, but it's over...it's already been done.'

Not an exact quote, but he was pretty clear that the time with Sammy had run it's course.

So I don't understand why VH would ever decide to go back with him. Apparently Mikey and Sam have remained friends since the breakup, so why hasn't Sam come back in that time? IMO, Sammy wants to write songs about tequila...kinda go the lazy route musically...and the boys still want to continue forward.

I think Sam offered about as much as he could offer and Ed/Al know that.

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

POUND CAKE
    Last Online

05.08.08 @ 02:22 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

and the boys still want to continue forward.

[/QB][/QUOTE]
    Oh yeah, they're really moving forward right now aren't they?!

Last Online

OK! VH hasn't done anything in almost 5 years. WE ALL KNOW THAT ALREADY. Us bitching about it won't hurry them up any more.

Now, do you have any thoughts that agree or disagree with Sam's reappearance in VH? Oh, let's not make this a Sam and Dave battle either. Let's leave Dave out of it.

Last Online

p.s. It's not like it's been easy for VH to move forward anyhow. They've got *overwhelming* resistance from the FANS and the music business.

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

04.01.15 @ 02:33 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Gabby,
    I don't think you can use a quote from 5 years ago to gauge feelings today. There is quite a bit of speculation from many people on this board and they usualy start with "I think" or What about". The only problem with this type of question or statement is that it is coming from people who don't have any first hand knowledge of what Ed, Al, Mike, Sam or Dave really are thinking.
    Once any project is completed by someone in the Arts world there is always a great sense of pride. When VH3 was released there were many quotes by the band members of how pleased they were of the music they had created. It is normal to move forward in a positive light with a great sense of pride. Fan reaction as we all know was a bit different. I for one enjoy some songs on VH3 and was very supprised how good the concert was. At the same time I don't believe for my musical enjoyment it was top to bottom one of their best efforts. There are many VH releases that I can listen to every song and enjoy. I can't say the same for VH3.
    Back to the topic. From listening to various interviews by Dave, Sam and Mike as well as recent developments with Edward making a public appearance I firmly believe that something with Dave or Sam is going to happen. In my opinion (just opinion so there is no need to try to change my mind until further factual information comes forth)it looks like Sam will rejoin VH for something. I base this opinion on the belief that working with Sam in the studio would be easier and that they may still have some music started from the Balance recordings.

KR
    If it will rock we will roll.

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

02.29.12 @ 05:55 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I don't think Eddie even knows at this point if its gonna be Dave or Sammy, I am betting he is really struggling with this decision right about now. He must realize it has to be one or the other though, not a new singer.

Last Online

Killroy,

I agree with a lot of what you said...especially the fact that VH can feel differently today than they did 5 years ago. And it *is* impossible to know exactly what they are feeling/thinking at any time.

I know that VH is in a tough position to choose either Sam or Dave, because that is what the fans and the music business want. Unfortunately, not very many ppl want them continue in the VH name w/o one or the other.

So, I suppose I agree that Sam would probably be the next logical choice if VH were wanting a final hoorah. But the question I ask is, what for? I like a lot of Sammy stuff, a lot, but it doesn't make sense to regurgitate what's already been done. Simply from Sam's latest releases I don't think he's interested in trying new ideas like Ed and Al. Hey, I don't know if that's really what Ed/Al want either..that's just what I think. Another Sammy and VH release would probably have some really killer (yet familiar) music with sub-par lyrics/melodies that diminishes the song.

Last Online

12.13.11 @ 02:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by Davejab:
    I don't think Eddie even knows at this point if its gonna be Dave or Sammy, I am betting he is really struggling with this decision right about now. He must realize it has to be one or the other though, not a new singer.
    I understand where you're coming from with your statement. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] But, if Ed is struggling with this decision he is an idiot! Dave should and deserves to be back.

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

02.29.12 @ 05:55 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I agree completely.

Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

strung out....
    Last Online

02.28.14 @ 07:54 PM
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

they wouldhave to be able to get along as friends first before anything happens...whether it's dave or sam...don't know if they can...

Unchained
    Last Online

03.04.06 @ 06:04 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:Al said something to the effect of, 'no hard feelings, but it's over...it's already been done.'Quote:

Gabby don't ever refer back to past interviews no matter who said what. Those guys talk in the moment. Eddie also said Roth would not be back in the band in some article I read years ago. Then we recently hear that they were in the studio with Roth for collectivley over a year since 1998.These are ROCK Stars, much of what they do or say is tied to money,fame and ego.

[ August 26, 2002, 02:11 PM: Message edited by: Vince ]

Favorite VH Album

Cover Bands from Pasadena
    Favorite VH Song

Babe Don't leave Me Alone
    Last Online

09.05.15 @ 12:20 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts

This idea that Sam is not interesting in moving foward isn't really acurate.

His solo albums since his VH departure have gotten better and better. Keep in mind that Sam is writing everything. I think a song like serious Ju Ju is an example of the type of heaviness and groove Sam's capable of. On that tune IMO his voice is stonger and more aggressive than 90% of Cornells stuff.

I really don't think Sam's interested in rehashing the same shit over and over again. I think VH with Sammy will pick up where they left off, al la Humans Being and the heavier stuff off of Balance and developed that more aggresive, edgier sound, with some killer vocals.

At least that's what I'm hoping for [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img]
    My Band
    Baluchitherium

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

11.07.14 @ 08:43 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sammy Would be a decent choice. I am a Dave fan and would like Dave in. If Dave does not come back they must get Sam. VH3 did not cut it. Gary will always be blamed, but it wasn't Gary's fault solely. The music was not pop friendly IMO. Everything wasn't the electrifying VH tunes we have grown accustomed to. Too experimental for a "new" band with a brand new vocalist. Messing with the formula too much. If people believe that Balance era tunes or Humans Being is what they will do now- I don't wanna hear it. Sammy won't do it. He wasn't too proud of the Balance days. He is having alot of fun and he is in charge with his solo/band career. He knows it is a battle to be in band with the brothers. I guess they should stick with nostalgia. Only VH fans like all of us who come here care. The general public does not want to see another sad chapter in the soap opera that is VH. Everytime a false reunion happens we get cheated and the legend gets soiled. The fact is to work as successful band they need Sammy or Dave. For it to be an Eagles or KIss like reunion they need Dave. To continue on without Dave. It must be Sam. Or both. A double edged sword.
    "Great Things Like This Only Happen For The First Time Once..." Gary Busey

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

04.01.15 @ 02:33 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

This is by far one of the better topics on the board so I will chime in one more time.

Gabby,
    I don't agree that VH has done everything they can from a creative standpoint with Sam or Dave for that matter. In a true musical group you will find that each part feeds off another part. Balance was a great departure from F.U.C.K. and even farther away from either 5150 or OU812.
    From the Dave perspective 1984 was a drastic change from anything the band had created to that point. Some of it comes with the changing of the times and the maturity of those involved. The advantage Sam has is that he has been involved since the great divide with the musical process. I am not sure what Dave can claim as creative since the same time period. Use it or loose it sometimes is the case. Now I don't know that to be the true in Dave's case, but we don't have anything to prove otherwise either.

KR
    If it will rock we will roll.

Favorite VH Album

Cover Bands from Pasadena
    Favorite VH Song

Babe Don't leave Me Alone
    Last Online

09.05.15 @ 12:20 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts

Originally posted by Rebel Yell5:
    If people believe that Balance era tunes or Humans Being is what they will do now- I don't wanna hear it. Sammy won't do it. He wasn't too proud of the Balance days.
    I wasn't trying to say that they will do that now with Sam, but an evolution of that type of pissed off dark energy. I think it would be suicide to do too much "pop" type of stuff these days. All I was saying is that I think Sam has the creativity in him to contribute in a big way to wherever the VH boys are at.

As far as Sam not being proud of the Balance days, I don't think it's a matter of not being proud of the material as much as it's the shitty relationship he had with Ed and Al.

Either way, I think if we as diehard fan want to see anything new and fresh, but VH, from these guys Sam's the only guy up for the challenge IMO.
    My Band
    Baluchitherium