Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Have they ever done a "where are they now show" on Dave? I like both Dave and Sammy, but until I found the pleasure dome and this site I had no idea Dave was even making music anymore. The average person on the street probably knows that Sammy is still around either through his well known Cabo Wabo place or through that Tequila song a few years ago, even if they don't buy his albums. But I don't know of anyone that even knows Dave still exists. Why is it that Dave is so forgotten except by the most fanatical Dave worshipers? Does he just have bad PR or what? Or is his music that bad? All I've heard is that awful Just a Gigilo(sp?) song and the techno stuff from his website (which is awful). As I said I like both guys, this is not to bash Dave, but he might as well be dead as far as the rest of the world is concerned. Why?

[ March 13, 2002 at 12:08 PM: Message edited by: EricDaniel ]</p>

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

BALANCE
    Favorite VH Song

AFTERSHOCK
    Last Online

03.20.07 @ 12:01 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

He's filming a rogaine infomercial in his basement. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

women and children first
    Favorite VH Song

thatslikeaskingwhatmyfavjunkfoodis
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Dave's goin ahead with plans for a summer solo tour with his band. Dates are being booked now as we speak. sincerely paul

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

I think it's wildly inaccurate to suggest that the average person on the street is more aware of where Sammy is than where Dave is. I highly doubt Mr. and Mrs. Average are very aware of the Cabo Wabo Cantina or Sammy's tequila song.

Both singers are WAY off the rock and roll radar, and both will remain so unless they are in Van Halen. I'd go out onto the street and test this theory, but it's snowing, so fuck that!!

This is all Opinion/Speculation here. Guess I can't close every thread that looks like it's going to become a Dave vs Sammy battle. So I guess I'll send it to the Op/Spec forum. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Meanstreet
    Last Online

05.18.12 @ 09:24 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by strungout:
    He's filming a rogaine infomercial in his basement. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    Wow, how original! You just thought that one up all on your own eh?

Classic.

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

VAN HALEN I
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by strungout:
    Sammy is filming a Weight Watchers' commercial, [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] but first he has to get some guys cock out of his ass. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Sammy doesn't get bashed enough on these forums and he is too highly protected

BA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last Online

12.07.17 @ 01:08 PM
    Liked 10 Times in 5 Posts

Originally posted by Sammy Who?:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by strungout:
    Sammy is filming a Weight Watchers' commercial, [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] but first he has to get some guys cock out of his ass. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

</font>[/QUOTE]Wow, how original! You just thought that one up all on your own eh?

Classic.

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey, I didn't post this message to start a Sammy v. Dave war. I think everyone has had enough of that. All I wanted to know is why Dave seems to be nonexistent as far as everyone, except Roth fans, are considered. I really don't think it's speculation to suggest that Sammy is more well known among the average joe. At least from my experience Dave's a ghost and that's too bad. I enjoyed both eras of VH, both singers are great. It just seems that Dave doesn't register with most people.

[ March 13, 2002 at 02:11 PM: Message edited by: EricDaniel ]</p>

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Meanstreet
    Last Online

05.18.12 @ 09:24 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by EricDaniel:
    All I wanted to know is why Dave seems to be nonexistent as far as everyone, except Roth fans, are considered.
    Because it's not 1984 anymore and everyone except us sick bastards have moved on with their lives.

[ March 13, 2002 at 03:15 PM: Message edited by: dj88 ]</p>

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT, WACF, FW
    Favorite VH Song

Loss of Control
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 12:25 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You know, I've just finished watching a rock.doc on the BBC (When Rock Ruled The World) and was hoping for a bit o' VH. But as it's the UK I wasn't too hopeful. They had the usual suspects; Led Zep, Black Sab, and even Motley Crue and Judas Priest. Spinal Tap got a mention too.
    At the end of the programme they were on about how rock went pussy with the hair and spandex in the '80s...and that was when they showed about a dozen different shots of DLR. A bloody parody, but that's what he's ended up as. And VH are going to end up as an irrelevance, if they aren't already, if they too don't get their act together.
    Such a shame that so much talent can be so misguided. [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img]

Last Online

12.13.11 @ 02:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Waiting for the "inevitable" call from Edward! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

VAN HALEN I
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Crown Royal:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Sammy Who?:

</font>[/QUOTE]Wow, how original! You just thought that one up all on your own eh?

Classic.

</font>[/QUOTE]As a matter of fact I did scumbag!
    Think of things to say yourself instead of quoting other people you asshole Sammy lover

Last Online

12.07.17 @ 01:08 PM
    Liked 10 Times in 5 Posts

Originally posted by Sammy Who?:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Crown Royal:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Sammy Who?:

Classic.

</font>[/QUOTE]As a matter of fact I did scumbag!
    Think of things to say yourself instead of quoting other people you asshole Sammy lover
    </font>[/QUOTE]Look dipshit,

I was just trying to make a point. The guy who started this thread had no intention of creating ANOTHER Dave vs Sammy.

You on the other hand, can do NOTHING but that. I believe it brings out your insecurities.

And for the record, Dave era VH is my favourite. Has been since 1978. But I also like the Sam era as well. And the Gary era, well, nevermind.....

Maybe if you posted something constructive once and a while......

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

BALANCE
    Favorite VH Song

AFTERSHOCK
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Glenn:
    I think it's wildly inaccurate to suggest that the average person on the street is more aware of where Sammy is than where Dave is. I highly doubt Mr. and Mrs. Average are very aware of the Cabo Wabo Cantina or Sammy's tequila song.
    I beg to differ.

Sammy has been all over the place. He has one of the most popular tequilas out there. Anyone that knows anything about liquor or tequila knows this...just ask them. For Sam's last album he did a ton of publicity. He was on E's Talk Soup for a day, he opened up a Sunday morning football show with a performance, and he was on Leno before the album came out (to cut his hair for charity). He's also been on the food channel for some show on his tequila, and on a celebrity homes show a year or two ago.

While his concerts aren't sell out shows like the Stones, he does well for an old rocker his age, and he does it on the merits of HIS solo work. He doesn't go around selling his shows on Van Halen material, like Dave. If Dave wasn't going around doing 99% VH material, would people still go see him? Not very many.

Now, Sammy is going out with other established musicians to record some material with other well known musicians. The music is already being considered for a big movie soundtrack!! Dave is releasing a 'DVD' that looks like it was filmed on a cheap camcorder. He's hiring cover band musicians and a no-name Jap guitarist.

Sure Mr. and Mrs. Average may not know the 'Cabo Wabo Cantina' or the 'Tequila' song, but I bet you more people know what Sammy's been doing the last few years than Dave.

Hopefully this new 'Planet US' band will expose him to many more people, especially the younger crowd.

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

BALANCE
    Favorite VH Song

AFTERSHOCK
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I also forgot to mention that when Sam's latest album came out, I heard 'Serious Juju' and 'Let Sally Drive' a lot on my local classic rock station. After a few weeks 'Serious Juju' stopped being played (cause it sucks), but I still hear 'Let Sally Drive' once in a while. I never heard DLR Band on the radio, and I never hear Dave solo now. Once in a while I'll hear 'Eagles Fly' or 'I can't Drive 55' or 'Let Sally Drive' on the radio.

Also, contrary to what some people say, I hear Van Hagar nearly as much as Dave era Van Halen on the radio. I'll hear 'Finish What Ya Started', 'WCTBL', 'Right Now', 'Dreams' nearly as much as 'You Really Got Me', 'Panama', 'Hot For Teacher', 'Jump' and 'Jamie's Cryin'. Dave era does get played a bit more, but some people here claim that Van Hagar is NEVER played on the radio, which is completely untrue.