Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:34 PM
    Liked 65 Times in 36 Posts

Premium Member
    Intresting post. Probably better fit in the opinions forum though, so I'll throw it over there to be continued [img]smile.gif[/img]
    A little zen....... Headed your way.......

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Nah, you're not the only one that gave a WTF when they read the Roth transcript.

My take on the interview was that he was working on a DVD recorded on previous shows and had been working on material for a new solo album. The part about Bob Rock and steak and potatoes is just saying, if the music itself is good, you don't need to dress it up with fancy production techniques.
    "Just once I'd like to do the right thing and not get punished for it."

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 10:17 AM
    Liked 1,474 Times in 899 Posts

Van Halen isn't dead....just on a long, long, vacation. They will return. Not a fact but an opinion.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

all of em
    Favorite VH Song

all of em
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You know, I've been listening to Van Halen since I was 12 years old. I'm 30 now. Personally, the day David Lee Roth left the band, it was stunning to me and I remember laying in bed, wondering if would ever get the chance to see the original line up walk on stage together again in my lifetime. Needless to say, I was a huge fan. The reason I say "was" is because if I take my emotions away for a minute and take a look at the facts of this bands latest situation, only one word comes to mind, and its: pathetic. Van Halen has really turned into something of a sick joke, compared to its former glory. David Lee Roth has turned into a balding geezer, who's once amusing quick lip has turned into non comprehensible jibber jabber. Am I the only one who can't understand what the fuck the guy is talking about when I read transcripts of the latest interviews? Fuck, I love what the guy did for Van Halen in the 80's but he's a fucking dinosaur now! Some may say its only entertainment, but would any of you pay to see your own balding grandfathers jerking off to booze bottles? Eddie seems to have run out of any material that will kick my face in and I think Me Wise Magic proves that. Good tune, but it's definatly not Everybody Wants Some or Unchained. The bullshit of going through three singers makes them completly laughable. Although some bands may lose a drummer or guitar player, when you lose the VOICE of your band three times, you should definalty consider packing it in as listners will never take you seriously. "Hey, hear that Van Halen tune."
    "You mean the Van Halen with that guy that jumps around and kicks and shit?!
    "No."
    "You mean the Van Halen with the chunky guy that sings those ballads?"
    "No"
    "You mean the Van Halen......
    Get my point? Now, there is absolutly no news from the band at all. Why did Van Halen have to be such lame asses, why did I have to love this band so much?! It's a curse! If this was any other band I would have been laughing my ass off, but this was the great Van Halen. In reality, this horse is sick and theres only one solution. "Pa. Get the gun." I can't believe I'm saying all this even now, but my patience is worn out. Listening to the people writting in on these forums is getting SO FUCKING BORING! Its the same shit day in day out, "Wher's Ed. Whats with the band? Whens the new tour? This singer sucks. That singer rules." This band is dead. New music has been made folks. I went to see the Scorpians two or three years ago in Ontario. Man, what a sad show and did I ever feel wierd (at 27) sitting next to women with leathery skin and saggy boobs. Not to mention the greasy rocker guys who wreeked of liqour and chicken wings, with their bandanas and leather tassles blowing in the wind. The band going through the same routine of yesteryear, oblivious of the fact that the world has moved on without them. Could a Van Halen reunion be much different. If this was 1992, chances are a Van Halen reunion would have kicked ass as the boys still had some steam in the engine. Seeing that this is 2002 and the rock scene is pretty much dead, it'll take more than our desire to have Van Halen turn the music world on its ear, it'll take a miracle! (or a time machine.) Now excuse me while I go and spin some records on my tables.

Didn't mean to offend anyone, just fed up and totally pissed that things werent different. Whew, I feel better now!

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 3
    Favorite VH Song

Right Now
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Some good points in there!!!

But what about guys like me. Im only 20 and the first time I heard Van Halen was with Sammy Hagar singing dreams.

I thought the day Sammy left was the day Van Halen died.

who is to say if Van Halen is dead yet??
    "Jebe Ga"

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

02.20.07 @ 03:36 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

They will return, but I think the days of Van Halen being a continuous stable band recording music and touring every three years or so are over. I think this band's situation will always be in question. I really feel this. I hate to say it, but I think Ed has finally reached the stage of paranoia and complete self-doubt that will disallow him from sticking with anything stable in his professional life. It's actually pretty sad. A reunion will be nice, but I don't think it'll be permanent. I hope so, though.

Man, these guys were Gods once. And five and a half years ago, the whole world was looking at them as Gods. When Dave's open letter came out, I knew this was going to happen to Van Halen. I hoped so, actually, because I was so mad at them not going with Dave and basically tricking me as a fan (whether they say they intended to or not). But now, seeing the aftermath of their giant fuck-up, it's very very sad.
    "I had a girl beating on my hotel door all night...She was screaming, crying. Finally, I said, 'What the hell'...and I let her out!"- DLR

Favorite VH Song

Hot for Teacher
    Last Online

09.30.17 @ 02:07 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I agree. I loved this band since 81 and coming from New Zealand where people would go Van who? Was tough, but I stuck there.
    I think the guys should really knock it on the head, they have lost a lot of credibility over the last few years with No news is good news. Who cares, no one outside the US certainly does. I think that perhaps the band feel everyone will come back when they announce the new or old singer and release a new album which may be a touch too arrogant of them. The fact is aside from U2, no one really makes exciting music over the age of 40, the spark is normally gone for whatever reason, I think the magic that was VH has gone. Ed should leave Mike and Al behind, go and do music scores or play on other peoples albums, have fun and enjoy his millions.
    When you start to worry about what people or lawyers think, you are pissing full frontal into a gale. That is not what music is about, is it?

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

All DLR era albums
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

But Pink Floyd remains the world's GREATEST band when when the members were in their late 40s and early 50s (The Division Bell album is still better than any non Floyd shit out there) even though VH w/DLR kicks some fucking ass!
    WE NEED A VH/DLR REUNION NOW!!!!

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

02.20.07 @ 03:36 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by PINK FLOYD FANATIC:
    But Pink Floyd remains the world's GREATEST band when when the members were in their late 40s and early 50s (The Division Bell album is still better than any non Floyd shit out there) even though VH w/DLR kicks some fucking ass!<hr></blockquote>

I totally disagree. A MOMENTARY LAPSE OF REASON and THE DIVISION BELL are two of the most boring, unlistenable pieces of garbage I've ever heard. You're talking two albums where David Gilmour hired a producer to make sure the album sounded "Floyd-like" and the music had absolutely none of the intensity or imagination that Waters' songs had. I hated those two albums and the nostalgia tours that followed were based on money and nothing else. It's very sad, and I wish Pink Floyd broke up in 1985.

Van Halen is still capable of creating great music and the band certainly are capable of reuniting. At least Dave and Eddie have been able to communicate. Roger Waters and Pink Floyd STILL hate each other. (Oh, and Roger Waters solo work, while not as good as the original Floyd, is still far better than the band's two albums without him.)
    "I had a girl beating on my hotel door all night...She was screaming, crying. Finally, I said, 'What the hell'...and I let her out!"- DLR

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Meanstreet
    Last Online

05.18.12 @ 09:24 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I saw Dave last summer and he looked and sounded anything but over the hill. He was awesome. And as far as him jerking his Jack Daniels off into the crowd that was hilarious! It was classic Dave and everything I expected from him. He wasn't balding at all thanks to his hair plugs; and you know what? Who cares if he's balding? I certainly don't. People age and there's nothing they can do about it. To give up on Dave just because he's aged is stupid. He's still full of life.

As far as Van Halen goes they've blown it. They suckered me into buying their BOV1 just to get the two Roth tunes as well. They've screwed over Dave, Sammy, Gary and their fans and you know what? They couldn't care less.

Screw VH, I'm tired of them too. Dave solo is fine for me. I don't care if he isn't selling records like NSTINK or Creed, he's still rockin my ass off and that's good enough for me.

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 05:40 PM
    Liked 2,383 Times in 1,487 Posts

Premium Member
    if you live long you will get old.vanhalen is a band until a official announcement saying they r not.
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by edwardv:
    if you live long you will get old.vanhalen is a band until a official announcement saying they r not.<hr></blockquote>

Bands make albums and tour. They also make up their minds about who the band members are. If they are incapable of doing those three things, then they are not a band.

Incidentally, there was never an "official announcement" that the Eagles broke up. They just didn't release an album or play together for 17 years.

The Police never officially announced their breakup either.... guess we should still expect that followup to Synchronicity then?
    Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

Last Online

12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by PINK FLOYD FANATIC:
    But Pink Floyd remains the world's GREATEST band when when the members were in their late 40s and early 50s (The Division Bell album is still better than any non Floyd shit out there) even though VH w/DLR kicks some fucking ass!<hr></blockquote>

saying the Division Bell is good Pink Floyd is like saying Pump is equal to vintage Aerosmith.
    "is this a good show tonight, or fuckin' what?" - DLR, Montreal, 11/10/07

Toronto 10/7...Cleveland 10/10...Toronto 10/12...Montreal 11/10

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by twonabomber:

saying the Division Bell is good Pink Floyd is like saying Pump is equal to vintage Aerosmith.
    <hr></blockquote>

Frame that quote and hang it on the wall in Gilmour's fucking recording studio!!

Pink Floyd broke up in 1983. Gilmour and Mason released one album in their own names and it tanked. That's why they thought they needed to cash in on the name. Gilmour isn't even an original member, and who the fuck ever heard of giving legal rights to a band name to a DRUMMER?? Does this mean Ringo Starr can go to the same judge and do his next tour legally as "The Beatles"???
    Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and the rest of the first 6 albums!
    Favorite VH Song

Everthing off of the first 6 albums!
    Last Online

01.10.09 @ 01:07 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by dj88:
    I saw Dave last summer and he looked and sounded anything but over the hill. He was awesome. And as far as him jerking his Jack Daniels off into the crowd that was hilarious! It was classic Dave and everything I expected from him. He wasn't balding at all thanks to his hair plugs; and you know what? Who cares if he's balding? I certainly don't. People age and there's nothing they can do about it. To give up on Dave just because he's aged is stupid. He's still full of life.

As far as Van Halen goes they've blown it. They suckered me into buying their BOV1 just to get the two Roth tunes as well. They've screwed over Dave, Sammy, Gary and their fans and you know what? They couldn't care less.

Screw VH, I'm tired of them too. Dave solo is fine for me. I don't care if he isn't selling records like NSTINK or Creed, he's still rockin my ass off and that's good enough for me.
    <hr></blockquote>

Can I get an AMEN BROTHER!!!!