Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

I\'m the One
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

1. What song(s) from VH3 should they play on a new tour? I'd go with "One I want." However, if Sammy comes back, I doubt they'd play anything from it, although it would be cool to hear Sam play at least one song from that album live.

2. What song should VH play from one of Sammy's post-breakup albums? I'd go with "Little White Lie." It would be ironic for VH to play that with Sam.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Don't Tell Me
    Last Online

01.05.12 @ 06:32 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

1. If they do go on tour I think they would play "Without You". It is a Sammy kinda of song anyway. The first time I heard it I would have sworn Sammy wrote it, plus it was one of only two singles from the record, and i just don't see them playing "Fire in the Hole".

2. I think that they could play any song from 10-13 and it would not be a big deal because in my opinion it sounds like Sammy did in VH more than MTM or Red Voodoo. Your right though it would be awesome for them to play"Little White Lies" considering it was written with them in mind.

This was a good topic and fun to think about.

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Cabo Wabo
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Definatley Without You, that was the best song on the CD, I thinkthey should play 10/13 thats a great tune, and they should alos dig way back with sammy and play Red, Eddie would tear that song up, and Mikey would sing the backing vocals great.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

04.13.15 @ 11:52 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

If they were playin' stuff...

VH3: I'd go with "Without You". Hearing Sammy sing it in his own voice would be interesting and, no offense to Gary or Gary fans, probably a bit better. If any other, I'd go with "Year to the Day".

Sammy Solo: I'm actually a big fan of Sammy Solo. I'd like to hear them play One Way To Rock, Mas Tequila, etc. I think he had some great stuff that I'd like to see VH do.

~5150~
    The song ain't dirty it's really just the way we sing it...

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Runaround
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 09:41 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Originally posted by SlashNIzzy:
    1. What song(s) from VH3 should they play on a new tour? I'd go with "One I want." However, if Sammy comes back, I doubt they'd play anything from it, although it would be cool to hear Sam play at least one song from that album live.

2. What song should VH play from one of Sammy's post-breakup albums? I'd go with "Little White Lie." It would be ironic for VH to play that with Sam.
    1. I think that if they played anything from 3 that it would probobly be Without You. But it would be awesome if they played That's Why I love You.

2. It would be cool as hell to hear them do Let Sally Drive or Serious Juju.

[ September 14, 2002, 11:53 AM: Message edited by: TopJimmy1978 ]

Last Online

12.13.11 @ 02:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

It'll be a complete joke if Hagar returns to VH. It will be perceived as ho-hum for starters. Sure The Redtarts will be happy but it's a shame they'll never know what Classic VH is/was all about.

But, I'm not worried about that scenario The Diamond will be back. Eddie Van Halen can't be that stupid and choose Hagar.

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Maybe Van Haggar could play Inside or Dick In The Dirt or Cheesing To Mars(complete with the dorky call and response with tha crowd) or How Many Say I. Nope, fuck that. Bring it on home with some ol' school Van Davin'!!!!!! [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

FUCK or 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mine All Mine, 5150
    Last Online

12.08.17 @ 12:05 PM
    Liked 1,878 Times in 1,097 Posts

From VHIII it would be kinda cool to do Ballot or the bullet, let ed play the electric guitar and sammy could play the slide parts with that cool little slide guitar he uses on the begining of Bad Motor Scooter. If not that probably Without You.

Warmth of the womb was written for VH so it would be cool to hear the band do that tune. They gotta do One Way to Rock-the VH version of that song is awsome.
    Lots of songs Sammy has put out over the last few years could work as VH songs. It will be interesting to hear what they eventually do.

BTTB

Favorite VH Album

All 7 with Dave
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.06.17 @ 03:05 PM
    Liked 147 Times in 87 Posts

Originally posted by EVH FANATIC:
    Eddie Van Halen can't be that stupid and choose Hagar.
    Think again. He is stupid. Not a very bright individual.

Unchained
    Last Online

03.04.06 @ 06:04 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I know Roth won't be back, I don't know if Sam will be back. However Sammy can sing anyone of those songs on VH3. Is it just me or do any of you feel that Cherone sounded eerily like Hagar on many songs on VH3? I never thought Cherone sounded like Hager on any Extreme Songs. Among others, I think that was part of the reason that Cherone didn't catch on. Sounded to much like Hagar. That's why if they go with a 4th singer I want a guy to forge his own road and not be a Roth or Hagar clone.

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

POUND CAKE
    Last Online

05.08.08 @ 02:22 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It'll be a complete joke if Hagar returns to VH. It will be perceived as ho-hum for starters. Sure The Redtarts will be happy but it's a shame they'll never know what Classic VH is/was all about.

But, I'm not worried about that scenario The Diamond will be back. Eddie Van Halen can't be that stupid and choose Hagar.
    Actually, I don't think Eddie would be stupid enough to choose the diamond one. He can't sing anymore.

Last Online

09.26.07 @ 02:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

DLR FANATIC, what's the matter? You've been acting a lot more Anti-Sammy than usual lately. Because you think Dave probably won't return?
    "It's so damn hot... milk was a bad choice." --Ron Burgundy, Anchorman

Last Online

12.13.11 @ 02:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by Dan Halen:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by EVH FANATIC:

DLR FANATIC, what's the matter? You've been acting a lot more Anti-Sammy than usual lately. Because you think Dave probably won't return?</font>[/QUOTE]I'll ignore the DLR FANATIC crack.

Actually you are correct that I have been more Anti-Sammy than usual lately. But, no not because I think Dave won't return. On the contrary, I believe he will return.

I guess I've just actually been getting upset because I see alot of Dave bashing lately and alot of Sammy worshiping. And I've noticed that many DLR fans have been banned. I guess I've felt like I have to pick up the slack so to speak. And it's gotten the best of me.

Thank you for your concern you seem to have a good head on your shoulders. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

And I've noticed that many DLR fans have been banned.
    Assholes get banned. It doesn't matter who they happen to prefer. An asshole is an asshole is an asshole, and they don't belong here.

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 02:16 PM
    Liked 1,460 Times in 896 Posts

Before I answer the questions I just want to say that this is my 2000th post and still no new Van Halen music.

1.) Probably 'Without You' since Gary sounded like Sam anyway at the end of the song.

2.) I would LOVE to hear VH play 'Right On Right' off of the Red Voodoo album. It would sound so amazing with the brothers and Mikey running the show.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com