Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Little Dreamer
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think that now is clear: VH as a group does'nt exist anymore. Perhaps this is the natural end of a grup that did his best in the 80's.

The last two albums (BAL, VHIII) from that band are so last in time and quality from their masterpice (VHI, 1984, 5150).

Now in my opinion is time to change completly. ED, the real talent from VH, neds new ispiration, new music, a new band!!

Fuck all the fans, fuck VH as a band, if ED is a true artist how I think, he will do new music without problem on how it will sell, he does'nt need money! Otherwise I prefer no more music from him, and no more shit on VH name as a band!
    I don't remamber the fuking words

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

5150, 1984, OU812, VH II, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs, The Inside, A Year To The Day
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I love Balance I think it's a great record. III has it's moments but it's a little dull.

Gimme a break both Dave and Sammy were/are immensely talented. Al is a freakin drum legend and Mike well there would be no VH without Mike in my opinion. If he ever goes I will proudly give up my VH membership card and say good riddance. Mike is the best and ironically Sammy is about the only one who realizes this
    Know Ralph<br />Know Van Halen<br /><br />No Ralph<br />No Van Halen

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

I\'m the one
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Balance Rocks-

Unchained
    Last Online

01.28.16 @ 01:53 PM
    Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts

The thing about Ed is that when he starts taking his riffs and ideas to the next level, that is usually with Al, and I'm pretty sure he has said at times that it's him and Al til the end. I know he's jammed with other people like Alan Gratzer on the Starfleet jam stuff at Brian May's, as well as working on tracks for other people, and jamming live with other acts, but creatively, it always comes back to him and Al, with Mike not being part of that equation. I think Ed and Al truly feel that the grooves they come up with, the guitar and drums together make up what they feel is Van Halen music, while the rest of us as well as Dave, Sammy, Mike and Gary feel like the vocals, backing vocals and bass add to what Ed and Al do and that is Van Halen music.

The reason I feel they think that way is because of their classical training, and the comments Ed has made about music needing lyrics, and then saying something about what Beethoven would say. Not to demean what a bass player does, but alot of the time, he plays the root note, rides it, until the next change. Still, that is one half of the groove, but Ed and Al have always locked in with one another, probably because of how they jam alone to work stuff up.

I just don't see Ed doing much if anything without Al, unless AL has had his fill of live playing, and gives Ed his blessing to seek out a new drummer to work with. It would be cool to see what a different drummer could get out of Ed, but it would never be the same. Their bond together is as strong as that of the Young bros,Angus and Malcolm in AC/DC in as far as how much they bring the best out of each other, and make up such a big part of their bands sound.

Just my opinion, and I would go see Ed and Al play Van Halen music all by themselves in any setting, and I'd dig it the most, but at the same time, it wouldn't be the same for me. I think what many of us view as VH music is what Ed and Al may refer to as the VH experience. The only bad thing is that the Dave had a big hand in getting that VH music to the point where it could be an experience beyond the music that Ed and AL came up with. In closing, no offense to Mike Anthony, as he is a big part of why I've always dug VH. Great background vocals, stage presence and the ability to stay out of Ed's way in an audio sense and hold down the fort with Al at the same time. God knows that poor guy wants to fucking jam, and is busting his ass to get us what we all want, new music.
    John 3:16, Can You Dig It?

People, the 6 wings of the Mighty Van Halen will fly again! Can You Dig It?

You gotta give more than you take! Can You Dig it?

And underneath the arch, it turned into a march,
    and there He found a spark to set this fucker off!
    Set it off, set it off now children,set if off!

We are down the road! I Can Dig It! Can You?

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

5150, 1984, OU812, VH II, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs, The Inside, A Year To The Day
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Exactly Mike is the fucking unsung hero of the Van Halen saga. Plus Mike does a hell of a lot more then just ride the root and besides as much as I admire Ed's playing I don't think he could handle playing with a Billy Sheehan type.

Mike can't be praised enough. He was there almost from the beginning before Roth even. He seems at ease with not being a contributing songwriter per say, does his job and stays out of the "stars" way. He's a team player one of the best ever in rock n roll. He's the glue that holds that band together. Musically and not
    Know Ralph<br />Know Van Halen<br /><br />No Ralph<br />No Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

1984, Balance, Van Halen, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mike on SGMAD, Baluchetherium
    Last Online

02.12.07 @ 03:44 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I've said this many times before, but Mike is one bad ass mofo. Anyone who thinks he doesn't contribute much to the band is full of it. By the way WARHEAD I'm not raggin' what you said about him, great post
    How to make a “Mad Anthony”

2 oz Cabo Wabo® Tequila
    1 oz Spicy V8
    Juice from a fresh Lime
    A generous dollop of Mad Anthony’s Hot Sauce
    Combine in a shaker full of ice and shake it up
    Pour into shot glass garnished with
    a dab of salt
    a small slice of lime
    a slice of Serrano or Jalapeno chili pepper

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

Best Of (cop out answer)
    Favorite VH Song

A Year To The Day
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Balance and III both rock. True they don't have the youthful energy of VH I or Fair Warning or the pop perfectionism of 5150 but they are the work of an artist trying to move on to a new direction. Very interesting and powerful music in each of those albums.
    "Right Now.....Mike is thinking about a solo project."<br /><br />"Victory has a thousand fathers. Defeat is an orphan."

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

OK people, I agree with all of you:

Ed and Al ... bla bla bla
    Mike ... bla bla bla
    Roth and Sammy.... bla bla bla
    BAL and VHIII... bla bla bla

but now all of this is old at least 5 years, and we need fresh new music from Ed, not a nostalgic saga or some quite good music, so one more time if ED is interested in music, FUCK all the fans FUCK VH as a band and do something completly new like a great artist, oserwise give up with music and don't give as shit like a old patetic ROCK STAR from '80!!
    I don't remamber the fuking words